Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

10 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Again his current pace is what it is. So when I say he needs to get that going on goals and shooting that is a true statement based off what he’s doing right now. There’s no one saying he can’t continue to have assists and score goals and shoot the puck.  At the end of the year it might be different. However at this particular point in time he needs to get going shooting and goal wise cause he’s well below his normal pace. 

especially when you are playing a trap style team and a great goalie, you are not going to pass and grit and grind for goals, it's too predictable and too easy even against tampa last year. they are just going to clog the middle and take the puck away from giroux, he needs to shoot actually everyone needs to shoot more otherwise it's open season on our d and goalies.

Guaranteed that 4for4 post is about me lmao still crying from the ignore list 

Complain all you want Joe, not a soul in here thinks Hart is perfect but if you want to argue he's a below average bum too feel free to be completely wrong 

33 minutes ago, devpool said:

Guaranteed that 4for4 post is about me lmao still crying from the ignore list 

Complain all you want Joe, not a soul in here thinks Hart is perfect but if you want to argue he's a below average bum too feel free to be completely wrong 

As of right now he is below average

• Like 1

They’re rumors that Eichel wants out and buffalo might be willing to trade him. I think the asking price would be ridiculous so i doubt the flyers get involved

Lost Friedman on waivers to the Pens and Hexy. They should have dumped Gus, Hagg or Prosser instead. Bad asset management by Fletcher and AV. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Elliot the number one goalie now?

Lol no. He wasn't great the other night against a bad rangers team. He rebounded well today against a bad Sabres team and behind a great defensive effort, most of the Sabres shots came in the latter half of the 3rd.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, devpool said:

Lol no. He wasn't great the other night against a bad rangers team. He rebounded well today against a bad Sabres team and behind a great defensive effort, most of the Sabres shots came in the latter half of the 3rd.

I agree he is not great but he is better than hart right now

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Elliot the number one goalie now?

Elliott has proven in the past couple of years that when he is tasked with being the #1, he has some sort of soft tissue injury after so many games. Hopefully Hart can figure it out. 

• Like 1

Mattias Ekholm, who I would consider a top pair defensemen, is available.  He is 30 years old and is signed though next year.  Would you be willing to trade TK, plus a young prospect and pick for him?  It would make us serious contenders for the next couple years.  You hope Frost comes back next year and can fill TK's void.  I think we have enough scoring without TK but we need serious help on defense.

18 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

I agree he is not great but he is better than hart right now

He's also older, we don't know the impact of riding him for an extended period of time

On 2/28/2021 at 11:34 AM, Khani1 said:

Mattias Ekholm, who I would consider a top pair defensemen, is available.  He is 30 years old and is signed though next year.  Would you be willing to trade TK, plus a young prospect and pick for him?  It would make us serious contenders for the next couple years.  You hope Frost comes back next year and can fill TK's void.  I think we have enough scoring without TK but we need serious help on defense.

So listening to Jason myrtetus yesterday he made a great point about ekholm. He isn’t exactly a perfect fit because he’s a left-handed shot. Which I think that could be fine anyways I don’t think that’s a deterrent for me making that move. 

The issue was more about the upcoming expansion draft at the end of this upcoming season   If you make the trade  to get him next off-season there’s the expansion draft with Seattle. You can only hold three defensemen. So that means you would have to either use one on him and allow one of provy, Meyers or sanheim to be exposed in the expansion draft and they would likely get selected because they are young and good defenseman. Or you expose him and hold the three young guys. So if you make that trade which is probably gonna cost you then you also likely get dinged again by the expansion draft. Now you could say to Seattle will give you a second round pick to not take one of those guys from us but then you’re giving up more capital then what you did in just that trade just to keep all of them and still lose a guy off your roster that seattle takes. 

• Like 1

Joining late, how we looking tonight?

14 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Joining late, how we looking tonight?

Really good. They've found their shooting spirits the last couple games. Hart has made two or three really good saves right now

Damn, Coots had either Farabee or JVR open to slam the puck into the net there.  Either one was in position to score, though Farabee had more net to shoot at.

And shite!  They let the Pens get it right back.