Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

52 minutes ago, devpool said:

Have to assume they have some deals made that will be announced tomorrow cause that Kraken lineup is absolute dog crap as currently constructed.

I checked it out on ESPN as it showed each player from every team and most of those guys I had no idea who the Hell they were. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

I checked it out on ESPN as it showed each player from every team and most of those guys I had no idea who the Hell they were. 

Vegas must have a bunch of deals lined up. Cause they really have mostly just a bunch of back end of the roster guys not taking up a good amount of the cap. I agree with above. I think they have multiple trades worked out to acquire players and picks 

12 minutes ago, devpool said:

Flyers get nothing but cap space

Yeah looks not as great now cause Sam carchidi made it sound like they got a 2nd and 7th. In reality giving that up 

20 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Which allows another move or 2.

Interested to see what the next one is, my guess is if they don't trade #13 overall they aren't going to make any other big moves so hopefully before the draft they'll have done something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah looks not as great now cause Sam carchidi made it sound like they got a 2nd and 7th. In reality giving that up 

My first thought when I saw that the Flyers would be getting two picks for him was, "Well, that other team is just dumb because they could have had him last year for absolutely nothing when he was waived". 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

My first thought when I saw that the Flyers would be getting two picks for him was, "Well, that other team is just dumb because they could have had him last year for absolutely nothing when he was waived". 

I was really hoping Arizona was dumb. Lol 

12 hours ago, Green Dog said:

Gdammit I hate to see Myers go...

Eh super inconsistent. Obviously has all the physical tools but they wanted a complete d man in ellis. I loved myers but + skating only gets you so far as a d man

• Like 1

Feels like they overpaid tbh 

Honestly this trade looks worse and worse when you look at the analytics of it. Plus ristolainen is a FA at the end of this upcoming season so you have to extend him when he’s really not been that good for the Sabres. 

I like, don’t love, Rasmus as a player. He’ll be a solid addition to the second pairing and physical player. But IMO that’s a serious overpay. Hagg the 13th and a 2nd next year. Ooof. 

On 7/21/2021 at 10:28 PM, devpool said:

Have to assume they have some deals made that will be announced tomorrow cause that Kraken lineup is absolute dog crap as currently constructed.

Read the GM is former Hurricanes GM and he is ultra conservative with moves. 

This actually made me really lol

Maybe Fletcher trying to get himself fired

Yea I don't like this trade at all. Ristolainen is not worth #13 in any universe. Let alone #13 AND a second. Terrible trade

6 minutes ago, devpool said:

Yea I don't like this trade at all. Ristolainen is not worth #13 in any universe. Let alone #13 AND a second. Terrible trade

God help us if they give ristolainen and extension like they did with Macdonald 

Im reading the Sabres board and they are saying he isn’t good and they have been trying to get rid of him for some time now. Some said if he has a defensive defensemen on his line, he is adequate. Not sure if Sanhiem is that guy. 

8 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Im reading the Sabres board and they are saying he isn’t good and they have been trying to get rid of him for some time now. Some said if he has a defensive defensemen on his line, he is adequate. Not sure if Sanhiem is that guy. 

The analytics showed he was awful as a top pairing. Now some of that might just be buffalo but he was not good. Flyers are going to play him less mins in the second pairing with sanheim but feels it’s a dumb gamble either way and not worth what they paid. Should’ve just kept ghost for what they’ve given up to get him. The irritating narrative is he’s physical and the Flyers weren’t whatsoever and he provides that. So if he sucks in his skating and puck decisions but he’s physical how does that remotely help. This isn’t 1970 anymore. Yes we needed to be more physical but physical that actually can do other things at a high level. 

• Like 2