Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

Phil Myers and Nolan Patrick traded to Nashville for Ryan Ellis. Patrick then flipped by Nashville to Vegas.

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Damn, still has 6 more years on that contract plus he has injury concerns. Hopefully the risk is worth it. Lord knows they needed a top line dman. Only had to give up Patrick and Myers so not too bad. 

This definitely has the feeling of a side deal to Seattle to take Jake or jvr, myers and Patrick with no picks for Ellis seems a little favorable for the flyers

11 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Damn, still has 6 more years on that contract plus he has injury concerns. Hopefully the risk is worth it. Lord knows they needed a top line dman. Only had to give up Patrick and Myers so not too bad. 

I don’t mind giving up Myers and Patrick but it’s concerning he has injury concerns and 6 years left on that deal. The last 4 years Hes played 44, 82, 49 (every team played at least 69 games before the stoppage) and 35 games. Plus hes 30 with 6 years left on his deal.

I understand why the Flyers did it especially after jones said he wasn’t going to sign a contract if they made the trade. Frankly I’m not sure what Columbus was asking for for jones. I can’t imagine with jones saying he’s not signing with any team he’s traded to helps their cause and kills the value. 

i like Ellis. Just stinks we couldn’t get jones cause I’d prefer him over Ellis deeper into Ellis contract and with some durability concerns to Ellis. 

If ellis can stay healthy this trade was highway robbery. An inconsistent but promising top 4 defenseman and a 3C with a mysterious migraine issue. I think myers will turn out to be good but I don't think patrick will ever live up to his draft status.

I agree on Patrick. Frankly i don’t think he was coming back after next season even if he played well. It felt like he wanted out of Philly based on some things ive read in the athletic and quotes of his. 

i don’t really mind what they gave up but i don’t trust Ellis to stay healthy. 3 of the last 4 years Hes failed to play in 75 percent of his teams games and 2 of 4 less than 65% of the games. I’m hoping he does stay healthy. 

jason Myretus on his podcast made an interesting point since no picks left this that there might be another deal coming that includes a prospect and 13th pick 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Did that Vorachek for Tarasenko trade rumor die down?

4 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Did that Vorachek for Tarasenko trade rumor die down?

Meltzer talked about it a couple days ago. Seattle could take tarasenko now that he’s unprotected in the expansion draft. However he might also not want to be there either. Meltzer discussed the voracek for tarasenko. I do wonder if the kraken would take him and then attempt to deal him. I could see them doing that. Maybe they’d draft NAK from the Flyers the do a tarasenko for voracek and picks. I’m guessing probably would have to be discussed prior to the expansion draft. Still seems rather unlikely 

• Like 1

I just heard about this from a friend, and without really doing any homework, I think this is a good trade. I think Patrick was a sunk cost by this point. At the very least, I see injuries catching up to him at some point in the near future. It's good to get something of value for him. Ellis is a respected defenceman, and 30 isn't too old for that position. My initial reaction is to *gulp* give Fletcher credit here.

Lmao they photoshopped Nolan Patrick 

• Haha 1

In terms of short term potential, this was a slam dunk for the Flyers. I do worry about his viability 2-3 years from now though and the cap ramifications. But overall I feel more positive about this deal than negative.

• Like 1

This is a big brain move by Fletcher. Protecting NAK gives Seattle one less cheap viable option and should drive the price of any sweetener down because otherwise they're taking hagg (who sucks) or braun (at the end of his career). With this list I have to think if they don't take one of the big contracts they'll take braun unless they are actively trying to suck by selecting hagg, he's old but at least serviceable 

NAK was terrible last year, but so was the rest of the team so I could see the appeal for a team to take a young high energy guy. That option is gone now. 

• Like 1

Kind of feels like the Flyers are trying to set themselves up for another big time move with potentially getting JVR, voracek or ghost off the books. I’ve seen the tarasenko rumor. Also a rumor out there that landeskog and the avs are nowhere close to a deal and he might test FA. However feel like the avs with 25.5 mil of cap space will get it done and maybe they didn’t want to get a deal done until after the expansion draft so they didn’t have to hold him and use the spot on someone else. I don’t see the kraken taking landeskog knowing he will just get to FA a couple days later and likely leave 

Regarding tarasenko, idk if it would be wise to bring in 2 players with injury issues regardless of how good tarasenko is when healthy. 

https://www.letsgoflyers.net/articles/report-flyers-closing-in-on-voracek-tarasenko-trad/?fbclid=IwAR3f-8_iEZd3uQcArD9vjgZd6KdmnUYjQk2Qb4BF_JE2oX8Th2HnTFa2_vk

According to Anthony SanFilippo, the Flyers are closing in on a three way deal with the St. Louis Blues and Seattle Kraken. 

In the deal that would involve an expansion draft selection, the Flyers would end up with Vladimir Tarasenko while losing Jakub Voracek and Robert Haag. 

• The Kraken will select Vladimir Tarasenko from the St. Louis Blues in the expansion draft.
  • Seattle will then trade Tarasenko to the Flyers for Voracek and a draft pick. I’m told it’s not the first rounder either. So, let’s say a 2 or a 3.
  • The Kraken then select Robert Hägg from the Flyers in the expansion draft.

Voracek and a 2nd for Tarasenko is good by me. 

Have to assume they have some deals made that will be announced tomorrow cause that Kraken lineup is absolute dog crap as currently constructed.

• Like 1