HBO Max

Gannan

I got really into this movie "Imperium". Some of the CVON righties won't like it because the NSDAP skinheads are the bad guys in the movie, and the FBI guys are the good guys. The Harry Potter kid is an FBI agent that goes undercover to infiltrate  white supremacist groups who the FBI suspects are trying to build a dirty bomb. Good fast paced thriller. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gannan said:

I got really into this movie "Imperium". Some of the CVON righties won't like it because the NSDAP skinheads are the bad guys in the movie, and the FBI guys are the good guys. The Harry Potter kid is an FBI agent that goes undercover to infiltrate  white supremacist groups who the FBI suspects are trying to build a dirty bomb. Good fast paced thriller. 

Radcliffe is the worst actor I have ever seen.

Found myself re-watching "Band of Brothers" after finishing the Netflix WW2 series. It can't be overstated how well done that series was. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gannan said:

Found myself re-watching "Band of Brothers" after finishing the Netflix WW2 series. It can't be overstated how well done that series was. 

I just watched that and "The Pacific" over the past month as well.  Both are very well done, and just loaded with talent.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2021 at 10:14 AM, NOTW said:

Watched 8-bit Christmas last night.  I wanted to like it, heard it was good, was prepared for the nostalgia.  I found it boring and not very funny at all.  Oh well.

Finally watched this last night.  You must have been feeling extra scroogy that day :lol:  - the family and I loved it.  A little corny at times, for sure, but plenty of good stuff as well.

• Like 2

On 12/23/2021 at 2:49 PM, Gern Blanston said:

Finished Watchmen - really good, liked how it finished too.

I keep meaning to watch that and keep forgetting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boogyman said:

I keep meaning to watch that and keep forgetting.

Worthwhile.  Defintely helps if you know the background from the book (graphic novel).  Jean Smart is really good in it too - she's underrated.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Finally watched this last night.  You must have been feeling extra scroogy that day :lol:  - the family and I loved it.  A little corny at times, for sure, but plenty of good stuff as well.

I must of been scroogy too because I thought it was terrible. 

On 1/10/2022 at 10:44 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

Euphoria is back with way more nudity than I remembered the first season having

You appreciated all the extra dong I’m sure! 

• Haha 2

On 1/10/2022 at 12:44 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

Euphoria is back with way more nudity than I remembered the first season having

Can't wait to get around to it.  After i finish Witcher.  And Get Back.  And Expanse.  Wheel of Time is F'ed in this scenario.  Bobba Fett?  gahhh.  I need to work on my stamina.

Peacemaker - If you enjoyed the updated Suicide Squad at all, you'll likely enjoy this a little too.  Exactly the same feel.  I've found it amusing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Peacemaker - If you enjoyed the updated Suicide Squad at all, you'll likely enjoy this a little too.  Exactly the same feel.  I've found it amusing.

Just finished the first episode and enjoyed it. Loved the fight scene. 

Reminded me of the goofy fight scene in Barry on HBO

On 1/13/2022 at 10:33 AM, The_Omega said:

Was really good 

I'm really enjoying Peacemaker. The show has me cracking up almost the entire time. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gannan said:

I'm really enjoying Peacemaker. The show has me cracking up almost the entire time. 

It is suprisingly hilarious

On 1/21/2022 at 9:18 AM, Gannan said:

On 1/21/2022 at 7:23 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

It is suprisingly hilarious

It is funny, great soundtrack and Jennifer Holland is visually pleasing to look at...

What a Beautiful Girl Wants: Jennifer Holland - Maxim

• Like 1

Man that last episode of Euphoria. I don't know if I've ever been so uncomfortable watching interactions between fictional characters before :lol:

• Haha 1

Anyone watching Station 11 and/or Raised by Wolves?  Any good?

I read Station 11 a few years back and liked it.

I see Raised by Wolves has Ragnar from Vikings in it...

6 hours ago, Gannan said:

Man that last episode of Euphoria. I don't know if I've ever been so uncomfortable watching interactions between fictional characters before :lol:

I still haven't gotten through the last episode.  My wife walked in multiple times during the episode and each moment was more uncomfortable than the next.  It was also Saturday afternoon, and I didn't have any pants on, so that didn't help.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 2/1/2022 at 8:58 AM, Gannan said:

Tonight’s episode was on 100 from the jump. Also, did the drug dealer lady have a picture of Jesse Plemmons beneath her tv?!?