Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

18 minutes ago, devpool said:

It 100% is about being negative, because being realistic means you actually realize the team is talented and they're currently missing their best player(Selke winner), a good young center, and one of their best d men has been in and out. You know what happens when a team's best player is out? Generally don't look great. Especially when that player is an all-situation defensive machine capable of killing an opponents top players.

You all love to talk about G and jake not showing up when they are second on the team in points right now behind JvR who is playing like a man possessed. They are not flashy players, they never have been. Without them on this team the last few years we would be a Chicago level team, absolutely putrid. 

You're asking what has ghost done in his games back? Are you high? Have you watched a single game this season? Ghost has stabilized the top 4. Last game was rough for both him and provorov, which of course will be the only thing you bring up since it just happened.

Take your "realistic" outlook and cram it. Yeah, it sucks they dropped two winnable games to the second best team in the league. No, it doesn't mean the team is terrible. Anyway that's the last rant since this is all we see after losses, just don't hop back on when the team finds their footing and starts playing well.

wow, when you dont answer simple questions and just throw nasty comments at me, it really shows your bias for players in a personal way and not when it comes to hockey because you didnt seem to care when the flyers didnt a win playoff series in 11 years when it was the same team especially when they didnt win a playoff series in the previous years, your response to jake and giroux not showing up in those playoff games, yeah whatever as long as they are here, that's all that matters to me, that's your attitude with losing to bruins, yeah they are blameless, they are greatest passers not goal scorers in the world. like i said, you are not flyers fan, you are a players fan.

8 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

wow, when you dont answer simple questions and just throw nasty comments at me, it really shows your bias for players in a personal way and not when it comes to hockey because you didnt seem to care when the flyers didnt a win playoff series in 11 years when it was the same team especially when they didnt win a playoff series in the previous years, your response to jake and giroux not showing up in those playoff games, yeah whatever as long as they are here, that's all that matters to me, that's your attitude with losing to bruins, yeah they are blameless, they are greatest passers not goal scorers in the world. like i said, you are not flyers fan, you are a players fan.

Wahhhhhh they don't score 50 goals a season, they just have a lot of assists!! You're not a flyers fan at all constantly trashing the guys who kept us from being a basement dwelling team. Definitely all their fault too, nothing to do with trash goaltending, defense and coaching we had the last decade. Nothing to do with that. I was a flyers fan before those guys showed up, and I've been a flyers fan while they've sucked, and now that they're good again still have to hear people complaining about the guys leading the team in scoring.

21 minutes ago, devpool said:

Wahhhhhh they don't score 50 goals a season, they just have a lot of assists!! You're not a flyers fan at all constantly trashing the guys who kept us from being a basement dwelling team. Definitely all their fault too, nothing to do with trash goaltending, defense and coaching we had the last decade. Nothing to do with that. I was a flyers fan before those guys showed up, and I've been a flyers fan while they've sucked, and now that they're good again still have to hear people complaining about the guys leading the team in scoring.

well, i got news for you, you are going to hear the bashing on the leadership until they win a cup, you dont like it, there's the door because i want to win cup not kissing players butts, it's almost 46 years since they won a cup, im not waiting anymore, so deal with it.

They really need to get coots back to full strength and fix their PK. It has completely killed them against Boston this year and now Washington. 

Not sure how anyone can have confidence in Hart, yes only 22, at what age should be expect him to be good?

• Like 1

My first chance to watch them this season. Sloppy game and sheety goalie play for both teams. Need to just close this out and get the W. 

Missed the game and glad they won but it seems the Flyers have the Caps number over the past year while Boston has the Flyers number. 

22 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

This PP is an absolute joke.  1 SOG in a 4 min PP and 0 shots on the two other power plays in the game.  It was a major issue last year in the playoffs and it’s just as bad now.  Took them 2 mins to just get into the attack zone.  Who is going to f-ing fix this?!?!?   

Their PK against Boston and Washington hasn’t exactly been stellar either. In those 5 games Boston and the capitals are 8-14 on the Pp. fortunately the caps only got one PP today

Well they won , I assume Elliot is in goal next game

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Missed the game and glad they won but it seems the Flyers have the Caps number over the past year while Boston has the Flyers number. 

