EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

🙋‍♂️

Do you think we could get a GoFundMe started for all of us? Our story is quite a sad one.

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

He could've had a couple picks last week if he'd turn his head around a couple times. I would hope the coaches aren't coaching Slay that way. While I don't like the technique either, I understand deploying it for guys like Maddox and the rest of the seconday. 

I really can’t imagine they trade for Slay to coach him out of looking for the ball. When you’re beat, a lot of times you’re scrambling to get back to the WR and can’t afford to look back for the ball because it slows you down. That’s what happened on the DK deep ball last week. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

I really can’t imagine they trade for Slay to coach him out of looking for the ball. When you’re beat, a lot of times you’re scrambling to get back to the WR and can’t afford to look back for the ball because it slows you down. That’s what happened on the DK deep ball last week. 

I don't think it's as much as Schwartz's coaching as much as it is them getting a guy who's on the back-end of his career, turns 30 in a month, and is becoming injury prone on a team that has a systemic problem with injuries. Slay has been decent this year, but this is the best version we're going to get of him. Not a lot of corners remain elite into their 30s. 

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

then you havent paid attnetion to schwartz defenses for all these years. 

Manu has been on Schwartz side for awhile

Just now, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I don't think it's as much as Schwartz's coaching as much as it is them getting a guy who's on the back-end of his career, turns 30 in a month, and is becoming injury prone on a team that has a systemic problem with injuries. Slay has been decent this year, but this is the best version we're going to get of him. Not a lot of corners remain elite into their 30s. 

I haven't liked them signing anyone near 30. If you're close to 30 then you're likely not gonna last on this team. Hopefully that changes with the new regime

It's become abundantly clear (and has been for a while now) that at least one of Carson or Doug should be gone next year.

Watching how the team played for Hurts tonight reminded me of late 2018.

The question I leave that game with is, what would a Wentz trade even look like? Considering all these "anonymous sources" calling Wentz the second coming of Christ, would a team actually give up decent draft capital for him AND take on that contract? Seems unlikely, but the ego of some of these NFL guys is out of hand.

16 minutes ago, Know Life said:

Do you think we could get a GoFundMe started for all of us? Our story is quite a sad one.

Lol. F___ the Red Zone garbage. Canceled that this year.

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

I for one am glad the Wentz era is coming to an end. Between the injuries, leadership issues, and hero play, I have more than had enough. Looking forward to the rebuild.

This is moronic

You guys realize that Hurts basically played how wentz has played all season right?  I understand that wentz has been in the league longer and is paid to preform better but Hurts basically ran into the same issues Wentz has all year long.  Like many has said the problems run way deeper than the QB.  

With that said I would like to see Hurts play the rest of the year and then let Lurie decide Doug or Wentz one can stay but one has to go at the very least. Probably best to move on from both. 

5 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

This is moronic

It's not, it's in the best interests for both the Eagles and for Wentz to go their separate ways.

I feel bad for Fulgham. He was bound to come back down to earth after the run that he had so it isn't surprising, but the lack of snaps and targets ever since Jeffery came back is discouraging. He did everything you would want a guy in his situation to do and he showed that he could be a contributor to this offense and impact games. It's just a crappy thing to do to a guy like that in favor of a guy who most knew was going to have zero to little impact on the offense. And if I were a player on the team seeing that, it would piss me off. 

2 hours ago, RLC said:

Jalen Hurts looked about as good as Tua did with Miami. Tua has been very unimpressive with Miami. He's been carried by that aggressive Miami defense.

You don’t know what your talking about. 

Tua Stats in 6 games:

898Yards 7TDs 0ints 99.8 QB rating. 

Yeah that’s unimpressive 😒

Don’t know if it means anything but kind of a weird answer. Why should the FO decide who starts? 

6 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

You don’t know what your talking about. 

Tua Stats in 6 games:

898Yards 7TDs 0ints 99.8 QB rating. 

Yeah that’s unimpressive 😒

Have you watched Miami play?

Also, those stars are bad for 6 games!

2 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

I'm actually relieved that the Hurts spark went out - not as criticism of Hurts in any way, shape for form, but on the lines of the Eagles can't delude themselves that a comeback win will cure the ills.

This team stinks and gets what it deserves.

Howie just solidified an extension after today's game 

4 minutes ago, RLC said:

Have you watched Miami play?

Also, those stars are bad for 6 games!

The impressive part is the 0 INTs.  But 150 yards and just over 1 TD per game isn't exactly the stuff of a future Canton induction.

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Don’t know if it means anything but kind of a weird answer. Why should the FO decide who starts? 

Who starts at Safety should come down to the head coach and front office.????

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don't know the context of his answer, but I'm assuming that someone asked him for his take on who should start and he correctly answered with that. It's not Mills's duty to give an answer on that. 

Archived