EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

29 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I've said this too.  I don't think this team truly can turn it around unless Lurie sold the team.  I think he's more interested in adding to his billions before he adds to his trophy case.  The Eagles are his business and they rake in cash.  He got his SB trophy.  He will forever be the great Eagles owner in charge of that.  But I just think his desire to win another isn't as great as it was to win the first one.

I disagree. I think Lurie is a very aggressive owner and a good one at that too. He pulled the ripcord on Chip when others probably would have given him another season or two. He seems to have a good pulse on this type of stuff and the last time he made a decision like that, it led to a quick turn around and a Super Bowl. He's already set the precedent doing that, and I don't think he'll have any trepidation in shaking things up again. 

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you have to let Hurts play the rest of the year.  4 games left.....give him the practice time and let's see if the offense looks any better or the same.

Wentz and Doug need to be split up and we need to see which one to keep.

13 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

This team just has absolutely no direction. The Eagle fandom is being pulled out of me this season. 

Mine was pulled out before the season.  In all honesty, all the political stuff all winter and spring  just turned me off and I really let my emotional connection to the Eagles go.  It helps a ton because it allows you to look at the team in a 100% realistic way rather than behind Eagles shaded glasses.  I love to discuss the team and try to figure out what's going right and wrong and how to fix things but I just don't care.  

7 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

No one called for him to sell the team.  That was a "hypothetical situation" catering to the post that stated "Lurie would never trade Wentz". The point was that I don't believe it to be the case.

I'll try to find it and delete it...it's obviously getting misconstrued. 

Wrong. People have called for him to sell the team in here. 

1 minute ago, Ipiggles said:

agree 100%  the hate for wentz has been there even in 2017.

in philly the back up QB is always the most popular player.

Well you're in luck then, because golden boy is now the backup.

3 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Ah, so name calling is ok when it suits you.

Just giving you helpful advice. You’re usually better than this 

24 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I've thought that too.  You watch his rugby highlights and he was huge, nimble fastish.  I'm pretty sure he's added weight to play tackle in the NFL and I'm sure that's taken away some of that flexibility.  

Very different movements running forward in rugby than shuffling backwards, etc. 

Just now, schuy7 said:

It would've been nice to see what he could do with a better QB here. The offense in '11 and '12 could move the ball; they just couldn't stop turning it over. Vick was atrocious with that.

He never put it all together here.  AR was one of the primary drivers who paved the road for the passing offenses we see today.

When he started off with Mcnabb, he failed to get good weapons...he couldnt figure out how to draft WRs.  He had one year of both, 2004, and that SB is when Mcnabb’s cracks started to show.

After that, AR really started to figure it out, but he never had the QB.  Mcnabb was a lot worse than he would have looked in any other offense with any other coach at that point.  Vick had enticing tools, but he was just too far gone in terms of reads and refinement.

At that point, AR had perfected his blueprint.  He had a team that quit on him and no qb prospects though.

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol not sure if it's sad or funny that this made me think of that one guy. Can't think of the name but haven't seen him on the board in awhile. Anyone know who I'm thinking of? Was he banned or just taking a break?

4for4?

2 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

let me ask you something, do you actually enjoy seeing this offense not move the ball? i mean is loving a player like carson that important that you rather lose games, not scoring tds, not moving the ball? seems like you are happy with wentz and not care about losses and low scoring games.

of course i dont, thats just stupid and i agree wentz is not playing well.  My contention is, the oline and wrs and play calling are that bad it wont matter who the qb is.

Wentz was a good qb, Howie and doug broke him.  He needs to move on now, will never play well here again. 

are you happy they broke a guy who was a league mvp type player? Im not, i know how hard they are to fimd

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I would guess for the Hurts folks it’s about trajectory. Wentz has been putrid. Hurts flashed and has theoretical upside. 

It’s a S season, I say let people be excited about something. 

Hurts folks? You mean idiots that hate Wentz and always have? Why would anyone be a fan of the backup quarterback and hope that the starter does poorly otherwise?

