May 8May 8 Good F'ing thing they have 2 more players on the ice. What a bunch of total BS. That team is done and they deserve to be.
May 8May 8 1 minute ago, Diehardfan said:Good F'ing thing they have 2 more players on the ice. What a bunch of total BS. That team is done and they deserve to be.Everybody knew the PP would be their ultimate demise from the playoffs. I hope one of the main focuses this offseason is to put in a lot of work to correct this
May 8May 8 3 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:Everybody knew the PP would be their ultimate demise from the playoffs. I hope one of the main focuses this offseason is to put in a lot of work to correct thisIdk they’ve been bottom 5 each of the last 5 years. This PP shouldn’t be this awful for as long as they have
May 8May 8 2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:Idk they’ve been bottom 5 each of the last 5 years. This PP shouldn’t be this awful for as long as they haveNow that the Flyers are actually competent and have showed some results of being a decent hockey team i hope the boys upstairs can see that this can not go on another year after this postseason performance on the PP
May 8May 8 Just now, RoadToHell said:Now that the Flyers are actually competent and have showed some results of being a decent hockey team i hope the boys upstairs can see that this can not go on another year after this postseason performance on the PPI still think a true top center would help this PP. i also think full offseason with martone might also help
May 8May 8 3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:I still think a true top center would help this PP. i also think full offseason with martone might also helpWe’ve been needing a 1C forever and Briere continued to dodge 1Cs in the draft. We need to make some kind of trade if we can’t do anything in the draft
May 8May 8 2 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:We’ve been needing a 1C forever and Briere continued to dodge 1Cs in the draft. We need to make some kind of trade if we can’t do anything in the draftYup. Frankly, the Flyers’s pissing away the pick with gauthier hurts. He’s a legit goal scorer and would massively help this team. Drysdale is a 2nd pairing defenseman. Hes fine as that but really gauthier and where he was selected was worth more. Getting just drysdale hurts
May 8May 8 4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:Yup. Frankly, the Flyers’s pissing away the pick with gauthier hurts. He’s a legit goal scorer and would massively help this team. Drysdale is a 2nd pairing defenseman. Hes fine as that but really gauthier and where he was selected was worth more. Getting just drysdale hurtsIf Briere let him play immediately and not send him back to BC for another year we would still have Gauthier. Briere crapped the bed with that decision. Now with rumors swirling that Auston Matthews might get dealt I think you have to take a look at him because that would solve our 1C problem but at what cost? Briere still being new to this he would get fleeced
May 8May 8 I absolutely love Matthews. I’m not even a hockey guy and I was a fan of his when he came up.That said, I think he’s out of sync with the rest of this team. 29 next season. I think this young roster needs to grow organically. Trading away some of that to bring him in will get the Flyers deeper in the playoffs next year but it won’t win them a cup. And then they’ll be getting ready for purgatory.
May 8May 8 Let’s say Carolina wins the Stanley Cup which they just might how does Briere view the Flyers against a team like them? Does he Dombrowski it and say they’re right there with them or is he going to be real and see that the team he has now is very far away from being a Stanley Cup contender. The Flyers have been outplayed in every facet in this series. They need a lot of help and I just hope Briere and company see that they’re nowhere near ready. Take this and learn from it
May 8May 8 8 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:Let’s say Carolina wins the Stanley Cup which they just might how does Briere view the Flyers against a team like them? Does he Dombrowski it and say they’re right there with them or is he going to be real and see that the team he has now is very far away from being a Stanley Cup contender. The Flyers have been outplayed in every facet in this series. They need a lot of help and I just hope Briere and company see that they’re nowhere near ready. Take this and learn from itThat's the thing with the trade for Matthews people. They aren't 1 or 2 guys away. Losing patience with the rebuild and pissing away picks and talent would be such a Flyers thing to do.
May 8May 8 10 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:Let’s say Carolina wins the Stanley Cup which they just might how does Briere view the Flyers against a team like them? Does he Dombrowski it and say they’re right there with them or is he going to be real and see that the team he has now is very far away from being a Stanley Cup contender. The Flyers have been outplayed in every facet in this series. They need a lot of help and I just hope Briere and company see that they’re nowhere near ready. Take this and learn from itIt’s a great series to show how far away they really are from seriously competing for a Stanley Cup. Anyone over the age of 27 should be on the trade block for a young 1C/2C or 1D. Classic example of taking a step back to take two steps forward.Will the Flyers actually do that? I highly doubt it. They’ll likely blow cap space in the offseason on mid-tier veterans to try to get them over the hump, which will inevitably fail. I’m also skeptical of them hitching their wagon to Vladar on a big contract extension.
