Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

They have some good young talent.  But coaching is starting to become a concern.  You can’t continuously have the same issues, even from last year in the playoffs, with no improvement. PK, PP, forecheck, defensive zone control.   

And I know this will be an unpopular opinion   But Carter Hart is severely overrated.  Decent goalie.  

Lol must be overrated by everyone in the hockey world, he's always talked about as being a rising star. He isn't perfect now, but if you can't get excited about his future that's your own problem. 

Idk why I even try to discuss it anymore, every game someone brings it up. 22 years old man, just enjoy the fact we have a guy who doesn't absolutely suck and is only going to get better. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think the two things that holding the flyers back right now are they need to trade fir another top two pairing defenseman. Niskanen wasn’t good in the bubble but he was actually good up until the stoppage. Not elite but good as it solidified the top 4 defensemen. You get that i think hart begins to look better as well.  I also think they need guys like coots and G to start scouring goals. You need your "stars” to play like stars when they get to the postseason and against better teams. I understand coots got injured and missed time and G isn’t out there right now. But they need those two to score goals cause the secondary and tertiary scoring is fine. The fact with the bubble and so far this season Giroux has 2 goals is not good enough. 

G is like 3rd on the team in scoring this season

They are playing tough so far.  Good goal for the lead.  They kept up with the play when it looked like it might have been a lost opportunity.  

5 minutes ago, devpool said:

G is like 3rd on the team in scoring this season

Goals. He has 2 of Them. Assists are nice. However he’s had 2 goals in his last 30 games. I’m not paying G like a star to have 1 goal in 13 games. Star players don’t just get assists. You’re not paying him to just be an assist guy. Let’s face the facts the flyers since entering the bubble have played 29 games he has 2 goals. I’m sorry love he gets assists but 2 goals in his last 29 games doesn’t cut it. Especially if you are going to tell me he’s a star. Show me another player getting paid like he is that has that little of goal production over the same amount of time?

Then don’t reply Mr Hockey.  I don’t need you to tell me our goalie history or what I should "be happy” about.  The guy has been in the league long enough.  Yeah, he’s overrated by others in the hockey world too.  It’s ok to criticize the team you love.  No need for you to get all pissy about it.  Once he develops into a better than avg goalie, I’ll get excited.  Until then, I guess we all should lower our bar because of the past 40 years of goalies in Philly.  Hence the reason he’s overrated.  

Keep crying about the kid every game, why even watch the games if all you do is **** about the team. What a miserable sports experience you give yourself 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

STFU you pissant.   I’ve been around these boards a hell of lot longer than you.   So suck it.  Bish 

Yep.  That’s our great goalie for ya.  

Who cares how long you've been on these boards? Is that supposed to mean something? Congrats buddy on your long tenure on a sports message board

And I knew right when they scored you'd have some smart ass comment about Hart. You're the guy who pretty much roots for players you don't like to fail so you can say I told you so, you do it with the Eagles too. 

• Like 1

Be careful.  I’m sure he has a Giroux poster on his parents basement wall.  You’re not allowed to say anything negative about a Flyer.  

It wasn’t even negative. They need him to start scoring goals. He’s not just getting paid for assists. They also need the goal production. You can’t have your star player scoring 2 goals in 29 games. I think he’d be the first to say that. 

24 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Goals. He has 2 of Them. Assists are nice. However he’s had 2 goals in his last 30 games. I’m not paying G like a star to have 1 goal in 13 games. Star players don’t just get assists. You’re not paying him to just be an assist guy. Let’s face the facts the flyers since entering the bubble have played 29 games he has 2 goals. I’m sorry love he gets assists but 2 goals in his last 29 games doesn’t cut it. Especially if you are going to tell me he’s a star. Show me another player getting paid like he is that has that little of goal production over the same amount of time?

He's contributing to goals, they're scoring goals while he's on the ice why does it matter if he is the one scoring them? If he had 60 assists and 20 goals (which is basically his entire career) why does it matter? He's not a goal scorer, never has been. He's a playmaker 

That’s just it.  He’s no longer their star player.  I would trade him for a good young goalie or defensemen in a heartbeat.  Time to move on.  

I would consider it but i think at his age with his contract you’re gonna have trouble moving him. I think the time to do it if that was gonna happen was a couple seasons ago. At this point he’s likely here til his contract expires. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It wasn’t even negative. They need him to start scoring goals. He’s not just getting paid for assists. They also need the goal production. You can’t have your star player scoring 2 goals in 29 games. I think he’d be the first to say that. 

I remember G when he was a shoot first type of player and had a helluva snipe. Way back in 2013-2014 watching his highlights you can see his aggressiveness. Now it’s like he’s afraid to put shots on net and immediately dishes the bisky any chance he can get. I’d like to see him be at least 30% of what he used to be on O than what we are used to now. But I don’t see a change happening because this is who he is now

5 minutes ago, devpool said:

He's contributing to goals, they're scoring goals while he's on the ice why does it matter if he is the one scoring them? If he had 60 assists and 20 goals (which is basically his entire career) why does it matter? He's not a goal scorer, never has been. He's a playmaker 

He has 2 goals in his last 30 games. Anyway you slice it that’s on pace for 8 goals in 82 games. His assists are nice. However he’s on pace currently this season for 4 goals at his current pace. You think that’s worthy of what he’s getting paid? 

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You know nothing about me you f-ing fool.  LOL.  It’s cute you think you know what I talk about in the blog.  Maybe you stalk and not say ish and just criticize what other people post.  And please share one example of how I do that with the Eagles.   Just one.  I criticize players and coaches and Howie.  But I don’t root for them to lose, you ****.  Never once.  

