Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

6 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

Hart will be fine. You can have nightmares about Bryz if you want. Hart is a process that will get hot eventually 

I have zero issue with Hart, most goalies don't start playing well at an NHL level until 24-25 years old and he is already at that level at 22. He can only get better, especially since his mental game is on point which is where most goalies falter when they aren't able to get by on size and agility alone, such as stolarz. Great physical traits, but overall unable to secure a regular NHL role

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.   Pretty much every broadcast I’ve seen.  He’s been fawned over.  

Broadcast can do whatever they want, and most games they're right. Hart is usually in good position, not terrible with rebound control etc. He is fawned over because goalies his age aren't usually as good as he is currently. Couple that with playing behind a bottom 5 defensive team (currently), and that is likely why he gets praised.

Is he an all star (yet), no. But he is better than the average 22 year old goaltender and I believe that is why he gets so much praise from the broadcasting and intermission team. 

Edit: when I responded to the post I meant had anyone in here been calling him great. As I recall most had been saying he has been fine, which he has.

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Hart has been talked about for years in here and the old board with glowing praise.  He hasn’t live up to it in my eyes.  It’s ok, I’m not saying he sucks.  He’s just not there yet.  You feel differently.  It’s ok for fans to have varying opinions.   Life goes on.   

That’s where I’m at with him. He isn’t terrible, and is young enough that he COULD become one of the greats... but in my eyes it is far from "can’t miss” with him turning into the franchise goaltender that many believe he is. 

• Like 2

Nobody feels like watching the Flyers losing to to those dbag Bruins again? 

Scoreless 1st period with both teams having some PP chances.  Flyers had a 4v3 and didn't do ish with it.  Still do that slingshot trying to enter the zone and it still sucks.  Still giving G way too much PP time.  They looked dreadful on the 4v3.  At least their PK was better, for now. 

BTW, would love to take some shots on Taryn Hatcher's goal.  Sex-eeeee.

G and Jake pass too damn much.  When you have an open shot you need to take it instead of waiting for the perfect pass.

17 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

G and Jake pass too damn much.  When you have an open shot you need to take it instead of waiting for the perfect pass.

Been saying that about G in particular for like 5 years now. He should have been traded when his value was higher. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

The whole team does, and it's been that way for years. 

Tonight's game is so hard to watch, but at least they're finally suppressing shots. Unfortunately they're suppressing shots completely at the expense of any kind of offense.

JVR stays hot! I haven't been the biggest fan of his, but I'm coming around.

Nice deflection by JVR for the PP goal.  And that's what you need to do on a PP, shots on goal with a player standing right in front of the goalie.  Keep it simple.

10 minutes ago, devpool said:

This is the longest Fing game ever

Can we blow back-to-back 3rd period leads vs the asshat Bruins?  Well, they just scored again, so looks likely.

I would pay to fight Marchand. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, devpool said:

Once coots gets back we are beating Boston. Their first line is Fing destroying us, coots eliminates them

Meh, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, devpool said:

Once coots gets back we are beating Boston. Their first line is Fing destroying us, coots eliminates them

The guy who should be wearing the 'C'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Meh, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Then don't, but the fact of the matter is coots is a guy that slows down opponents' stars if not neutralizes them completely. Considering Boston's stars were the ones who scored every goal but one in the past two games, you can put two and two together.

I don't get why some of you choose to be so negative all the time. This isn't the eagles, the flyers are a good team with talent. They lost two games to the second best team in hockey while missing their best player and today missing a top 4 defenseman as well. Step away from the ledge

10 hours ago, devpool said:

Then don't, but the fact of the matter is coots is a guy that slows down opponents' stars if not neutralizes them completely. Considering Boston's stars were the ones who scored every goal but one in the past two games, you can put two and two together.

I don't get why some of you choose to be so negative all the time. This isn't the eagles, the flyers are a good team with talent. They lost two games to the second best team in hockey while missing their best player and today missing a top 4 defenseman as well. Step away from the ledge

it's not about being negative, it's about being realistic, besides coots, who is dangerous on this team? giroux, jake,ghost? what have they done? if they dont show up, we are not beating anyone. that's the leaders that's supposed to be your difference makers, they are not. they never been. that's why it took us years to win a playoff series because giroux and jake dont show up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, devpool said:

I love Coots, and I think he'll definitely make a difference and help this team win games when he returns, but I just think he's only one piece to this puzzle. I think this team's problems run a little deeper than an injured center right now. I'm admittedly cynical, but I'm certainly not anywhere close to being one of the most negative posters on here. In fact, I often push back against the truly negative nancies in here. The fact of the matter is, I came into this season pretty optimistic, and my posts here at the beginning would indicate that. Now, I've certainly cooled off a bit and am tempering expectations, but I haven't given up hope. Keep in mind, though, that we're already almost 1/4 of the way through this shortened season. They need to figure things out pronto.

For as much as I hate simple solutions to complex problems, this team’s issues could be fixed by doing two things:

1. Moving the Fn puck up the GD ice quickly. 
2. Shoot the Fn puck. 

Usually their biggest issue defensively is poor positioning but positionally they’ve actually been pretty good this year. The issue is looking for the perfect lane to move the puck through the neutral zone and then the perfect shooting lane. They keep letting perfect get in the way of better. Stop ussy footing around and just do it. 

4 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

it's not about being negative, it's about being realistic, besides coots, who is dangerous on this team? giroux, jake,ghost? what have they done? if they dont show up, we are not beating anyone. that's the leaders that's supposed to be your difference makers, they are not. they never been. that's why it took us years to win a playoff series because giroux and jake dont show up.

It 100% is about being negative, because being realistic means you actually realize the team is talented and they're currently missing their best player(Selke winner), a good young center, and one of their best d men has been in and out. You know what happens when a team's best player is out? Generally don't look great. Especially when that player is an all-situation defensive machine capable of killing an opponents top players.

You all love to talk about G and jake not showing up when they are second on the team in points right now behind JvR who is playing like a man possessed. They are not flashy players, they never have been. Without them on this team the last few years we would be a Chicago level team, absolutely putrid. 

You're asking what has ghost done in his games back? Are you high? Have you watched a single game this season? Ghost has stabilized the top 4. Last game was rough for both him and provorov, which of course will be the only thing you bring up since it just happened.

Take your "realistic" outlook and cram it. Yeah, it sucks they dropped two winnable games to the second best team in the league. No, it doesn't mean the team is terrible. Anyway that's the last rant since this is all we see after losses, just don't hop back on when the team finds their footing and starts playing well.

• Like 2