Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

On 2/10/2021 at 11:25 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

I think the NHL is going to have a much tougher time this go-around with no bubble, 30 teams playing a regular-season format, and playing through the time of year when people are generally indoors and illnesses are circulating more effectively. I mean, in a normal year, it's typical for a flu outbreak to course through a hockey team, so I could see this getting out of hand quickly.

Can't find any good news <_<

On 2/10/2021 at 11:25 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

I think the NHL is going to have a much tougher time this go-around with no bubble, 30 teams playing a regular-season format, and playing through the time of year when people are generally indoors and illnesses are circulating more effectively. I mean, in a normal year, it's typical for a flu outbreak to course through a hockey team, so I could see this getting out of hand quickly.

They’re not doing rapid testing before entering facilities. Their protocols are garbage. Has nothing to do with playing indoors. No issues with European hockey leagues.

And it’s not a regular season format... have you been watching?

50 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

They’re not doing rapid testing before entering facilities. Their protocols are garbage. Has nothing to do with playing indoors. No issues with European hockey leagues.

They aren't doing rapid testing exclusively because it is extremely inaccurate. You could say worst case it's a false positive but the amount of games that could possibly be postponed/cancelled due to those tests would extremely high. Either way games would be getting postponed. I believe they've been doing 24 hour testing the day before, and if someone is positive they then do a round of rapid tests and pray they don't come back positive.

7 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Has nothing to do with playing indoors.

Everything is a factor, and they all compound.

7 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Yes. I have watched every game. They are playing a modified regular season. Are we arguing semantics here? They're not playing quite the amount of teams or games, but this is still a much bigger headache than simply holding a playoff tournament.

Honestly for being down 5 guys (I'm not counting braun, addition by subtraction there) not a bad game. Yea 0 for 5 on the PP, but pretty sure I saw both andreoff and NAK on the PP at one point. Hart was solid, but it was the rangers.

After a week off and only two practice (only one for some of them) getting a point isn't bad. Outdoor game is gonna suck though. If they win it'll be because Hart pitches a shutout

• Like 1

Today is gonna be a bloodbath 

We're gonna have 2 defensemen playing wing (Morin/Friedman) and missing 5 forwards (G, Voracek, TK, Laughton, Lindblom)

I mean they barely lost the last two Boston games without coots, they absolutely can beat them with a full roster. But yea a game missing 5 starting forwards there isn't much to expect 

I’m just here for the view. This location is phenomenal! Anything on top of that tonight is gravy 

• Like 1

I would love if the did something like this every season, aside from the stadium series. Have a couple stadium series games but have one of these games at an awesome venue with great views and no fans

Well that was fast. Beautiful setting, terrible team. We might get lucky to have 2 shots this period

Not a good start.  Amazing view, but the contrast of light and shadows on the ice could be problematic for the players, especially the goalies.  

1 minute ago, RoadToHell said:

Well that was fast. Beautiful setting, terrible team. We might get lucky to have 2 shots this period

Lmfao they're missing 5 forwards you smoothbrain

As short handed as they are, the Flyers are cycling pretty well right now. Getting a few good looks

3 minutes ago, devpool said:

Lmfao they're missing 5 forwards you smoothbrain

That’s what I mean smart guy. It’s a shame with this damn virus we can’t have all the boys on the Ice to really enjoy it.

Farabee on the spot for the goal.  Sloppy ice might help the Flyers.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It’s not like they were playing that great before.  I’m still amazed this team has the record they do.  It is not a very good team.  Not yet. 

They're a very undisciplined team but in no way are they a terrible team. Terrible teams have little to no talent and bad coaching. This team has neither of those

5 minutes ago, devpool said:

They're a very undisciplined team but in no way are they a terrible team. Terrible teams have little to no talent and bad coaching. This team has neither of those

I think the two things that holding the flyers back right now are they need to trade fir another top two pairing defenseman. Niskanen wasn’t good in the bubble but he was actually good up until the stoppage. Not elite but good as it solidified the top 4 defensemen. You get that i think hart begins to look better as well.  I also think they need guys like coots and G to start scouring goals. You need your "stars” to play like stars when they get to the postseason and against better teams. I understand coots got injured and missed time and G isn’t out there right now. But they need those two to score goals cause the secondary and tertiary scoring is fine. The fact with the bubble and so far this season Giroux has 2 goals is not good enough.