Besides the second game they played Boston theyve been competitive in in those games. The issue comes down to their penalty killing in those games has been atrocious for the most part. Boston has seven power-play goals and 13 penalties on the flyers. That’s the difference in the Flyers winning and losing those games except for the second game where they got blasted 6-1. They would have to victories against Boston if they just didn’t get penalties that were dumb and then have a bad penalty-kill

Blacked out on nhl.tv and my vpn was being screwy, but watched the goal highlights and only one Hart didn't have a chance on was the Wilson goal. I think he played the Backstrom one terribly, and I get it was ovechkin scoring the other goals but neither was screened or deflected. Gotta make those saves.

That said, coots comes back and scores 3 points (albeit one was an ENG). So weird how a team can win sloppy games if their best player is playing.

1 hour ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Not sure how anyone can have confidence in Hart, yes only 22, at what age should be expect him to be good?

Do you really have to do this every game, guy? How about you wait til the age every other goalie comes into the league, which is around 24. JFC this is the first time he has had an actually bad game since Buffalo 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Besides the second game they played Boston theyve been competitive in in those games. The issue comes down to their penalty killing in those games has been atrocious for the most part. Boston has seven power-play goals and 13 penalties on the flyers. That’s the difference in the Flyers winning and losing those games except for the second game where they got blasted 6-1. They would have to victories against Boston if they just didn’t get penalties that were dumb and then have a bad penalty-kill

Yeah I get that but I'm tired of being "competitive" with Boston. I'm tired of losing to that team and now that Coots is back, hopefully that will change. Not sure what is going to fix the PP though. That has been a problem since the playoffs. 

42 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Yeah I get that but I'm tired of being "competitive" with Boston. I'm tired of losing to that team and now that Coots is back, hopefully that will change. Not sure what is going to fix the PP though. That has been a problem since the playoffs. 

I don’t know what it is either because you’re right that’s been a problem dating back to the bubble. I think they need an upgrade on the defense as well. That is part of the issues going on with the team trying to get the F out of its own end consistently against Boston. If they had another top pairing I think it makes their defense much better all the way through

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Glad they won.  Their goaltending was worst than ours.   I don’t like our 3rd jerseys, but damn Washington’s looked ridiculous.  Who thought that was a good idea?

I'm assuming those are their reverse retros? What a terrible gimmick by the league, every team's looks like hot garbage except I think Colorado? There are only one or two teams that don't look like complete ass.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, devpool said:

I'm assuming those are their reverse retros? What a terrible gimmick by the league, every team's looks like hot garbage except I think Colorado? There are only one or two teams that don't look like complete ass.

I like the whalers(Carolina), ducks, sharks, nordiques (avs) and Sabres. Really the Rangers, islanders, red wings and oilers isn’t all that much different than their regulars

15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I like the whalers(Carolina), ducks, sharks, nordiques (avs) and Sabres. Really the Rangers, islanders, red wings and oilers isn’t all that much different than their regulars

Trying to live up to your EMB fossil title ? ^_^

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Trying to live up to your EMB fossil title ? ^_^

I wish they would bring the whalers back. I loved when they played brass bonanza

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Game canceled. 

Yup.  PPD due to Giroux and Braun being put in the NHL's COVID protocol. 

And in other NHL news, Hextall is now GM for those stinkin' Pens.

9 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Yup.  PPD due to Giroux and Braun being put in the NHL's COVID protocol. 

And in other NHL news, Hextall is now GM for those stinkin' Pens.

The worst part about hextall going to the penguins is that they were probably going to suck after the crosby/malkin era. Now they'll likely build the next 2-3 years while those two are still there and when they leave they'll have a stable of young prospects ready to replace them. They obviously won't be at crosby/malkin level but the team likely won't be bad.

Too bad hextall hitched his wagon to an idiot. He fires hakstol and he probably still has a job here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, devpool said:

The worst part about hextall going to the penguins is that they were probably going to suck after the crosby/malkin era. Now they'll likely build the next 2-3 years while those two are still there and when they leave they'll have a stable of young prospects ready to replace them. They obviously won't be at crosby/malkin level but the team likely won't be bad.

Too bad hextall hitched his wagon to an idiot. He fires hakstol and he probably still has a job here.

Yeah I’m real worried about the Pens prospects getting overcooked in the minors. 

I think the NHL is going to have a much tougher time this go-around with no bubble, 30 teams playing a regular-season format, and playing through the time of year when people are generally indoors and illnesses are circulating more effectively. I mean, in a normal year, it's typical for a flu outbreak to course through a hockey team, so I could see this getting out of hand quickly.