Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

1 hour ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I'm not picking information out, just going with my gut instinct. They're all pretty professional, so no one has said anything. but I think Patrick's trade request speaks volumes.

There is no trade request. That writer literally only said he "could see Patrick requesting a trade". That's it. And that is based on nothing also, just the writer throwing ish against the wall

13 minutes ago, devpool said:

There is no trade request. That writer literally only said he "could see Patrick requesting a trade". That's it. And that is based on nothing also, just the writer throwing ish against the wall

Modern reporting at its finest.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Modern reporting at its finest.

Why write anything of substance when you can just make a bunch of guesses and see which ones hit? Journalism these days, especially sports journalism, sucks (for the most part)

• Like 2

Is comcast the official owners of this garbage?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Is comcast the official owners of this garbage?

Yup. I think half of the fanbase doesn't even realize this.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lottery is tonight. We should be picking 14th, we have a 1.8% chance to get first overall and 2% chance to get second overall. We had 2.4% chance the year we got patrick

I don't think there are any can't-miss prospects like McDavid this year.  Are there?

13 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

I don't think there are any can't-miss prospects like McDavid this year.  Are there?

Nope. No super cant miss high end talent in this draft.

On 6/5/2021 at 3:10 AM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don't think they would be able to afford it cap wise. They easily have attractive trade pieces but by the end of 21-22 season we will need to have signed (or traded) g, coots, Patrick, sanheim, Hart (will be cheap bridge deal), frost, farabee, laczysnki, Allison, a backup goalie and a bunch of AHLers. 

So I think G is gone after this season, whether by trade or FA. His cap hit will like be taken over by coots. Patrick could be gone? Who knows what the org is gonna do there. Sanheim or myers would probably have to be included in the jones deal. Frost/farabee will get bridges, the rest will probably be cheaper ~1mil deals for those playing in the NHL laczysnki/allison) and the standard sub 1 mil for the AHLers. Of course we also have the expansion draft where we can only hope seattle takes Jake or JvR. I don't want the flyers to get trade graped like teams were getting when Vegas drafted, so I don't want them to send any picks to get seattle to take one of them.

A Jones contract, which will probably be ~8mil, may not hurt them in the first couple years but he is young and could want a 6-7 year deal. So when the bridge contracts expire and those guys need to actually get paid it might put us in a crunch assuming they don't all flop. It would be awesome if jones only wanted say a 4-5 year deal at ~8mil to take him to 30-31 years old where he can cash on again, we may be able to afford that especially if they don't give him an NMC (but I'm assuming he will want one).

We get jones and this season you have 

Provy-Jones

Sanheim/Myers-Braun/York

York/Zamula/Morin/Hagg/Braun

Assuming they finally get rid of ghost this offseason and they lose one of myers/sanheim in the jones trade. If they can clear JvR or Jake's contract i think going for Jones is a no brainer. But I don't want them to make the trade and then we're Fed in a few years when the young kids need to get paid 

5 hours ago, Bill said:

How does Lapy keep getting work?

Apparently taking a puck to the face incurs a forever debt. I really have no idea what the org sees in his coaching, the guy led the league's worst PK for years

5 hours ago, Bill said:

How does Lapy keep getting work?

Because the organization is Fed top to bottom

Gotta believe the Flyers would be interested

Flyers will definitely be interested. Have to imagine Fletch was not happy they took a step back this year and will be looking to make a move.

Apparently Flyers aren’t in on dougie but looking elsewhere. If they pull another stupid ass Gus signing like it’s the solution just fire fletcher now

Lindblom deservedly won the Masterson Trophy last night, which is the basic equivalent of "comeback player of the year" for the NFL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, devpool said:

Lindblom deservedly won the Masterson Trophy last night, which is the basic equivalent of "comeback player of the year" for the NFL

Well deserved. Incredible story.

Lindblom wasn’t himself last season, understandably so. Hopefully with a full offseason, he can get back to where he was in 2019.

5 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Well deserved. Incredible story.

Lindblom wasn’t himself last season, understandably so. Hopefully with a full offseason, he can get back to where he was in 2019.

Yea, pretty clear the schedule had a way greater effect on him since he had almost no time to recover between games. I'm confident he can return to form. 

Kind of feels like an overlay when farabee is put in there. I’d try to put in Patrick tbh but his value stinks right now. But 2 high picks, a prospect, myers and farabee or tk sounds extremely rich especially since jones was ok but not great last year as he had a -18 and had his issues 

C8246A78-E303-48F0-A276-52C886FCEA07.jpeg

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Kind of feels like an overlay when farabee is put in there. I’d try to put in Patrick tbh but his value stinks right now. But 2 high picks, a prospect, myers and farabee or tk sounds extremely rich especially since jones was ok but not great last year as he had a -18 and had his issues 

C8246A78-E303-48F0-A276-52C886FCEA07.jpeg

If we gotta give up TK or Farabee, go all in and add more and get Laine and Jones. 

6 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

If we gotta give up TK or Farabee, go all in and add more and get Laine and Jones. 

There’s been rumors the Flyers are in on eichel too. Im not willing to give up farabee or TK in a jones deal. Jones needs an extension and he wants out of Columbus. I much rather give up Patrick, Myers, 2 firsts and frost before giving up farabee and TK. That’s still a high price to pay for jones.