EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, schuy7 said:

Yeah. I really don't know if I could watch this team if that's the case.

You're not alone. I may take a break from football and pick up a hobby

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

I agree something broke tho and he is done here regardless. He was done week 2.

Just wish we had never signed him to that contract, of all of Howie's bad moves, this is one of the worst.

24 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Sad is right. It feels like it’s over for Wentz here, and I hate it. 

Lurie has to do some soul searching, but you guys calling for him to sell the team are nuts. 

No one called for him to sell the team.  That was a "hypothetical situation" catering to the post that stated "Lurie would never trade Wentz". The point was that I don't believe it to be the case.

I'll try to find it and delete it...it's obviously getting misconstrued. 

5 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Hymie? Like Al Sharpton called parts of NYC Hymietown? Did you care then, or only when it's convenient for you to care?

It's wrong when you both do it. 

5 minutes ago, RLC said:

The Broncos are so dumb on offense. They hit a big play to Noah Fant, then immediately take him off the field for the next 2 plays. He's your best offensive player; use him. 

C’mon. You watch our games too. We do the exact same thing.

18 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

The pertinent question is does Lurie have the energy and attention to clean house one more time, or is he happy to be able to dip into the FO and coaching staff to get what he wants, as needs be?

Put more brutally.  Is Lurie prepared to lose a little control and influence at the Novacare in order to win another Super Bowl?

Honestly, I don't think he is.

2 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Can we have Andy Reid back please?

As everyone knows, I’m a big critic.

While I criticized AR a lot, I never, ever suggested firing him...until right after the 2012 season

He was always an offensive genius, but he went stale and needed to leave Philly. He took everything he learned here over more than a decade, reinvented himself, and likely created the NFLs next dynasty.

That was never happening here.  Firing AR got us one SB and likely got him several.  Together, it would have been 0. 

8 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Hymie? Like Al Sharpton called parts of NYC Hymietown? Did you care then, or only when it's convenient for you to care?

Stop being an idiot 

Lurie doesn’t come off as dumb I think something is brewing 

15 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I’m fine with that.  I just hope they don’t ruin both him and Dillard by forcing Mailata at LT and making Dillard a swing tackle (that went great) on the bench.

Agreed.  Sad thing is, i just have zero faith to do what's best with the talent they have and what makes the team better.  

11 minutes ago, greend said:

He played better than Wentz. That said let the idiots that jumped immediately on Hurts' bandwagon read this.

I would guess for the Hurts folks it’s about trajectory. Wentz has been putrid. Hurts flashed and has theoretical upside. 

It’s a S season, I say let people be excited about something. 

4 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

show me amy mvp type franchise qb that ever got benched and then went back to being the mvp type franchie qb.

i cant think of one. 

the fact some of you are soo happy about this shows me you have no idea how hard it is to find an mvp type qb.

let me ask you something, do you actually enjoy seeing this offense not move the ball? i mean is loving a player like carson that important that you rather lose games, not scoring tds, not moving the ball? seems like you are happy with wentz and not care about losses and low scoring games.

Just now, Westbrook#36 said:

Fine I won't use the word hymie. How about money-grabbers, money-huggers, usurers?

How about we don't use any racial or ethnic stereotypes? C'mon man.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Stop being an idiot 

Ah, so name calling is ok when it suits you.

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

As everyone knows, I’m a big critic.

While I criticized AR a lot, I never, ever suggested firing him...until right after the 2012 season

He was always an offensive genius, but he went stale and needed to leave Philly. He took everything he learned here over more than a decade, reinvented himself, and likely created the NFLs next dynasty.

That was never happening here.  Firing AR got us one SB and likely got him several.  Together, it would have been 0. 

It would've been nice to see what he could do with a better QB here. The offense in '11 and '12 could move the ball; they just couldn't stop turning it over. Vick was atrocious with that.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Stop being an idiot 

Lol not sure if it's sad or funny that this made me think of that one guy. Can't think of the name but haven't seen him on the board in awhile. Anyone know who I'm thinking of? Was he banned or just taking a break?

If Lurie brings both Howie and Doug back next year I don't think I'll be watching this team.  At least 1 has to go after this season, though I'd prefer both.  Thanks for the SB, but the current path you're on I cannot follow you.  This will take 2 seasons at least to turn around, more if both are retained for another seasons of this unconscionable slop we've witnesses this year.  If Lurie can't see what the problem is and have the spine and balls to fix it then I can't have interest in his team. 

7 minutes ago, greend said:

I for one would have been happy if it came to an end after 8 or 10 more seasons like 2017. Only in Philly can you be hated for being a hero or for being accused of leadership issues with no credible evidence of such.

agree 100%  the hate for wentz has been there even in 2017.

in philly the back up QB is always the most popular player.

7 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

This has become laughable to me. This is not a minimum wage job. It’s one of 32 jobs at the highest level of football. With a ridiculously rabid fan base. 
They have a talented F’d up QB. There will be several qualified candidates willing to cut a nut off for this job. 
YES this is a highly desirable job. 

Sure, it’s only one of 32 NFL HC jobs in the world. But compared to the other openings? I doubt we’ll be in the top two most desirable openings. 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Stop being an idiot 

I stopped giving him attention. Dude is out there & doesn’t deserve it

15 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

lol exactly 67.5 QBR, 5 completions out of 20 pass plays called. Everyone pumped up, lol. It is pretty funny how everyone is reacting to it, lol. 

everyone?  Nah... Hurts did what I expected.  Ran quite a bit.  Made some nice throws.  Made some bad throws.  Ultimate result was about the same with Hurts as it was with Wentz.  4th quarter scoring drive when the game was all but lost.  He led 1 scoring drive... just 1.  It wasn't some great coming out party for Hurts.  He was ok.  Moving forward, we'll see what happens, but this team is just as broken with Hurts behind center as with Wentz there.  The ultimate result for this season should still be the same.  Clean house.   Remove Howie, bring in a new GM.  The new GM hires a new HC and full coaching staff of his choosing.  And the HC and GM decide what to do with the roster.  They decide if Wentz is salvageable.  They decide if Hurts is the direction they want to go.  But, I see Wentz coming back in 2021.  I just don't see them making the trade and dumping him, though... if they really don't believe in him, they could get out of that contract with a trade.  I know teams would be lining up to trade for him.  

Archived