Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - What are we expecting in 24/25?

Featured Replies

We are so effed. Game 1 tomorrow at 8pm. The schedulers really effed us. Not nearly enough rest time and Carolina will have had 7 days off.

  • Replies 6.1k
  • Views 374.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Playing with house money now. Going to get smoked in one of the first two games as they are just too tired. They need to steal the other one.

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

We are so effed. Game 1 tomorrow at 8pm. The schedulers really effed us. Not nearly enough rest time and Carolina will have had 7 days off.

Holy crap the league hates the Flyers. WTF. Absolute BS. They couldn't even give them until Sunday? Not even hiding it.

Man, Saturday start sucks! Val's gotta shut em out and hope we can steal one.

Apparently Connor McDavid isn't too happy with Edmonton right now. I have no idea what he was thinking signing that 2 year extension. He could have been an UFA this offseason and would have been the most sought after FA since I dont know when. He could have gone anywhere and broken the bank.

Im not saying he would have signed with the Flyers, but he could have gone to a big market that is close to being a cup contender with him being the missing piece. Now, even if a team would to try and trade for him, I cant even imagine what that package would look like.

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That why Rod is still much loved in Philly

On 5/1/2026 at 7:07 AM, DrPhilly said:

Playing with house money now. Going to get smoked in one of the first two games as they are just too tired. They need to steal the other one.

No we are not. That’s a defeated attitude. While this team is young and inexperienced, they shouldn’t just be happy to be there. They are nearly as skilled as Carolina and our goaltender is playing light outs.

You come out flying in the first while Carolina is rusty and win the period. Then try to secure the lead for the duration. Steal game 1 and we have a legit shot to win the series.

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

No we are not. That’s a defeated attitude. While this team is young and inexperienced, they shouldn’t just be happy to be there. They are nearly as skilled as Carolina and our goaltender is playing light outs.

You come out flying in the first while Carolina is rusty and win the period. Then try to secure the lead for the duration. Steal game 1 and we have a legit shot to win the series.

That’s 100% inline with what I wrote. Get the steal and then the legs will comeback as the series moves forward.

Tippett is still out after practice skating with the scratches. Oh boy.

Feels like it could be a long night. We cannot get the puck out of our own zone and we are not even 2 mins into the game down 1-0

Need to hang around and get thru the period no worse than down one

1 minute ago, DrPhilly said:

Need to hang around and get thru the period no worse than down one

Too late. Don’t know what vladar is doing on that play.

That said can call it tired legs but the flyers in ability to remotely complete a pass and hold onto the puck for longer than 4-5 seconds is an issue.

This is gonna be the end of the road. I’d like to see them compete but Carolina is a legit contender to lift the cup this year

Yeah they are done

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Too late. Don’t know what vladar is doing on that play.

That said can call it tired legs but the flyers in ability to remotely complete a pass and hold onto the puck for longer than 4-5 seconds is an issue.

I was afraid one of the first two would be like this. Just need to steal game 2 and they could lose 6-0 tonight and it won’t matter. Long way left in this one in any case.

6 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

I was afraid one of the first two would be like this. Just need to steal game 2 and they could lose 6-0 tonight and it won’t matter. Long way left in this one in any case.

Possible however the hurricanes might be the best team in the east. I love the flyers but we need guys like martone and michkov to keep developing and we need better ability of our defensemen to get the puck out of the zone cleanly and up the ice. I’m not going to start in the PP. that’s been a disaster for years now. Unfortunately i really think we just don’t have all the building blocks yet to overcome Carolina to win this series.

God our power play is a disaster.

That was ugly.

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Possible however the hurricanes might be the best team in the east. I love the flyers but we need guys like martone and michkov to keep developing and we need better ability of our defensemen to get the puck out of the zone cleanly and up the ice. I’m not going to start in the PP. that’s been a disaster for years now. Unfortunately i really think we just don’t have all the building blocks yet to overcome Carolina to win this series.

I don’t get to watch more than a couple of games a year these days. The time diff is too much. I’m up tonight because it is a Sat and game 7 for the Sixers. I love both Flyers and Sixers equally.

7 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

I don’t get to watch more than a couple of games a year these days. The time diff is too much. I’m up tonight because it is a Sat and game 7 for the Sixers. I love both Flyers and Sixers equally.

I watched about 30 games before the playoffs. The issue usually is the game starts while I’m at work and by the time I get home some of these games they were already either over or basically over (pre-Olympics). What I’ve seen is similar to 2020 where they have issues when teams like Carolina can send a lot of pressure when you clear the zone and the flyers aren’t great at consistently beating it like Carolina has most of the night. Those turn into Vladar has to be perfect or it will end up in the back of the net

I feel like Carolina has as many shots on our 3 power plays as us lol

Fact we have 4 shots and had 3 PPs is not ideal

That’ll do it. Inability to even carry the puck out of our zone

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.