HBO Max

Gannan

11 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Tonight’s episode was on 100 from the jump. Also, did the drug dealer lady have a picture of Jesse Plemmons beneath her tv?!? 

Yes but 

Spoiler

I find myself actively rooting against Rue at this point. When she was running from the dog, I was rooting for the dog. Her mom was right when she sad "you're not good person". I was half hoping they would kill her off, but I guess there wouldn't be much of a show without her.

It's probably because of my personal history with addicts. Dealing with them is F'n exhausting. I'm just too old and I can't do it anymore. 

On 2/1/2022 at 3:54 PM, Gern Blanston said:

Anyone watching Station 11 and/or Raised by Wolves?  Any good?

I read Station 11 a few years back and liked it.

I see Raised by Wolves has Ragnar from Vikings in it...

So I started Raised by Wolves this weekend...  Good if you like sci fi with a weird suspense vibe, only 5 episodes in, acting is good, particularly the actors portraying the androids "Mother" and "Father".  Ridley Scott directed the first 2 episodes.

18 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Tonight’s episode was on 100 from the jump. Also, did the drug dealer lady have a picture of Jesse Plemmons beneath her tv?!? 

Zendaya is going to win an Emmy for that episode

• Like 1

Saw the first episode of Euphoria.  This show is such a masterpiece.  Visually and musically on top of blowing everything in the genre to smithereens.  The Breakfast Club may as well be the Mickey Mouse Club next to this.  So much depth to the characters, raw and real yet wound into a tight drama.  Can't say enough about it.

11 hours ago, Gannan said:

Yes but 

Hide contents

I find myself actively rooting against Rue at this point. When she was running from the dog, I was rooting for the dog. Her mom was right when she sad "you're not good person". I was half hoping they would kill her off, but I guess there wouldn't be much of a show without her.

It's probably because of my personal history with addicts. Dealing with them is F'n exhausting. I'm just too old and I can't do it anymore. 

Addicts is the worst 

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Zendaya is going to win an Emmy for that episode

She going for that repeat for sure 

4 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Saw the first episode of Euphoria.  This show is such a masterpiece.  Visually and musically on top of blowing everything in the genre to smithereens.  The Breakfast Club may as well be the Mickey Mouse Club next to this.  So much depth to the characters, raw and real yet wound into a tight drama.  Can't say enough about it.

I should rewatch season one just for the vibe of it all and with added context of knowing the characters to date 

16 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I should rewatch season one just for the vibe of it all and with added context of knowing the characters to date 

Finally got wifey hooked so her catching up will give me the chance to rewatch.  Crazy how much younger most of them look.

• Like 1

Finally got around to watching "Succession". I'm 4 episodes in. Are they supposed to be the Trumps?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Finally got around to watching "Succession". I'm 4 episodes in. Are they supposed to be the Trumps?

Somewhere between the Trumps and the Murdocks.

• Like 1

Finale of Peacemaker tonight... 

It might just be me, but like the painting of Kramer on Seinfeld, I can't look away from this show's intro...  The song is catchy and the uh, "dancing" is...  interesting?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Gern Blanston said:

It might just be me, but like the painting of Kramer on Seinfeld, I can't look away from this show's intro...  The song is catchy and the uh, "dancing" is...  interesting?

Thoroughly enjoying the show. And Harcourt is a hottie. 

1F74D67C-BC3B-4861-86A2-FBE13105D141.gif

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Gern Blanston said:

Liked it. I wanted to love it, but just couldn't. 

14 hours ago, homerpat said:

Super surprised by cameos. Great ending. Poor Economos

yeah didnt see that coming. 

i really liked the show. 

• Like 1

it’s pretty impressive a super silly action show can deliver a really sad empathetic moment with an alien and a fat hacker

On 2/13/2022 at 10:44 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Mighty Gemstones is super underrated.  So many details that make it perfect.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, homerpat said:

it’s pretty impressive a super silly action show can deliver a really sad empathetic moment with an alien and a fat hacker

Was Economos stuck working at a prison?

5 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Was Economos stuck working at a prison?

Belle reve. It's where he worked before joining the team. Someone earlier in the series mentioned sending him back to his dad dark desk at Belle reve

• Like 1

That’s where Waller was running her operation out of, wasn’t it? I thought that’s what Adebayo said when she was on the TV at the end.

On 2/19/2022 at 11:08 AM, The_Omega said:

That’s where Waller was running her operation out of, wasn’t it? I thought that’s what Adebayo said when she was on the TV at the end.

Yeah Belle reve is where all the suicide squad members were locked up. I'm thinking that season 2 will probably start with Belle reve having some sort of troubles and they'll probably get some other random dc anti hero or villain to join the team from there. 

I gotta say, I loved it when, right after Goth

tried to woo him with his propaganda speech, Chris activated the human torpedo.

Very satisfying.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Euphoria just gave us the best high school play ever 

I haven't been a fan of the play. I think it's lazy writing

Spoiler

Also I don't know how the school allowed that scene with the jocks. It looked like Cassie, Maddie, and Kat weren't happy about their portrayal but then once the jock scene with Nate came on everyone was cheering

It was funny how the drunk mom didn't seem to care how she was portrayed to the whole school

• Like 1

Peacemaker wasn't what I thought it'd be

Spoiler

I was expecting him to be a ruthless killer and not someone who is having a change of heart

I'm not a big fan of Cena

There were a lot of funny moments once I got over the change of heart character from suicide squad though

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

I haven't been a fan of the play. I think it's lazy writing

Hide contents

Also I don't know how the school allowed that scene with the jocks. It looked like Cassie, Maddie, and Kat weren't happy about their portrayal but then once the jock scene with Nate came on everyone was cheering

It was funny how the drunk mom didn't seem to care how she was portrayed to the whole school

The mom was the best