EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, RLC said:

Who on Washington is covering DeSean this Sunday?

Darby will cover him for the first half, the tarp of the injury tent will cover him for the second.

They still need someone to come in at LT when Peters takes himself out and gets dinged up

Doug was asked if Hurts would get a package of plays. Of course Doug said no comment

Hats off to Doug and Howie for playing hardball with Peters.  Going through camp without Peters at LT was probably a good experience for players and coaches alike to prepare for his inevitable breathers.  Might have worked out for the best on all fronts.

I’d say Jeff McLane got vindicated today...

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Hats off to Doug and Howie for playing hardball with Peters.  Going through camp without Peters at LT was probably a good experience for players and coaches alike to prepare for his inevitable breathers.  Might have worked out for the best on all fronts.

Peters might have gotten an adjustment too, so who knows?

13 minutes ago, RLC said:

Jason came to his senses. Now we can go back to supporting one of the greatest Eagles ever.

If we don't hear anything about a reworked deal it likely means the Eagles did a handshake agreement with him to guarantee his incentives to $6M -- IMO

Just now, RLC said:

When Jason Peters inevitably gets hurt, who is the backup LT? Pryor or Mailata?

Hoping for Glenn still. Health is the biggest concern for both but combined they're actually a pretty solid LT solution. 

1 minute ago, RLC said:

I believe it’s Pryor from the tidbits we got out of camp.  Mailata apparently had a really "rough” camp according to reports. 

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

If we don't hear anything about a reworked deal it likely means the Eagles did a handshake agreement with him to guarantee his incentives to $6M -- IMO

That would be fair, imo. 

Peters’ corpse and some combination of youthful relief plus adjustments will get them by for another year.

The real question is who the LT will be for 2021.  They don’t have the luxury of using a first round pick in the draft or via trade. DE is in bad shape.  WR, CB, and S are, at best, only half figured out.  

I can’t see them just handing the position to Dillard.  Yet I can’t see them using that 1st either.  So they’ll have to get really creative on this one.

15 minutes ago, RLC said:

Jason came to his senses. Now we can go back to supporting one of the greatest Eagles ever.

Yup. Been saying this since Dillard got hurt. Team was being smart letting their back up swing Ts get reps.  How much faith they have in those swing Ts will be shown when they sign Glenn next Monday.  

14 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah we definitely should. Peters is going to miss time. 

I'd absolutely still sign him before someone else loses a LT this weekend and he is off the street. 

8 minutes ago, RLC said:

Fingers crossed that it’s Glenn. 

So did E45 on draft weekend. 

10 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I’d say Jeff McLane got vindicated today...

How is that?  Doesn’t say Peters held out for more money. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Fingers crossed that it’s Glenn. 

So did E45 on draft weekend. 

My groin is always flaccid on draft weekend.

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

How is that?  Doesn’t say Peters held out for more money. 

Peters "deciding” to play LT and him refusing to answer the question about his contract was vindication. 

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

My groin is always flaccid on draft weekend.

Not after those four speed receivers we acquired. Be honest. You were at least half mast. 

6 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Peters’ corpse and some combination of youthful relief plus adjustments will get them by for another year.

The real question is who the LT will be for 2021.  They don’t have the luxury of using a first round pick in the draft or via trade. DE is in bad shape.  WR, CB, and S are, at best, only half figured out.  

I can’t see them just handing the position to Dillard.  Yet I can’t see them using that 1st either.  So they’ll have to get really creative on this one.

Dillard will be LT with Tega healthy as his back up and Driscoll as the swing everything player. I really like the potential of our PS OL players. Opeta may be the weak link there.  

Let Jason play on his contract. Give the old wink nod that next year he will be a highly compensated quality control coach. Everyone wins 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

What a time to be alive. 

Give me a break.

Maybe they should sanitize the turf after every tackle.

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Peters "deciding” to play LT and him refusing to answer the question about his contract was vindication. 

Not after those four speed receivers we acquired. Be honest. You were at least half mast. 

Fair enough.

My personnel goals (ie, aside from a win) for week 1 are a great game from Wentz, 1-2 big plays from Hightower, and no injuries to anyone under 30 or anyone on the OL.

Everyobe else, Id probably rather the youngsters get the reps anyway.  

Archived