April 30Apr 30 Flyers win a series over the Pens in the playoffs as a young team- valuable experience- ESPECIALLY the pressure they experienced in game 6 and extra pressure of going intoOT to win it. You can't teach that- the team has to experience it, and they did. Congrats,especially to you young guys.
April 30Apr 30 This senior citizen actually fell asleep between 2nd and 3rd periods. Woke up at 2 am and the game was replaying we were in OT about the 13 minute mark. It took everything I had to not touch my phone so that I could experience what you all had in real time a few hours earlier. It was glorious! Watched all of post-game since it took a while to calm down. Congrats to the Flyers!Will see 2 former teammates as coaches now.
April 30Apr 30 12 hours ago, mikemack8 said:I’m not gonna pretend to know all the rules but I would think when a dude jabs his stick into another dudes nuts it should probably be a penaltySpoiler
April 30Apr 30 7 hours ago, Diehardfan said:The guy turns the puck over every time he touches it and starts a rush the other way for the opposing team. You are gonna be shocked when he is traded next year. Totally liability with his small size, no length, no strength, and can't skate.
April 30Apr 30 Watch Busty against an actual fast team next series in Carolina (unlike Penguins). He is gonna be so out of place. I bet he get scratched again at some point.
April 30Apr 30 Hopefully, the NHL gives them until Sunday or Monday to rest a bit after that series. First goal is avoid the sweep and hopefully make it to six while picking up more experience for the young guys.
April 30Apr 30 3 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:Carolina is likely to thump them, but its still great experience for kids. They definitely got tight the last few gamesI’m viewing it as an opportunity for the organization to know just how close or far away they are from a true Stanley cup contender.
April 30Apr 30 9 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:Hopefully, the NHL gives them until Sunday or Monday to rest a bit after that series. First goal is avoid the sweep and hopefully make it to six while picking up more experience for the young guys.Possible some of the other matches go 7 then we likely will have til Monday. Gonna miss my local guys calling the games now. JJ was awesome last night. He's been doing this for a long long time.
April 30Apr 30 12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:I’m viewing it as an opportunity for the organization to know just how close or far away they are from a true Stanley cup contender.They aren't too close. When you look at CO or Carolina you see another class. They have flaws and holes to fill but we'll see.
April 30Apr 30 14 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:They aren't too close. When you look at CO or Carolina you see another class. They have flaws and holes to fill but we'll see.I said before the series just watching them the times I did during the season (was only about 25-30 games), they still need a number one defenseman and a number one center. I thought the Penguins series as it went on showed you why they needed a number one defenseman. They have a bunch of number 2 and 3 pairing guys but they really don’t have that number one pairing. They have guys who would be much better off with a no. 1. If they did acquire it then it pushes everyone down and puts them in better spots to succeed. Then again I thought back in 2020 they had that same problem as it’s really hard to acquire that type of guy. The no. 1 center has kind of been talked about for a while. I’m curious if they look to trade for one as there’s not going to be one in FA. Part of me thinks if they could get that guy and he’s relatively young that michkov and the maple Leafs 1st might be pieces in that deal
April 30Apr 30 1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:I said before the series just watching them the times I did during the season (was only about 25-30 games), they still need a number one defenseman and a number one center. I thought the Penguins series as it went on showed you why they needed a number one defenseman. They have a bunch of number 2 and 3 pairing guys but they really don’t have that number one pairing. They have guys who would be much better off with a no. 1. If they did acquire it then it pushes everyone down and puts them in better spots to succeed. Then again I thought back in 2020 they had that same problem as it’s really hard to acquire that type of guy. The no. 1 center has kind of been talked about for a while. I’m curious if they look to trade for one as there’s not going to be one in FA. Part of me thinks if they could get that guy and he’s relatively young that michkov and the maple Leafs 1st might be pieces in that dealYeah FA looks to be a bust. Not sure how they improve both without giving up players they'll need.
April 30Apr 30 7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:I said before the series just watching them the times I did during the season (was only about 25-30 games), they still need a number one defenseman and a number one center. I thought the Penguins series as it went on showed you why they needed a number one defenseman. They have a bunch of number 2 and 3 pairing guys but they really don’t have that number one pairing. They have guys who would be much better off with a no. 1. If they did acquire it then it pushes everyone down and puts them in better spots to succeed. Then again I thought back in 2020 they had that same problem as it’s really hard to acquire that type of guy. The no. 1 center has kind of been talked about for a while. I’m curious if they look to trade for one as there’s not going to be one in FA. Part of me thinks if they could get that guy and he’s relatively young that michkov and the maple Leafs 1st might be pieces in that dealThe number 1 thing they need more than either of the other two things you mentioned (which are the two hardest positions to fill in hockey, #1 center and #1 d-man) is a defensemen who can QB the power play that has a hard shot. You probably get that attribute with a #1 d-man but if you can't acquire one soon, you need to find a guy that can unload a shot from the point. Whoever is filling that role now (committee at the moment) doesn't have a hard enough shot. Those shots right now are either getting easily blocked or deflected well before the net and have no chance. You can't make a Stanley Cup run with a putrid power play. That will be the main reason we get mopped by Carolina.
