EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

11 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

I gotta admit i'm having a hard time getting into it

Not me.  Cant wait for Thursday but I'll be hyped come Sunday.

Games might be sloppy the first 2-4 weeks but at least its football.

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

This offseason, nothing.  The 4 before that...

I guess.  It was an issue but seems like one that they addressed aggressively. They've made some serious missteps absolutely but it's far from the doom and gloom people around here are making it out to be. 

5 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Every reason to think wr will be better than last year by alot

cant have five star vets everywhere

Week 1 starters will be D-Jax who played 1 game last year and JJAW who was losing reps to PS players and 4th string TEs. "Alot” is a big stretch. 

2 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Week 1 starters will be D-Jax who played 1 game last year and JJAW who was losing reps to PS players and 4th string TEs. "Alot” is a big stretch. 

Don’t worry, teams will continue to let Greg Ward run uncovered six yards down the field. It’s unstoppable. 

12 minutes ago, RLC said:

Who on Washington is covering DeSean this Sunday?

Does it matter? DeSean still needs a little time to get open and uhhh he ain't getting time. 

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Doug didn't want to clearly say who was starting at RG. Said there were a bunch of options

Let's be honest... JP is playing LT unless they bring in Glenn. But Doug doesn't want to tell the media that yet. 

Of course.  Still would being Glenn in though if he's interested. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Let's be honest... JP is playing LT unless they bring in Glenn. But Doug doesn't want to tell the media that yet

He just did. 

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Jason came to his senses. Now we can go back to supporting one of the greatest Eagles ever.

I don’t think we should have stopped supporting him. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How so?

He's doing a press conference right now. I'm watching on facebook

Just now, Mike030270 said:

He's doing a press conference right now. I'm watching on facebook

But can we really be sure?

Just now, ManuManu said:

Well there you go then. Perhaps the noises came from Peters camp? To try and instigate something if they could. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I don’t think we should have stopped supporting him. 

JP is still my go to jersey.

21 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

So you're saying that you have an issue with the team's offseason decisions prior to '17? If so, WTF?

The FA and trades, absolutely not.  The draft?  Hell yes.  

But here’s the real sequence that, had it not come on the heels of a SB, would have been nearly unforgivable.

3/2018: Trade Torrey Smith after an unproductive year for peanuts.  In isolation, of course, he was toast.  Z WR open.

2 weeks later: Sign Mike Wallace off the scrap heap to be the Z.  He’d never play in the nfl again.

1 month later: Draft Goedert to be the #2 TE behind a probowler, ahead of DJ Chark, a prototypical Z wr.

1 year later: after committing to a 2 TE offense, with zero promising youth at the wr position, draft a slow possession WR to complement your tight ends (ahead of multiple appealing options).

3 months after that: extend your aging, veteran slow possession WR to a guaranteed mega-deal.

That sequence was nauseating.  It shows zero awareness of what works in this league or the bigger picture.

Archived