EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

Since 2016, the Eagles have been at their best when establishing the north/south run game. Jordan Howard was the best offensive player for the Eagles through the first half of the season last year, imo. Was hoping he’d be back or they found a bruiser to get 10-12 carries a game. Sanders, Scott, and Clement don’t exactly bring the boom. 

The run game will be key to their success and seems as though it’s always overlooked by the media, fans, and even DP sometimes... 

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Connecticut Eagle

I've been told the Eagles will go 11-5 this season, so please put me down for that.

I know you're not the one compiling the weekly predictions -- but despite all the doom and gloom in here this morning, Week 1 will be a WIN -- 24-16

12 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

The point is E45 is pointing out (like he’s done for 3 years) that our WR situation is not good and slow. Having to say that a RB is a good receiving option to go against his point.. proves his point 

No it doesnt

saying we have receiving threats at rb is independent of the Wrs. DJax is hardly slow and Ertz is fast at TE. 

i am far more concerned about duct taping the OL for a week than wr

So Richard Rodgers to the PS and Glenn to the 53?

with Rodgers and Burnett called up for week 1?

is that the expectation 

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

No it doesnt

saying we have receiving threats at rb is independent of the Wrs. DJax is hardly slow and Ertz is fast at TE. 

What was his 40 time in weeks 2 through 18 last year?

1 minute ago, ToastJenkins said:

No it doesnt

Ok so saying our CBs can’t cover then coming back with "but our safeties are good " makes the CBs not as bad? 

Our WR situation going into week 1 doesn’t look great. Plain and simple. Yes, having a good all around back like Sanders helps but that doesn’t mean the WR situation is good. 

On a separate note, what does everyone think of Huntley?

A 5th round pick via waivers at a position in need of depth is a nice value proposition.  

21 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

The point is E45 is pointing out (like he’s done for 3 years) that our WR situation is not good and slow. Having to say that a RB is a good receiving option to go against his point.. proves his point 

We all get it.  The WR situation isnt the greatest.  

We have 2 TEs and 2 RBs that can help in the passing game as well.  We'll just have to deal with it.

We can dress up to 48 if at least 8 are OL.  Burnett and Wilson would be the allowed PS elevations.  Wallace/Taylor would be the last player.

Wentz, Sudfeld, Hurts      
Sanders, Scott, Clement      
Ertz, Goedert, Wilson      
Jackson, JJAW, Ward, Hightower, Burnett  
Peters, Seumalo, Kelce, Pryor, Johnson, Herbig, Mailata, TBD

Cox, Hargrave, Jackson, Ridgeway    
Graham, Burnett, Sweat, Curry      
Gerry, Edwards, Riley, Singleton, Bradley    
Slay, Maddox, NRC, LeBlanc, James    
McLeod, Mills, Epps, Ford, Wallace    

Elliot, Johnston, Lovato      

5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

On a separate note, what does everyone think of Huntley?

A 5th round pick via waivers at a position in need of depth is a nice value proposition.  

Preferred McFarland but he could be decent 

10 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

Yo did anybodies heah bout dis. Saints be tried to trade a second rounder to Cleveland to do a Clowneys sign and trade for salaries cap rezins but league be stopped it. I swear dat franchise got what Day deserve in that title game. 

damn smh

9 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

What was his 40 time in weeks 2 through 18 last year?

Irrelevant 

what did he do week 1?

9 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Ok so saying our CBs can’t cover then coming back with "but our safeties are good " makes the CBs not as bad? 

Our WR situation going into week 1 doesn’t look great. Plain and simple. Yes, having a good all around back like Sanders helps but that doesn’t mean the WR situation is good. 

Your safety argument disproves your own point...

yes good safties can compensate for lesser corners especially in some systems

they all work together as a unit. Just like wr te and rb

People are really sleeping on our CBs compared to last year's roster. We had no one nearly as good as Slay or NRC. That'll make a huge difference.

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Irrelevant 

what did he do week 1?

If you think his availability issues are irrelevant, then I don't know what to tell you.

5 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

No it doesnt

Thank you for speaking up about this!

Everything...everything goes through the OL first and foremost....the offense is designed to include RB's as threats and weapons in the passing game...the units don't interact independently of each other. The key to everything is the ability of the OL to allow the offense to spread horizontally.

This first game is going to be  a slopfest for both teams because of the lack of a preseason. I would expect lots of timing and procedural penalties. I would spread the offense out and use hurry up, forcing the D into M-M mismatches and challenge their communication abilities. Put people in positions to make individual plays.

On D, I would blitz the heck out of the offense and be as disruptive as possible.

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

Your safety argument disproves your own point...

yes good safties can compensate for lesser corners especially in some systems

they all work together as a unit. Just like wr te and rb

A good D-line can also cover up lesser CBs as well.  

Just now, eagle45 said:

If you think his availability issues are irrelevant, then I don't know what to tell you.

Losing argument if you rely on a hypothetical downside to bolster it

plus hightower is not slow either. I would love to prop bet he scores week 1

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

You could say the same about Wentz.

He's one 5 yard scramble away from being out for the year.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Using that train of thought i guess they should cut Brooks too.

45 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I'm not sure if you meant this as a joke, but if he's not signed today it wouldn't surprise me if this were actually the case. Just hope to get through week one with what we have and then fortify. There's a risk but it's a plan with some thought behind it.

For what it's worth, for one game I'd rather go with Seumalo at LT and Herbig at LG than to play Pryor at LT.

No joke.  I seriously believe Glenn doesn’t sign until next Monday.  Tuesday tryout.   Work out a deal but that doesn’t get signed until Monday. Yes, I hope the OL needs no substitutes this weekend because if the do, it’s Mailata or Herbig, maybe Driscoll at LT.  With the new rules this year, all eight OL will be active.  

I don’t think Pryor plays LT.  I think it is JP with Pryor at RG.   I think it stays that way and Glenn is the sixth OL once signed.  Should be interesting if Herbig stays at the big TE in the six man heavy package.  He practiced there this summer.  Eventually that will be Driscoll. 

Archived