April 30Apr 30 33 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:Yeah FA looks to be a bust. Not sure how they improve both without giving up players they'll need.Yeah free agency doesn’t have what their needs truly are. I think it’s going to have to be trades. I could see that leafs first being valuable to another team. Michkov still has value to a team in a rebuild thinking he can develop as he gets older (Flyers probably think this but really they might need him to be accelerated and not sure tocchet is the right coach for that). I’m guessing they could dangle those two things in an attempt to get the center or defenseman.
April 30Apr 30 26 minutes ago, Khani1 said:The number 1 thing they need more than either of the other two things you mentioned (which are the two hardest positions to fill in hockey, #1 center and #1 d-man) is a defensemen who can QB the power play that has a hard shot. You probably get that attribute with a #1 d-man but if you can't acquire one soon, you need to find a guy that can unload a shot from the point. Whoever is filling that role now (committee at the moment) doesn't have a hard enough shot. Those shots right now are either getting easily blocked or deflected well before the net and have no chance. You can't make a Stanley Cup run with a putrid power play. That will be the main reason we get mopped by Carolina.I kind of associate the no. 1 defenseman with the PP and Qb of the Pp too. Most no. 1 defensemen (top tier guys) are that Qb on the power play for their teams. Biggest issues this past series were Pp stunk and the Flyers defense couldn’t move the puck out of the zone consistently which was evident more last night in 3rd period and Most of overtime
April 30Apr 30 20 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:I kind of associate the no. 1 defenseman with the PP and Qb of the Pp too. Most no. 1 defensemen (top tier guys) are that Qb on the power play for their teams. Biggest issues this past series were Pp stunk and the Flyers defense couldn’t move the puck out of the zone consistently which was evident more last night in 3rd period and Most of overtimeBiggest issue I had with the PP was it was pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, bad pass, pass, cleared. Take a damn shot like we saw on the game winner. Stop trying to be cute. Get shots on net and good things can happen.
April 30Apr 30 22 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:I kind of associate the no. 1 defenseman with the PP and Qb of the Pp too. Most no. 1 defensemen (top tier guys) are that Qb on the power play for their teams. Biggest issues this past series were Pp stunk and the Flyers defense couldn’t move the puck out of the zone consistently which was evident more last night in 3rd period and Most of overtimeTheir legs were dead. They actually have been really good with getting the pucks out of the defensive zone and the outlet passes, specifically Drysdale (for the last couple months and first 3 playoff games at least). The "neutral zone trap" Toch has implemented is taxing. I am hoping our next series doesn't start until Monday because they need fresh legs, especially against a fast team who also implements the trap.
April 30Apr 30 6 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:Biggest issue I had with the PP was it was pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, bad pass, pass, cleared. Take a damn shot like we saw on the game winner. Stop trying to be cute. Get shots on net and good things can happen.The shots from the point are weak. That's why they try to pass it from side to side to get the goalie moving for a better angle or deflection/screen. Porter is the only guy willing to let it rip all the time. Foerster has the best shot on the team and will help the power play in the future but he is 100% playing with some type of injury. He isn't the greatest skater but he is much faster than he is moving right now.
April 30Apr 30 3 minutes ago, Khani1 said:Their legs were dead. They actually have been really good with getting the pucks out of the defensive zone and the outlet passes, specifically Drysdale (for the last couple months and first 3 playoff games at least). The "neutral zone trap" Toch has implemented is taxing. I am hoping our next series doesn't start until Monday because they need fresh legs, especially against a fast team who also implements the trap.That's another issue. How can their legs be so dead at their age.
April 30Apr 30 Just now, Khani1 said:The shots from the point are weak. That's why they try to pass it from side to side to get the goalie moving for a better angle or deflection/screen. Porter is the only guy willing to let it rip all the time. Foerster has the best shot on the team and will help the power play in the future but he is 100% playing with some type of injury. He isn't the greatest skater but he is much faster than he is moving right now.I know why they move it but after a point you need to put shots on net and take a chance vs the last PP where I'm not even sure they got a shot. There is a balance.
