EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I was trying to find his rugby playing weight and I couldn't.  He just looks much thicker in the midsection than he did when he played rugby. 

Yeah, he did look a bit leaner around the middle in his rugby videos.  Wouldn't surprise me if once he stopped playing rugby FT that he's added 15-20 lbs.

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ManuManu

I just read back in this thread.  I didn't realize people were actually being serious about Lurie selling the team...I thought you were referring to the discussion I was having with IP earlier. :lol:

18 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Just wish we had never signed him to that contract, of all of Howie's bad moves, this is one of the worst.

Because why?

3 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I think you have to let Hurts play the rest of the year.  4 games left.....give him the practice time and let's see if the offense looks any better or the same.

Wentz and Doug need to be split up and we need to see which one to keep.

Doug should be gone even if Wentz isn't the one

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

4for4?

Yup. That's the one. He banned or suspended?

7 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

From what I hear, Howie Roseman is like a son to Jeffery Lurie.  I doubt Howie is going anywhere.  If anything, he may bring in a "player/personnel" guy to assist him again.  Just a guess. 

And Joe Banner was Lurie's best friend from childhood... but he moved on from him at a certain point too.   If Howie is back next year... I don't plan to be.

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Doug should be gone even if Wentz isn't the one

Yup. That's the one. He banned or suspended?

Not sure. I know he was suspended awhile back.

7 minutes ago, greend said:

Dude, if you can't tell the difference between all that I can't help you. You're about to be added to the list.

He's overdue.   He's posted some ridiculous way way over the line stuff in here today.  

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

That is the ABSOLUTE WORST possible thing they can do.

Fire Howie.  Keep Howie.  Make up your mind and own it.

But for the love of everything holy, don’t hire another babysitter for our GM.  Either you think he is the man for the job or you don’t.  It’s laughable that this will be the second or third baby sitter that needs to be hired for our bullet proof GM in need of adult supervision who has survived 3 coaching changes and counting.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with it.  But there was a report last week that Howie and Lurie "think alike" and in a sense, they are "tied together". 

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

And Joe Banner was Lurie's best friend from childhood... but he moved on from him at a certain point too.   If Howie is back next year... I don't plan to be.

I’ll be back because it’s the only damn hobby I have, but I’ll be grumpy as hell. 

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

The Jets or Jags will have Lawrence. That will be very attractive. The Chargers have Herbert. That will be attractive. 

Ah yeah, Lawrence. Forgot about that. You’re right there

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

You’ll be back. As will I.

We’ll just be semi-miserable that’s all.

22 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Just wish we had never signed him to that contract, of all of Howie's bad moves, this is one of the worst.

It's easy to say that with hindsight now, but at the time after 2018 it was a no-brainer. The only issues people had about it were injury concerns. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

I’ll be back because it’s the only damn hobby I have, but I’ll be grumpy as hell. 

Me too man. Me too.

I’ll still be around to watch Eagles football next year, no matter what happens. But depending on what happens, I probably won’t be as determined to get sundays off work or order Sunday ticket next year. 

Just now, BDawk_ASamuel said:

It's easy to say that with hindsight now, but at the time after last season it was a no-brainer. The only issues people had about it were injury concerns. 

He's always been a Wentz hater

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I'll probably be back but I admit that it doesn't mean the same to me anymore. 

One lesson to learn from Howie’s bad contracts (and from players around the league like Dak and Clowney)...

Football is an increasingly fickle sport.  Careers are getting shorter and shorter.  Excellence is harder to sustain.

It used to be smart to lock up a player as soon as they broke out...”they will only get more expensive, lock them up now.”  That philosophy has burned this team horribly.

There is a reason the players hate not getting early extensions.  Do not extend any player until they are COMPLETING the last year of their contract.

For every player that gets more expensive, 10 will fall off, tear something, get figured out by the league, miss games and get cheaper.

No early extensions.  For anyone. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Still has the Kolbcussion from Clowney?

1 minute ago, Ace Nova said:

@ManuManu

I just read back in this thread.  I didn't realize people were actually being serious about Lurie selling the team...I thought you were referring to the discussion I was having with IP earlier. :lol:

I've been one of the folks who has brought up that scenario.  I'm not saying that's the ultimate solution but I do question where Lurie's heart is as an owner now.  He's a billionaire.  The Eagles are his money making machine.  He got the SB monkey off his back.  Now he can do things exactly as he sees fit.  He's sounding more and more like Jerry Jones from recent reports.  I always liked the fact that Lurie was the ANTI Jerry Jones.  He stayed away from things.  He owned the team and didn't mess around with much football stuff.  He hired the guys to do the job.  Now we are hearing that he has more of a say on who the team drafts, who he wants to play and such.  

Do I realistically think Lurie should sell the team?  No.  Do I wonder if things might not actually ever get fixed unless he sells the team?  Yes.  

Just now, ManuManu said:

:huh:Wouldn't he have to know though? The play caller gives the QB the plays...

My guess is reporters got confused by what Doug meant by the play calling. Doug did say that it was a collaborative thing with the coaches but ultimately he calls the plays. Then the reports were coming out that Doug gave up play calling

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Why would we keep Howie if he needs someone else to do the job?

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Don't kill the messenger.

I was just going by what has been reported.  And if you think about it, has there been a credible report saying "Howie's job is on the line?"  I haven't seen it.

The reports I've seen all allude to Pederson being on the hot seat and to a lesser extent, Wentz.

Archived