You got all defensive with the other guy in here talking about the Flyers being terrible.  You jumped all over him.  I simply say Hart is overrated and you got all pissy with me.  Maybe you should STFU and ignore other posters who say things that offend you so much.  Or maybe you should grow the F up.  I’m sorry. I have higher expectations of the great Carter Hart then being ranked #30 in the NHL in save %.  Yeah, that’s the epitome of overrated.  But hey, Elliott is in the top 10.  

Lmao you do it all the time, you've admitted on the old boards how much you love being right no matter how ridiculously wrong you are in this same thread. So yeah, you wanting to be right so badly means you're rooting for these players to fail.

Maybe you should learn wtf you're talking about before you complain about the team for the billionth Fing time. Throw some blind stats out there and show you haven't been paying attention to a single game. The guy has played fine this season behind a disaster of a defense. But hey he's proving you right so I bet you're happy! 

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It’s nice to see a simplified, workman’s like approach.  Refreshing from the dazzling passing drills Voracek and Giroux like to put on.  

Nothing wrong with a straightforward approached, especially when you're shorthanded from a personnel standpoint.  Sometimes just putting pucks on goal and crashing the net is the good play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He has 2 goals in his last 30 games. Anyway you slice it that’s on pace for 8 goals in 82 games. His assists are nice. However he’s on pace currently this season for 4 goals at his current pace. You think that’s worthy of what he’s getting paid? 

What's the pace for assists? I don't care about who is scoring goals as long as they're being scored. In the bubble that was a problem. This season it's been a little better. Giroux could score 3 goals but if he had 70 assists I don't care. That means pucks are going into the net. He's not the best player on the team anymore and yea it sucks he's getting paid to be but the guy is one of the top scorers on the team every year. Without him this team is way worse

It’s nice you know so much about me.  I have no clue who the F you are.  Again, you’re dead wrong that I root for players to suck.  You just come off as a sensitive little girl.  Because someone said something bad about your team.  

Oh yeah.  Save % is a blind stat.  :wacko:😂   It’s probably the most purposeful stat for a goalie.  GAA could be a blind stat.  Especially with a poor defense.  Save %.  Not at all.   Go get another binky.   

Lol you can just say you don't pay attention to the games, it's ok.

And yea save % is a blind stat. No stat tells a complete story.. Tell me what was Hart able to do on the first goal? If he sees 30 shots in a game (which he has in almost every start) and they score 4 goals like that guess what, his save % is .866 and yet didn't have a chance on any goal. He let's in bad goals like every goalie does and he is a terrible puck handler, but he doesn't get a reputation around the league for being a young star by being as bad as you think he is

Just now, devpool said:

What's the pace for assists? I don't care about who is scoring goals as long as they're being scored. In the bubble that was a problem. This season it's been a little better. Giroux could score 3 goals but if he had 70 assists I don't care. That means pucks are going into the net. He's not the best player on the team anymore and yea it sucks he's getting paid to be but the guy is one of the top scorers on the team every year. Without him this team is way worse

I understand what you're saying, a goal is a goal no matter who scores it.  My POV is that it's not just about the stats (Gs and As), but playing the game the right way and making the right play in a situation.  It does seem that G (and Jake) pass more often than they should when they do have a shot to take.  When you have a good look at goal you should take the shot.  It's the right play.  Maybe you don't score, but it could lead to a rebound and a goal.  Where they make the extra pass and more times than not it seems the opportunity for even a shot is lost so there's no positive outcome.  If they're making the extra pass and getting positive results from it the majority of the time then fine, but I don't think that's the case here.  I think both of them could be better and help the team more if they simplified their game and stopped trying to make the perfect pass and passing up on a good shot on goal.

14 minutes ago, devpool said:

He has 1 goal in 13 games. That’s a pace for 4 goals this season with the 56 game slate. I never said they were better or worse with him. However you might not care but I’m sorry a guy making 8.3 mil should score more than 4 goals in a season. He’s on pace to have his lowest goal total in his career which includes a 42 game season where he got 9. He is also on pace for just 75 shots on goal which in a 82 game season would be 113.5 which is far below what he was doing the last 3-4 years. He’s on pace for just under 40 assists but really it’s less cause he’s missing these games. 

you know as well as i do secondary and tertiary scoring in the playoffs can only take you so far. They need coots, G and even konency to score goals. Every cup winner has their big plays wrs scoring goals and getting assists to win a cup. 

5 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

I understand what you're saying, a goal is a goal no matter who scores it.  My POV is that it's not just about the stats (Gs and As), but playing the game the right way and making the right play in a situation.  It does seem that G (and Jake) pass more often than they should when they do have a shot to take.  When you have a good look at goal you should take the shot.  It's the right play.  Maybe you don't score, but it could lead to a rebound and a goal.  Where they make the extra pass and more times than not it seems the opportunity for even a shot is lost so there's no positive outcome.  If they're making the extra pass and getting positive results from it the majority of the time then fine, but I don't think that's the case here.  I think both of them could be better and help the team more if they simplified their game and stopped trying to make the perfect pass and passing up on a good shot on goal.

This is a better complaint about he and jake, they look to pass too much. But complaining about the amount of goals scored for a guy who was never known for goal scoring is weird

4 minutes ago, devpool said:

This is a better complaint about he and jake, they look to pass too much. But complaining about the amount of goals scored for a guy who was never known for goal scoring is weird

Yes cause he’s always on pace to score 4 goals in a season. Would be the lowest total in his career. If it were a 82 games that’s 8 goals. Which his average is 22. So 14 goals below his average. So yes i think talking about him scoring goals might be important as he’s well below his normal pace. And he hasn’t been shooting the puck either. He’s averaging below 1 1/2 shots per game and if this was over an 82 game season 113 shots. Which is far below his normal over the last 4 to 5 years