April 30Apr 30 11 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:That's another issue. How can their legs be so dead at their age. They have been playing "playoff hockey" for 6-8 weeks now so they are gassed. If they get 4-5 days off, you will see their speed again. Young'ings recover quickly.
April 30Apr 30 28 minutes ago, Khani1 said:Their legs were dead. They actually have been really good with getting the pucks out of the defensive zone and the outlet passes, specifically Drysdale (for the last couple months and first 3 playoff games at least). The "neutral zone trap" Toch has implemented is taxing. I am hoping our next series doesn't start until Monday because they need fresh legs, especially against a fast team who also implements the trap.I think some of it is tired legs. I also think some of it is their defense has always had similar issues when consistently facing playoff teams. Even back to 2020 they had this issue when they began facing better teams. That islanders series in 2020 was an issue. I also think tired legs is there this time of year for a lot of teams. I think hockey season and playoffs is a grind. So it’s going to be something that’s always lingering. If we see Carolina continuously do the same that the pens do late in that series i think it’s cause Carolina is dramatically better than penguins and flyers beginning to wear down
April 30Apr 30 8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:I think some of it is tired legs. I also think some of it is their defense has always had similar issues when consistently facing playoff teams. Even back to 2020 they had this issue when they began facing better teams. That islanders series in 2020 was an issue. I also think tired legs is there this time of year for a lot of teams. I think hockey season and playoffs is a grind. So it’s going to be something that’s always lingering. If we see Carolina continuously do the same that the pens do late in that series i think it’s cause Carolina is dramatically better than penguins and flyers beginning to wear downEvery time we played Carolina this year, it was a 1 goal game. Yes they are the better team and they have a lot more experience but if the Flyers power play was just above average, with the way Vladar is playing, I bet they could beat them in a game 7. The power play will be what eliminates them in the playoffs.Carolina has been off for 3 days already so by the time we start, they will have had at least a week off. Their legs will be fresh but they might be rusty game 1. Game 1 is the game to steal if the Flyers are going to win this series (I think we lose in 5 or 6 to be honest).
April 30Apr 30 1 minute ago, Khani1 said:Every time we played Carolina this year, it was a 1 goal game. Yes they are the better team and they have a lot more experience but if the Flyers power play was just above average, with the way Vladar is playing, I bet they could beat them in a game 7. The power play will be what eliminates them in the playoffs.Carolina has been off for 3 days already so by the time we start, they will have had at least a week off. Their legs will be fresh but they might be rusty game 1. Game 1 is the game to steal if the Flyers are going to win this series (I think we lose in 5 or 6 to be honest).Believe every game went to OT or a shootout. 3 of the 4 were in October and December. We weren’t exactly the same team then as now. last one just before the playoffs I’m not sure I’d take a bunch from as they had a bunch of guys out and we were desperate but also went to a shootout. It’s amazing how bad our PP. like we need help but there’s legit last place and bad NHL teams that still managed to be better than us and it’s a consistently last or bottom 3 for the last 5 years. I tend to agree it probably goes 5 or 6. Flyers are better on the road then home so i think if they can steal game 1 they’ll have a chance to at least get it to a game 6. I thought Ottawa played Carolina well. Wasn’t a game they were out of it. Another key is the Flyers not taking penalties. Carolina’s PP is better than penguins. Top 5 on the season so playing with more fire if they take bad penalties
April 30Apr 30 18 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:Believe every game went to OT or a shootout. 3 of the 4 were in October and December. We weren’t exactly the same team then as now. last one just before the playoffs I’m not sure I’d take a bunch from as they had a bunch of guys out and we were desperate but also went to a shootout.It’s amazing how bad our PP. like we need help but there’s legit last place and bad NHL teams that still managed to be better than us and it’s a consistently last or bottom 3 for the last 5 years.I tend to agree it probably goes 5 or 6. Flyers are better on the road then home so i think if they can steal game 1 they’ll have a chance to at least get it to a game 6. I thought Ottawa played Carolina well. Wasn’t a game they were out of it. Another key is the Flyers not taking penalties. Carolina’s PP is better than penguins. Top 5 on the season so playing with more fire if they take bad penaltiesNot sure there is enough time or trust to do it, but I wouldn't be shocked if they try to dress Oliver Bonk for a couple games. He has a cannon from the point but stinks otherwise. He is young and raw but it might be worth a look if our PP continues to struggle.
Create an account or sign in to comment