Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He has 1 goal in 13 games. That’s a pace for 4 goals this season with the 56 game slate. I never said they were better or worse with him. However you might not care but I’m sorry a guy making 8.3 mil should score more than 4 goals in a season. He’s on pace to have his lowest goal total in his career which includes a 42 game season where he got 9. He is also on pace for just 75 shots on goal which in a 82 game season would be 113.5 which is far below what he was doing the last 3-4 years. He’s on pace for just under 40 assists but really it’s less cause he’s missing these games. 

Again, the contract has been discussed over and over again. There's nothing that can be done about it, obviously you want your higher paid players to play at that level but he's older and slower and as stated often gives up good opportunities looking for a perfect pass. We probably aren't going to get another 8.3 million dollar worthy season out of him the next two years. 

If he scores at this pace all season he'll have 44 points in 56 games for .78/game. Not $8.3 million numbers but not terrible

5 minutes ago, devpool said:

Again, the contract has been discussed over and over again. There's nothing that can be done about it, obviously you want your higher paid players to play at that level but he's older and slower and as stated often gives up good opportunities looking for a perfect pass. We probably aren't going to get another 8.3 million dollar worthy season out of him the next two years. 

If he scores at this pace all season he'll have 44 points in 56 games for .78/game. Not $8.3 million numbers but not terrible

Giroux normal pace 22 goals 

giroux on pace if 82 games 8 goals 

giroux average shots last 5 years roughly 212 shots per season

giroux average shots this year for 82 game pace 113.5

That’s a problem. You can deny or make up excuses but that’s a problem. Your secondary and tertiary scoring can only take you so far. 

• Like 2

And that should be the game.  Don't see us outscoring them by 3 goals the rest of the game to at least force OT.  Two quick goals like that late in the 2nd is a bit of gut punch.

Well, scenery can only do so much.  See y’all next time.

Just now, Green_Guinness said:

And that should be the game.  Don't see us outscoring them by 3 4 goals the rest of the game to at least force OT.  Two quick goals like that late in the 2nd is a bit of gut punch.

Hart hasn't been very good this year. Awful this game. I get the d is leaky but man, can he come up with a big save once in a while? I know he is still young and will hope he gets better, but not a good showing for him tonight. 

• Like 2

Just now, vsptroops said:

Hart hasn't been very good this year. Awful this game. I get the d is leaky but man, can he come up with a big save once in a while? I know he is still young and will hope he gets better, but not a good showing for him tonight. 

He’s very young and the older he gets the better he will be. Price and Rask sucked when they first came into the league as well as many other hill of famers when they entered the NHL. There’s light ahead of the tunnel it’s just Philadelphia goalie and we all expect things to change right now

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Giroux normal pace 22 goals 

giroux on pace if 82 games 8 goals 

giroux average shots last 5 years roughly 200 shots

giroux average shots this year for 82 game pace 113. 

That’s a problem. You can deny or make up excuses but that’s a problem. Your secondary and tertiary scoring can only take you so far.  

What I'm saying is I don't care if he scores goals as long as he is producing assists. That means goals are being scored. If he doesn't score another goal all season but produces 50 assists I would not care one bit. 

3 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

I’m willing to give Hart a pass this year. He had a good playoff, had little off-season, plus some nagging injuries. I’m not saying he shouldn’t be developing or that his play is not disappointing but this is such a weird season for guy in his second year. I still have high hopes for him. 

• Like 1

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  But there’s been plenty of great young goalies to not flourish in the NHL.  Not sure how everyone is certain it’s a given that he’ll be good to great.  

Only time will tell. When he’s about 24-25 then we can talk about it. NHL is a growing process just have to wait and see. He’s got the potential it’s just a learning process for him and he is gonna learn 

4 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I’m willing to give Hart a pass this year. He had a good playoff, had little off-season, plus some nagging injuries. I’m not saying he shouldn’t be developing but this is such a weird season for guy in his second year. I still have high hopes for him. 

