HBO Max

Gannan

I just saw the original Matrix for the 10th time. I love it. No idea why.  Please feel free to explain it to me like I’m 5.  Hieroglyphics make more sense. 

On 11/1/2021 at 10:17 PM, BFit said:

Watched it just because Glenn howerton was in it and I'm a big enough sunny fan to watch whatever those guy do. I actually liked it. I thought it was gunna be too forced to one side of the political spectrum, but it kinda ended up right in the middle. 

Agree.  Since it 1st came out I’ve watched at least a 1/2 dozen times.  Found it very enjoyable movie.

On 11/18/2021 at 9:54 PM, hputenis said:

I just saw the original Matrix for the 10th time. I love it. No idea why.  Please feel free to explain it to me like I’m 5.  Hieroglyphics make more sense. 

He lives in Matrix, he then takes a pill, then people try to kill him, they don't kill him then there are sequels

• Like 1

For whatever reason, I didn't watch "Boardwalk Empire" when it was new. It's a show I had been watching here and there when I was in a "show hole". However, by the end of season 3 it really picked up steam and I'm finding myself binge watching now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

For whatever reason, I didn't watch "Boardwalk Empire" when it was new. It's a show I had been watching here and there when I was in a "show hole". However, by the end of season 3 it really picked up steam and I'm finding myself binge watching now. 

this and Peaky Blinders are two shows I've neglected for so long, that I know I should just watch already, and still haven't done so. 

3 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

this and Peaky Blinders are two shows I've neglected for so long, that I know I should just watch already, and still haven't done so. 

I've re-watched Peaky Blinders a bunch of times. Great show

Bill Simmons has always killed it with documentaries and he has a whole Music Box Series coming out every week. 

7 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Bill Simmons has always killed it with documentaries and he has a whole Music Box Series coming out every week. 

The 1st one was about Woodstock ‘99. It was pretty good.  Lots of bewbs.

• 2 weeks later...

8-bit Christmas was good. Basically a ripoff of Christmas story, but I liked it whereas I hated Christmas story.

22 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

8-bit Christmas was good. Basically a ripoff of Christmas story, but I liked it whereas I hated Christmas story.

I've heard it's good.  From what I gathered the "ripoff" was intentional to be the next generation of that type of movie with obvious nods to it.  My son is really into video games on Nintendo Switch and curious if he'll like it.  

I actually just watched A Christmas Story last night.  It had been many years.  We watched it all the time growing up, my Dad loved it and always put on the TBS 24 hours thing.  I got so sick of it I hadn't watched in years.  I still think it's good and has its moments, but it's never been one of my favorites.

As I'm browsing different streaming services, HBO Max seems to have the best collection of Christmas movies both classic and newer.  Miracle on 34th Street, A Christmas Story, Elf, The Polar Express, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Four Christmases, and some others not as popular.

9 hours ago, NOTW said:

As I'm browsing different streaming services, HBO Max seems to have the best collection of Christmas movies both classic and newer.  Miracle on 34th Street, A Christmas Story, Elf, The Polar Express, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Four Christmases, and some others not as popular.

For as strange as it sounds " Fred Claus" has become one of my favorite Christmas movies lol. 

10 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

For as strange as it sounds " Fred Claus" has become one of my favorite Christmas movies lol. 

I love Vince Vaughn.

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I love Vince Vaughn.

I like it for Paul Giamatti lol. 

It's a criminally underrated Christmas movie. 

44 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I like it for Paul Giamatti lol. 

It's a criminally underrated Christmas movie. 

No need to bring the law into this.

• Haha 2

Watched 8-bit Christmas last night.  I wanted to like it, heard it was good, was prepared for the nostalgia.  I found it boring and not very funny at all.  Oh well.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Watched 8-bit Christmas last night.  I wanted to like it, heard it was good, was prepared for the nostalgia.  I found it boring and not very funny at all.  Oh well.

I won't binge Christmas movies till like the 23rd. To early yet!

My son told me about Doom Patrol and gave it a try.  Not your normal superhero series.  Took awhile to get into show, but I’m hooked. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Talkingbirds said:

My son told me about Doom Patrol and gave it a try.  Not your normal superhero series.  Took awhile to get into show, but I’m hooked. 

Watched first episode - its still in the queue, but haven't gotten back around to it yet.  

I watched first episode and started second of The Watchmen last night, enjoyed it...

3 hours ago, Gern Blanston said:

Watched first episode - its still in the queue, but haven't gotten back around to it yet.  

I watched first episode and started second of The Watchmen last night, enjoyed it...

Watchmen is amazing. Finish it. one of best shows of past decade. 

really enjoyed Doom Patrol, but understand if not everyone’s cup of tea 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, homerpat said:

Watchmen is amazing. Finish it. one of best shows of past decade. 

Finished first 3 eps now, digging it.  I had put it off because I had never read the book (ahem - graphic novel), which I'm glad I did.  Cant imagine what or how anyone not familiar with the background material can follow it...