EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

So I was watching the Raiders Jets game today. First Agholar gets behind the defense with 15 seconds left and I couldn’t believe it. Then Ruggs does and scores  winning TD with 5 seconds.

I don’t want to suggest that they threw the game cuz I don’t believe it. But, man that was odd. And they somehow keep the #1 pick.😕

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I’ll be back because it’s the only damn hobby I have, but I’ll be grumpy as hell. 

I'll likely find my way back, but I won't be happy about it.   I do have other hobbies.   And I can move into those... I took up smoking meats this summer... and instead of smoking in time for the game, I can just smoke the meat during the game and eat it outdoors as long as the weather holds.  Maybe put the radio on... maybe not.  

For you Wentz die hards out there:  you assume Wentz can be 2017 Wentz again, but Howie and Doug can't be.  

The correct answer is 2017 was magic for the whole team and that magic is three years gone.

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I’ll be back because it’s the only damn hobby I have, but I’ll be grumpy as hell. 

That wins post of the day.  I literally laughed out loud.  Well done. :lol:

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

One lesson to learn from Howie’s bad contracts (and from players around the league like Dak and Clowney)...

Football is an increasingly fickle sport.  Careers are getting shorter and shorter.  Excellence is harder to sustain.

It used to be smart to lock up a player as soon as they broke out...”they will only get more expensive, lock them up now.”  That philosophy has burned this time horribly.

There is a reason the players hate not getting early extensions.  Do not extend any player until they are COMPLETING the last year of their contract.

For every player that gets more expensive, 10 will fall off, tear something, get figured out by the league, miss games and get cheaper.

No early extensions.  For anyone. 

I think this is an overreaction, but the issue was extending and restructuring older players for cap space now and poor cap numbers in the future. Extending early is great for young guys. Not so much for guys already on their second contract. Generally speaking. 

2 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Still has the Kolbcussion from Clowney?

I honestly believe that hit to his head is what is responsible for what we are seeing from Wentz now. That hit broke him. 

Just imagine if we had fans in the stands lmao

3 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I’ll still be around to watch Eagles football next year, no matter what happens. But depending on what happens, I probably won’t be as determined to get sundays off work or order Sunday ticket next year. 

This has been an exhausting season but everyone will be back. I want to say right now I won’t get Sunday ticket but if they draft Chase and some other quality players I’ll be sucked right back in 

1 minute ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Just imagine if we had fans in the stands lmao

It’s a good thing we don’t.  I’m sure the players who have been around Philly long enough are grateful for that.

6 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

You’ll be back. As will I.

We’ll just be semi-miserable that’s all.

Well, I did say I don't 'plan' to be... but the reality is this:

ojetd.gif

2 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

So I was watching the Raiders Jets game today. First Agholar gets behind the defense with 15 seconds left and I couldn’t believe it. Then Ruggs does and scores  winning TD with 5 seconds.

I don’t want to suggest that they threw the game cuz I don’t believe it. But, man that was odd. And they somehow keep the #1 pick.😕

Agholor never had any issues getting loose deep. It was tracking and catching that he always struggled with. He's always had the deep speed. 

2 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

Gregg Williams cares not about getting the No. 1 pick. I think he’s getting killed a little too much for the call. The CB is to know better than biting on a double move there. Apparently Williams calls that a lot in Hail Mary situations. 

12 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Yeah, he did look a bit leaner around the middle in his rugby videos.  Wouldn't surprise me if once he stopped playing rugby FT that he's added 15-20 lbs.

Even if you look at his rookie year to now, his physique looks entirely different.

image.png.679e3b983b71319e69e80ec0eabb0ddb.pngLT Jordan Mailata helps Eagles defeat 49ers in his first NFL start

At least he admits it. I didn't expect him to lock Metcalf and Adams down, but at the same time I think it's fair to expect him to not give those guys one of their best games of the season each. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

Gregg Williams cares not about getting the No. 1 pick. I think he’s getting killed a little too much for the call. The CB is to know better than biting on a double move there. Apparently Williams calls that a lot in Hail Mary situations. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

Agholar getting behind the D and then Ruggs with a few seconds. Brutal. Gase should be w/o a job tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

:huh:Wouldn't he have to know though? The play caller gives the QB the plays...

My guess is reporters got confused by what Doug meant by the play calling. Doug did say that it was a collaborative thing with the coaches but ultimately he calls the plays. Then the reports were coming out that Doug gave up play calling

I'm pretty sure I saw Doug calling in plays. 

4 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Don't kill the messenger.

I was just going by what has been reported.  And if you think about it, has there been a credible report saying "Howie's job is on the line?"  I haven't seen it.

The reports I've seen all allude to Pederson being on the hot seat and to a lesser extent, Wentz.

I think a lot of those are leaked  by Howie to insulate himself.   We've heard of countless former Eagles' Execs that are not happy with Howie's maneuvering behind the scenes.

And if Lurie sees Howie as a son, that's too bad for him.  "It's a business" after all.

its-not-personal-g9v7lv.jpg

6 minutes ago, QuinnWR4 said:

I honestly believe that hit to his head is what is responsible for what we are seeing from Wentz now. That hit broke him. 

It's either that or the bulking up imo

1 minute ago, Casey @ Bat said:

Hill actually caught that

That’s gonna cost me some money in fantasy football I bet. 

3 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

At least he admits it. I didn't expect him to lock Metcalf and Adams down, but at the same time I think it's fair to expect him to not give those guys one of their best games of the season each. 

Exactly.  If he's a top CB, then he needs to at least slow them down.  He wasn't even a speedbump.

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This has been an exhausting season but everyone will be back. I want to say right now I won’t get Sunday ticket but if they draft Chase and some other quality players I’ll be sucked right back in 

I probably won’t get Sunday ticket again. I only got it because of the pandemic I have time to catch all these games now. But yeah if they get Chase I’ll definitely be sucked right back in

Just now, ManuManu said:

That’s gonna cost me some money in fantasy football I bet. 

Well I have Mahomes ... but Hill murdered me last week.

Archived