Yeah, I guess. Again, I'm not giving up on him. Just wished I could have seen a little more from him, especially tonight against those scumbag Bruins. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, devpool said:

What I'm saying is I don't care if he scores goals as long as he is producing assists. That means goals are being scored. If he doesn't score another goal all season but produces 50 assists I would not care one bit. 

at some point in time teams are going to adjust scouting that he’s not scoring goals and he’s not even looking to score goals as he’s not looking to even shoot the puck. As he’s on his worst pace in years in shooting. Especially in the playoffs they’ll make that adjustment. You don’t think that will happen? 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

at some point in time teams are going to adjust scouting that he’s not scoring goals and he’s not even looking to score goals as he’s not looking to even shoot the puck. Especially in the playoffs they’ll make that adjustment. You don’t think that will happen? 

I don't think he's going to shoot at this low pace for the entire season. By season's end his shots per game are probably going to look similar to his other years. This has been his style of play his entire career, he looks to pass far more often than he looks to shoot which is why he's only scored more than 30 once but has 50+ assists in 5 seasons 

4 minutes ago, devpool said:

I don't think he's going to shoot at this low pace for the entire season. By season's end his shots per game are probably going to look similar to his other years. This has been his style of play his entire career, he looks to pass for more often than he looks to shoot which is why he's only scored more than 30 once but has 50+ assists in 5 seasons 

Again his current pace is what it is. So when I say he needs to get that going on goals and shooting that is a true statement based off what he’s doing right now. There’s no one saying he can’t continue to have assists and score goals and shoot the puck.  At the end of the year it might be different. However at this particular point in time he needs to get going shooting and goal wise cause he’s well below his normal pace. 

Do we think Hart is going to not talk to V for weeks now and then demand a trade because he was pulled?

• Like 1

From 08-09 through last season G averaged 2.62 shots/game.  This season he only has 18 shots in 13 GP, less than 1.5 and more than 1 shot/game less than his career average.  And it was only 4 seasons ago that he scored his career high of 34, which is the only time he's ever broke 30 (he also set his career high for As with 68, his highest shooting % of 17.6 and had his 2nd highest FO%).  And that was coming off what was probably his worst season where he only scored 14 goals and had a shooting % barely over 7% (his worst).  He's not a pure goal scorer, but before this season he at least was taking shots on goal.  Starting with last season and going backwards to '13-14 here are his SOG/game:  2.85, 2.79, 2.35, 2.42, 3.09, 3.44 and 2.72. 

Where he could be shooting more is on the PP.  If he played smart and used the extra ice to find space and put himself into position for a good shot on goal he should score more.  He's a seasoned vet and should have the hockey IQ to be able to do that.  But seems he is content to be the PP QB and just pass the puck.  For his career his A to G on the PP is 4 to 1, so passing/playmaking seems to be more in his nature. 

7 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

From 08-09 through last season G averaged 2.62 shots/game.  This season he only has 18 shots in 13 GP, less than 1.5 and more than 1 shot/game less than his career average.  And it was only 4 seasons ago that he scored his career high of 34, which is the only time he's ever broke 30 (he also set his career high for As with 68, his highest shooting % of 17.6 and had his 2nd highest FO%).  And that was coming off what was probably his worst season where he only scored 14 goals and had a shooting % barely over 7% (his worst).  He's not a pure goal scorer, but before this season he at least was taking shots on goal.  Starting with last season and going backwards to '13-14 here are his SOG/game:  2.85, 2.79, 2.35, 2.42, 3.09, 3.44 and 2.72. 

Where he could be shooting more is on the PP.  If he played smart and used the extra ice to find space and put himself into position for a good shot on goal he should score more.  He's a seasoned vet and should have the hockey IQ to be able to do that.  But seems he is content to be the PP QB and just pass the puck.  For his career his A to G on the PP is 4 to 1, so passing/playmaking seems to be more in his nature. 

Thank you for that. that’s my whole point he’s well below his shots and goals averages. So when I say they can use him to get going in that department to be what his norm is that’s true. So when I say they could use Coots coming off his injury to start putting some gold production/shot up and giroux it’s because I expect them to at least be there norm and that would help the Flyers going forward.

Pastrnak owning the Flyers and making them his bish. Another trick. Flyers will be fortunate to win 1 game against this team this year

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Amazing that the local and National media talked Hart up as much as they did.  Maybe they didn’t know he was only 22.  

Should give Elliott a few games.  See what he can do.  

Have you heard at what age are we allowed to criticize hart?