Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - What are we expecting in 24/25?

Featured Replies

Wait so the "researcher” just does his research on all 4 Phillies teams, pretending to like them and pretending to be on up to speed on all of them at the same time? I’m starting to wonder if he goes on NY or Dallas boards and does the same thing?

  • Replies 6.1k
  • Views 374.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Just now, Khani1 said:

Wow!! Look at this fraud. Showing his true colors!! Ever my team loses? FRAUD ALERT!

Yup that’s it.

Oh no called me a fraud. Shocking like behavior.

I’m sorry i don’t live in Philly area and don’t have access to every Flyers game unless it’s on espn/espn app/tnt/tbs so me watching 30-35 games of the flyers this year (then playoffs) and half the sixers games is probably better than most on this board outside of a selected few. Doesn’t mean i don’t read things or keep up with them. I post more with the Phillies. Been seasons i watched the flyers and Sixers for 60-70 games and even then i don’t post as much. this year I’ve not done as much as previous til lately even with the Phillies. Also follow people on Twitter that do get paid for a living to do it and talk to people inside the nhl/nba/mlb cause they have better insight from those closer to the game.

Furthermore i actually enjoy reading and looking over analytics/data from other teams to see how got here and did what they did and how they were constructed. I don’t cheer for them but i find that analysis very useful in seeing how they built their foundation and got to this point. Carolina for 8 years has made the playoffs every year. in the last 6 have finished top 3 in points in 5 years. Flyres right now should hope to get to that level and then do even more by winning a cup.

17 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

You were right about the Phillies and I said I was wrong. I will say it again, I was wrong about the Phillies and you were right.

appreciate you saying that, was more about providing those Redfin the Phillies these info going into that series and they that series so can see why the dodgers had success and were analytically a better team. every conversation we have where you and I disagree it eventually winds up insults like simpleton amongst the others said to me last postseason. not just me. You are better off blocking me and not reading my "essays” instead of getting into the discussion if we are casually just going to move to insults.

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

appreciate you saying that, every conversation we have where you an I disagree it eventually winds up insults like simpleton amongst the others said to me last postseason. not just me. You are better off blocking me and not reading my "essays” instead of getting into the discussion if we are casually just going to move to insults.

Dont take my insults seriously, they are coming from me after all. I’m a random on a message board.

Just now, Khani1 said:

Dont take my insults seriously, they are coming from me after all. I’m a random on a message board.

Or we can try to not insult and name calling while having a discussion…

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Or we can try to not insult and name calling while having a discussion…

I can act like a 5 year old. It’s a bad habit. Sorry for the name calling.

For the record, your total sports knowledge is well above mine. I just don’t agree with about the Flyers. This team had the speed to keep up with Carolina. That is a pre-requisite if you are gonna make it a series with them. As soon as we lost that, it was game over.

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

I can act like a 5 year old. It’s a bad habit. Sorry for the name calling.

For the record, your total sports knowledge is well above mine. I just don’t agree with about the Flyers. This team had the speed to keep up with Carolina. That is a pre-requisite if you are gonna make it a series with them. As soon as we lost that, it was game over.

I don’t need you to agree with me. I don’t agree with you that michkov is a bust yet. So far i think he’s been a let down and frankly i think he’s likely dealt. I just think there’s enough smoke around him it feels like that’s how that ends.

I think Flyers injuries definitely have hurt them in this series. However even healthy i think it was an uphill battle to win this series due to where Carolina and Flyers are in their team building.

Imo I don’t think the Flyers are as far off as some other people on this board think. Need guys to make jumps in development. Obviously need to be better PP can’t be worst in the league and then be 20s in PK. Imo they need some pieces which are hard to draft develop or acquire. particularly a top center. I think if they get that it really bolsters them. I’d like to add a Dman who can be a top level pairing to go with sanheim. But i think it’s more realistic to acquire a top tier center. I said last night not saying I would do it, but I could see the Flyers dangling Michkov and that leafs pick to try to get that guy.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don’t need you to agree with me. I don’t agree with you that michkov is a bust yet. So far i think he’s been a let down and frankly i think he’s likely dealt. I just think there’s enough smoke around him it feels like that’s how that ends.

I think Flyers injuries definitely have hurt them in this series. However even healthy i think it was an uphill battle to win this series due to where Carolina and Flyers are in their team building.

Imo I don’t think the Flyers are as far off as some other people on this board think. Need guys to make jumps in development. Obviously need to be better PP can’t be worst in the league and then be 20s in PK. Imo they need some pieces which are hard to draft develop or acquire. particularly a top center. I think if they get that it really bolsters them. I’d like to add a Dman who can be a top level pairing to go with sanheim. But i think it’s more realistic to acquire a top tier center. I said last night not saying I would do it, but I could see the Flyers dangling Michkov and that leafs pick to try to get that guy.

When I say Bust, I mean for what his expectations were suppose to be. A super-star guy you build around. A guy who is 90-100 ppg player each year.

I think he is a dime a dozen. Ceiling of 60-70 ppg guy who might hit 80 on a random year. I think his lack of size and strength coupled with his slow and bad skating, will hinder him. Yes he is still young but I’m not encouraged at all. I don’t know how to find the stat but if you looked up his turnovers per game, it would be really really high.

He doesn’t do anything great. His shot is average too. Having vision and soft hands doesn’t mean crap when you can’t skate and turn over the puck non stop.

2 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

When I say Bust, I mean for what his expectations were suppose to be. A super-star guy you build around. A guy who is 90-100 ppg player each year.

I think he is a dime a dozen. Ceiling of 60-70 ppg guy who might hit 80 on a random year. I think his lack of size and strength coupled with his slow and bad skating, will hinder him. Yes he is still young but I’m not encouraged at all. I don’t know how to find the stat but if you looked up his turnovers per game, it would be really really high.