May 8May 8 Flyers are far away, but they are also on track. No need to break up the forward momentum of the young foundation. I’d probably give the young guys another year to sort themselves out before prematurely making a splash.
May 8May 8 35 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:That's the thing with the trade for Matthews people. They aren't 1 or 2 guys away. Losing patience with the rebuild and pissing away picks and talent would be such a Flyers thing to do.I’m not saying I’d do the Matthews trade but i could totally see if he or mcdavid become available with their picks and the leafs pick and prospects that briere and jones make that move. I am not saying it’s right or wrong, but I still think that’s gonna be the play if they actually do become available. I’m not sure they can get either one of those deals pulled off though.
May 8May 8 26 minutes ago, Blazehound said:It’s a great series to show how far away they really are from seriously competing for a Stanley Cup. Anyone over the age of 27 should be on the trade block for a young 1C/2C or 1D. Classic example of taking a step back to take two steps forward.Will the Flyers actually do that? I highly doubt it. They’ll likely blow cap space in the offseason on mid-tier veterans to try to get them over the hump, which will inevitably fail. I’m also skeptical of them hitching their wagon to Vladar on a big contract extension.I would not sign him. They will blow money on mids. That's the Flyers way.I'm glad they got experience but in some ways making the playoffs and winning a series may have actually set them back. If Danny keeps the build going it was good. If he deviates it was bad.
May 8May 8 1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:I’m not saying I’d do the Matthews trade but i could totally see if he or mcdavid become available with their picks and the leafs picks and prospects that briere and jones make that move. I am not saying it’s right or wrong, but I still think that’s gonna be the play if they actually do become available. I’m not sure they can get either one of those deals pulled off though.That would be epically stupid.
May 8May 8 2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:I’m not saying I’d do the Matthews trade but i could totally see if he or mcdavid become available with their picks and the leafs pick and prospects that briere and jones make that move. I am not saying it’s right or wrong, but I still think that’s gonna be the play if they actually do become available. I’m not sure they can get either one of those deals pulled off though.I think the price for Matthews would start with Martone, Toronto’s first round pick next year that we own, and our first round pick this year. If Matthews was younger, sign me up, but given his age and the lack of blue chip prospects and talent the Flyers have, I don’t think I could pull the trigger on that deal.
May 8May 8 Just now, Diehardfan said:That would be epically stupid.I view it this way, having a guy hypothetically like McDavid pushes guys down and back into spots in the lines that can make you have better depth and better positioning to utilize their skill sets. Do i think it make them a title contender? Probably not. I said this last series and really going into the playoffs, the Flyers need a top defenseman. They have not over the last 25 years been able to draft and develop a number one defenseman. When they have had a number one defenseman it’s always via a trade. They have a bunch of guys on this roster that are second pairings or third pairing defenseman. Now you can make the argument that Sanheim or Risto could be a number one pairing if they actually had a true number one defenseman. To me they need a 1C and a 1D.I also know that guys like Connor McDavid don’t become available very often. So if they do become available even at 30/31 and you believe you can get another seven prime years with him, I think you owe it to yourself to see if you can acquire him or what it would cost. The flyers have drafted well but yet they have not drafted a mcdavid type player outside of Giroux in the last 20 years. Imo mcdavid is another tier up from G. Again, I’m not saying to go and do it, but I could totally see Briere and Jones saying to themselves this type of player if we get 7-8 really great years out of him don’t become available too often.i think they don’t have the ammo it’ll require in a bidding war with some other teams and teams potentially much more desperate
May 8May 8 1 minute ago, Blazehound said:I think the price for Matthews would start with Martone, Toronto’s first round pick next year that we own, and our first round pick this year.If Matthews was younger, sign me up, but given his age and the lack of blue chip prospects and talent the Flyers have, I don’t think I could pull the trigger on that deal.I don’t think they are going to be able to get it done. I tend to think the best offer the Flyers could make or want to make is michkov, leafs pick, their own pick and another prospect. I like michkov, but I could see him being used in a trade like that.I don’t see them getting it done, but I also don’t believe they’re just gonna sit on the sideline if those guys like Mathews and McDavid become available via trade. I think they’re gonna be in it. I just don’t think they’re gonna get it done or be desperate enough too. Frankly, I think McDavid has a better chance of going to San Jose because of everything. I’ve read that ties him to there and what San Jose could do. Matthews is more interesting as i assume Toronto wants that 1st back in a rebuild. I still see a team offering more than us to get himI continue to say not getting gauthier signed hurts you. This is another scenario where it does. Could’ve dealt michkov and kept martone and gauthier. Could make a move like that with martone and gauthier on this roster. That top line would’ve pretty ridiculous going forward
