Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - What are we expecting in 24/25?

Featured Replies

25 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

IMG_6119.gif

  • Replies 6.1k
  • Views 374.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

IMG_6119.gif

Anaheim and verbeek have to be steaming about how this contract was done. Comcast actually giving the Flyers the type of money to do this makes it that ducks cheap ass owner has to pay Carlsson $40 in the first year of this deal and in bonuses a ridiculous amount. Verbeek should be fired for letting it get to this

Pretty sure this is how Weber's was structured too, Danny saw Homer's chaos firsthand and said "lemme try that".

Also, F you cutter gauthier you fairy F

4 minutes ago, devpool said:

Pretty sure this is how Weber's was structured too, Danny saw Homer's chaos firsthand and said "lemme try that".

Also, F you cutter gauthier you fairy F

IMG_8679.png

Lmao

On 7/1/2026 at 11:42 AM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Dan is an idiot, did he think this team was an offseason away from a Stanley cup? They have no centers, they overachieved last year. Fully expect a down year

4 minutes ago, devpool said:

Dan is an idiot, did he think this team was an offseason away from a Stanley cup? They have no centers, they overachieved last year. Fully expect a down year

Tbh the Carlsson offer sheet makes a ton of sense for the Flyers. It gets them that true 1C and pushes them into another level. Add in the draft capital hurts but i have a feeling someone is getting dealt that has value cause i don’t see them being able to keep and pay everyone. I’m guessing someone like Tippett (just using him as an example) could be dealt and get some draft capital

If Anaheim matches it still sends a message they are going for it and aren’t afraid to make bold moves.

Lmao the more that comes out the more diabolical it becomes

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tbh the Carlsson offer sheet makes a ton of sense for the Flyers. It gets them that true 1C and pushes them into another level. Add in the draft capital hurts but i have a feeling someone is getting dealt that has value cause i don’t see them being able to keep and pay everyone. I’m guessing someone like Tippett (just using him as an example) could be dealt and get some draft capital

If Anaheim matches it still sends a message they are going for it and aren’t afraid to make bold moves.

I wouldn't mind them moving TK if they could, but honestly i'm not super pressed about losing picks because this team Fing sucks at drafting and developing players. Foerster is the first person they've drafted in what feels like forever that has true high end potential (i don't count michkov, he landed in their laps there was no work to be done).

That aside we have 2 firsts in 2027 so basically only losing 3 firsts in my mind, and plenty of time to recoup 2028 and beyond.

If the Ducks hadn’t just traded away Mason McTavish 9 months after signing him to a six-year contract extension I’d say they’d let Carlsson go and focus on getting their other guys signed, but I think they have no choice now but to match on Carlsson and let Mintyukov go — depending on the value of his offer sheet.

The owner will be the wildcard in this one, as Samueli will have to write the check for Verbeek to cash it. If he were a new owner I’d guess he might balk, but he’s been around for 20+ years.

I lean about 2:1 ANH will match.

36 minutes ago, devpool said:

I wouldn't mind them moving TK if they could, but honestly i'm not super pressed about losing picks because this team Fing sucks at drafting and developing players. Foerster is the first person they've drafted in what feels like forever that has true high end potential (i don't count michkov, he landed in their laps there was no work to be done).

That aside we have 2 firsts in 2027 so basically only losing 3 firsts in my mind, and plenty of time to recoup 2028 and beyond.

I’d trade TK but i don’t see them doing it cause i don’t think they believe they’ll get what they perceive his value to be.

I think Martone also has true high end potential. It would be awesome to see a Martone, Carlsson and foerster line

37 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

If the Ducks hadn’t just traded away Mason McTavish 9 months after signing him to a six-year contract extension I’d say they’d let Carlsson go and focus on getting their other guys signed, but I think they have no choice now but to match on Carlsson and let Mintyukov go — depending on the value of his offer sheet.

The owner will be the wildcard in this one, as Samueli will have to write the check for Verbeek to cash it. If he were a new owner I’d guess he might balk, but he’s been around for 20+ years.

I lean about 2:1 ANH will match.

I don't think briere had any belief we would actually get Carlson when he submitted that sheet, otherwise his "we're gonna take a atep back" comment looks weird unless we think it was a smokescreen.

5 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d trade TK but i don’t see them doing it cause i don’t think they believe they’ll get what they perceive his value to be.

I think Martone also has true high end potential. It would be awesome to see a Martone, Carlsson and foerster line

I’d start off with Tippet with Carlsson and Foerster. Calrsson is the exact type of center who could allow Tippet to score 40+ goals. If it doesn’t work out, you trade Tippett at the deadline or next off season. Martone can play on line 2 during that experiment. Busty should be on the 3rd line until he proves it.

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

At first, my initial reaction was wow, that's a lot of money but thinking ahead with the cap continuously going up and assuming this guy doesn't turn into a complete bust (very unlikely), this contract won't be so bad in the overall scheme of things. The first line would be deadly. There is a high chance he is at least an 80-90 ppg guy and a prototypical center with his size and speed. Whoever plays with him whether its Porter, Foerster, Tippet, they are going to feast.

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Whether it works or not, he would be hard to trade with for other GM's going forward possibly. Unless this is the new nhl, and he is ahead of the time. I say f it, might as well go for it now, don't stop half way lol (if other offer sheet doesn't work)

12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Reverse Cutter!

I wonder why that would be….

23 hours ago, Khani1 said:

Whether it works or not, he would be hard to trade with for other GM's going forward possibly. Unless this is the new nhl, and he is ahead of the time. I say f it, might as well go for it now, don't stop half way lol (if other offer sheet doesn't work)

They said that about Homer after the Weber offer sheet and he had no problems. Teams cannot get mad, anyone can do it. The ducks didnt force the Gauthier trade, the player did. So while it is a hilarious side effect that it makes ot harder for Gauthier to sign, it doesnt make sense for that to be the motivation.

I truly just think briere wanted to make it as hard to match as possible, and he structured it how he did because he knows their owner is a cheap piece of crap and would be less willing to match.

I think they match at the end of the day, but what an exciting week

23 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wonder if Carlson's agent contacts the team and asks them not to match, if he truly does not want to be there. I mean $18m and you live in Anaheim or $18m and live in Philly where people care about hockey.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.