He doesn’t do anything great. His shot is average too. Having vision and soft hands doesn’t mean crap when you can’t skate and turn over the puck non stop.

Yeah, I’ve seen the turnover stat. It’s on Twitter a lot.Actually heart of a lot of Flyers fans pro and anti michkov on there. Frankly I think it’s why tocchet has benched him at times is because of that issue and hasn’t developed/learned he can’t do it. it’s a consistent issue even for what he actually does well.

The superstar guy you build around is super hard to obtain, develop and acquire. It’s why I made the post last night saying hypothetically could see flyers dangling him and the leafs pick if someone like Connor McDavid becomes available. I see the Flyers being interested. Im just hypothetically using mcdavid but ive kind of always believed based off some other cap clearing moves and stocking their prospect that the briere and Jones were working to 2026 and 2027 to do something big.

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah, I’ve seen the turnover stat. It’s on Twitter a lot.Actually heart of a lot of Flyers fans pro and anti michkov on there. Frankly I think it’s why tocchet has benched him at times is because of that issue and hasn’t developed/learned he can’t do it. it’s a consistent issue even for what he actually does well.

The superstar guy you build around is super hard to obtain, develop and acquire. It’s why I made the post last night saying hypothetically could see flyers dangling him and the leafs pick if someone like Connor McDavid becomes available. I see the Flyers being interested. Im just hypothetically using mcdavid but ive kind of always believed based off some other cap clearing moves and stocking their prospect that the briere and Jones were working to 2026 and 2027 to do something big.

Yeah he either hasn’t learned or doesn’t care to adjust because he is looking for the home run play all the time. If he took his last off season seriously and was actively trying to change/adjust, I could see some light at the end of the tunnel. Instead I see a selfish player who might take another 2-3 years to become an average 2nd line player, nothing special. And he will never be a 3rd line guy because I don’t ever see him taking the time to learn/condition for back checking/becoming a 2 way guy.

2 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Yeah he either hasn’t learned or doesn’t care to adjust because he is looking for the home run play all the time. If he took his last off season seriously and was actively trying to change/adjust, I could see some light at the end of the tunnel. Instead I see a selfish player who might take another 2-3 years to become an average 2nd line player, nothing special. And he will never be a 3rd line guy because I don’t ever see him taking the time to learn/condition for back checking/becoming a 2 way guy.

Imo I think the time on making a decision whether or not you’re gonna live with the consequences of keeping him is now. You’re not gonna trade him down the road if he does improve and gets to where you think. So he’s gonna stay in that situation. If we get to next year and he’s the same or worse than his value is going to decrease. That’s another year off his rookie contract and he hasn’t shown the improvement so now teams are gonna be like well now this is three years of this. He’s going to be pegged as this is kind of who he is.

So flyers gonna have to either take the chance keeping him that he could become the player they envisioned/he is what he is or you can take the chance to go get something you need using his value of what people believe he still could be. Right now I still think there’s enough people in the NHL that believe he can get to that point. I think a year from now if he’s the same player, then you’re getting less for him if you try to trade him

41 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Imo I think the time on making a decision whether or not you’re gonna live with the consequences of keeping him is now. You’re not gonna trade him down the road if he does improve and gets to where you think. So he’s gonna stay in that situation. If we get to next year and he’s the same or worse than his value is going to decrease. That’s another year off his rookie contract and he hasn’t shown the improvement so now teams are gonna be like well now this is three years of this. He’s going to be pegged as this is kind of who he is.

So flyers gonna have to either take the chance keeping him that he could become the player they envisioned/he is what he is or you can take the chance to go get something you need using his value of what people believe he still could be. Right now I still think there’s enough people in the NHL that believe he can get to that point. I think a year from now if he’s the same player, then you’re getting less for him if you try to trade him

100% agree

It will suck to get swept but in the end of the day this was an excellent step forward. Now it needs to be followed by a solid offseason and then another step forward next year.

No michkov today, certainly a choice

Foerster sighting. Wish he would shoot the puck 100 times

30 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

Foerster sighting. Wish he would shoot the puck 100 times

He was banged up but appears to be nearly back to himself.

3 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

He was banged up but appears to be nearly back to himself.

He always seems to be out of position when he has the puck, instead of trying to work from the slot he’s on the point. When he finally has some space he hesitates and looks to pass first. This guy has too good of a shot to pass the puck. It’s perfectly fine for him to be selfish and shoot the puck to gain some confidence. He’s being badly misused imo

10 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

He always seems to be out of position when he has the puck, instead of trying to work from the slot he’s on the point. When he finally has some space he hesitates and looks to pass first. This guy has too good of a shot to pass the puck. It’s perfectly fine for him to be selfish and shoot the puck to gain some confidence. He’s being badly misused imo

He is gonna be a sniper next year. Give him time to heal and then put him with Zegras and Tippett. 35+ goals from him next year.

They are so bad on the PP, I get mad when we get one.

So many missed opportunities this series

This team is a long ways off.

Realize we are likely not advancing. You guys are harsh. A three percent chance of making the playoffs and here we are with 2nd overtime with a great team. So grateful hockey is back in Philly!!!!!!

40-17. Congratulations Carolina incredible team. Great season Flyers let’s keep it going next year

1 minute ago, RoadToHell said:

40-17. Congratulations Carolina incredible team. Great season Flyers let’s keep it going next year

Carolina is really good. I’d be surprised if it is not them or the Avs winning the cup.

That said knowing gonna watch the Sixers also get swept tomorrow

IMG_8110.jpeg

59 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

This team is a long ways off.

Dont agree. Sucks we lost but Carolina is just a better, more experienced team right now

Even just adding a top Def would be great

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.