May 8May 8 10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:I view it this way, having a guy hypothetically like McDavid pushes guys down and back into spots in the lines that can make you have better depth and better positioning to utilize their skill sets. Do i think it make them a title contender? Probably not. I said this last series and really going into the playoffs, the Flyers need a top defenseman. They have not over the last 25 years been able to draft and develop a number one defenseman. When they have had a number one defenseman it’s always via a trade. They have a bunch of guys on this roster that are second pairings or third pairing defenseman. Now you can make the argument that Sanheim or Risto could be a number one pairing if they actually had a true number one defenseman. To me they need a 1C and a 1D.I also know that guys like Connor McDavid don’t become available very often. So if they do become available even at 30/31 and you believe you can get another seven prime years with him, I think you owe it to yourself to see if you can acquire him or what it would cost. The flyers have drafted well but yet they have not drafted a mcdavid type player outside of Giroux in the last 20 years. Imo mcdavid is another tier up from G.Again, I’m not saying to go and do it, but I could totally see Briere and Jones saying to themselves this type of player if we get 7-8 really great years out of him don’t become available too often.i think they don’t have the ammo it’ll require in a bidding war with some other teams and teams potentially much more desperateLet another team get them. At their age and health it would be absolutely stupid for the Flyers to jump into that. They owe it to the fans to keep building it the right way and not dump the rebuild for one player who will not put them over the top. They have too many holes. All it will do is throw the last few years out the window for nothing. Stay patient and build.
May 8May 8 1 minute ago, Diehardfan said:Let another team get them. At their age and health it would be absolutely stupid for the Flyers to jump into that. They owe it to the fans to keep building it the right way and not dump the rebuild for one player who will not put them over the top. They have too many holes. All it will do is throw the last few years out the window for nothing.tbh i think a sizable portion of their issues stem from not having a true 1C and 1D. Forgetting this is the 8th consecutive playoff run for Carolina. Of course they are going to look better. They’ve been there and done this. Experience matters unless your the penguins who were at the very end of their time. I think flyers have pieces to build with but some prospects will pan out and some won’t. I do believe acquiring a 1C whether draft, FA or trade who’s a legit 1C solves a bunch of issues in line construction. It puts guys into better spots and better position to succeed. Getting 1C and 1D will also likely help the PP. That said, Defensively they need a 1D. It helps do the same thing as 1C by moving guys into better parings to succeed and not depending on a top pairing of sanheim and risto. No offense i don’t think that’s a true top pairing that will win you something meaningful.The issue is more can the Flyers draft and develop those guys to become top guys or will they have just a bunch of solid to good players just not great? I think you need a couple of great players. Martone may be that. Michkov may be that. Not signing gauthier hurts cause he’s already starting to show that. Besides winger, Imo center they may be able to do that. They’ve shown in their history they can but they just recently have yet to hit bigHowever, defenseman when was the last time they drafted and developed a Dman tha became a true number one defenseman? It’s been a while. They can draft a cam York or a Sanheim or guys of that ilk who are solid to even good. I’d argue they can be half of a top pairing if you had that top guy like a pronger or to a lesser extent kimmo. Imo you’re gonna have a problem at some point in time as you’re gonna have to go get that top guy. You could hope one hits free agency but realistically it’s likely needing to happen via trade. Prospects right now are around 10 from most places I’ve read so you have the ammo and cap space to do it now.Prospect pool changes so eventually might not have prospects or cap to pull it off. That is also a risk in this. I view this way, i can go either way with it. I just don’t think the flyers are gonna sit around and wait 2-3 years to then finally decide whether or not they’re gonna do it. If they believe a guy is available to get and they think that that particular player can elevate the franchise, I think they’re gonna go out try to make that move. I don’t think they’re gonna sit on their hands this off-season. Imo i thought 2026 and 2027 offseasons were when they were going to be much more active. I kind of think they were always building towards these two offseasons with cap they were opening
May 8May 8 Winning this series was gonna be hard. Winning it without Tippett was gonna be harder. Winning it without Tippett and Cates is impossible. The team is already razor thin on talent, they were never going to survive losing Tippett let alone Tippett and Cates.They're still very far away from actually competing, but they're a good young team.
May 8May 8 It feels like the Flyers do a better job with drafting than they do with managing veteran personnel. I don’t think they are quite at the point in their life cycle where you want to make veteran splashes.
May 8May 8 Not sure which contract annoys me more- Konecny or Dvorak. Both unnecessary for average players.
Create an account or sign in to comment