If Hurts somehow wins the starting job I'll be glad to root for him and was today to win this game. But otherwise why would I give two farts about him?

12 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Not entirely sure about adding weight.  From what I can recall he's always been listed around 345 from the time he decided to do the NFL International Camp.  Maybe before that he may have put on a little weight to get ready for the camp, but pretty sure from that camp til now he's pretty much been right around 345. 

I was trying to find his rugby playing weight and I couldn't.  He just looks much thicker in the midsection than he did when he played rugby. 

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

everyone?  Nah... Hurts did what I expected.  Ran quite a bit.  Made some nice throws.  Made some bad throws.  Ultimate result was about the same with Hurts as it was with Wentz.  4th quarter scoring drive when the game was all but lost.  He led 1 scoring drive... just 1.  It wasn't some great coming out party for Hurts.  He was ok.  Moving forward, we'll see what happens, but this team is just as broken with Hurts behind center as with Wentz there.  The ultimate result for this season should still be the same.  Clean house.   Remove Howie, bring in a new GM.  The new GM hires a new HC and full coaching staff of his choosing.  And the HC and GM decide what to do with the roster.  They decide if Wentz is salvageable.  They decide if Hurts is the direction they want to go.  But, I see Wentz coming back in 2021.  I just don't see them making the trade and dumping him, though... if they really don't believe in him, they could get out of that contract with a trade.  I know teams would be lining up to trade for him.  

From what I hear, Howie Roseman is like a son to Jeffery Lurie.  I doubt Howie is going anywhere.  If anything, he may bring in a "player/personnel" guy to assist him again.  Just a guess. 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Just giving you helpful advice. You’re usually better than this 

He’s having a really bad day. Maybe worse than Wentz’s. Unfortunately Wentz can’t delete his bad plays. 

1 minute ago, greend said:

Hurts folks? You mean idiots that hate Wentz and always have? Why would anyone be a fan of the backup quarterback and hope that the starter does poorly otherwise?

If Hurts somehow wins the starting job I'll be glad to root for him and was today to win this game. But otherwise why would I give two farts about him?

I guess I skipped over those posts. 

2 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

Well you're in luck then, because golden boy is now the backup.

nah wentz ia done here, he has to move on.

the sad part some are missing is how long it will take to find a franchise qb to replace him

1 minute ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Fine. I won't call Jeff a hymie even if that's what he is. I won't call Howie a schlemiel, even though that's what he is. And I won't call Doug a schmuck or a putz even though that's what he is. Fair?

Dude, if you can't tell the difference between all that I can't help you. You're about to be added to the list.

Sure, it’s only one of 32 NFL HC jobs in the world. But compared to the other openings? I doubt we’ll be in the top two most desirable openings. 

We’d at least be ranked above Houston. Don’t know how attractive the Jacksonville job really is even with the extra draft picks, same with Jets. Those are two organizations that have a revolving door at HC. But then again we’ll see, I was surprised when a respect coach like Rivera chose Washington. 

But if there’s a coach who believes they can fix Wentz it could be attractive. I think Atlanta would be at top of list as most attractive 

2 minutes ago, greend said:

yeah me as well. 

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Sure, it’s only one of 32 NFL HC jobs in the world. But compared to the other openings? I doubt we’ll be in the top two most desirable openings. 

If Lurie makes a change he’ll have his pick of who he wants. We’re all frustrated.

15 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I have no idea what their plan is; I’m not sure there is one.

Dillard is already very, very far behind the 8 ball at his age.

Mailata still has a long way to go.  If Dillard were to surprise and lock down LT next year while Lane and Mailata platoon...that gives Mailata a controlled development option.  Then come the trade deadline or next offseason (depending on contractual fine print), you look to move Lane. 

That's my plan.  lol 

I agree with you on Dillard... and if a LT is sitting there at wherever the Eagles are picking in round 1... then so be it.  Take the LT.

He’s having a really bad day. Maybe worse than Wentz’s. Unfortunately Wentz can’t delete his bad plays. 

I guess I skipped over those posts. 

nah you just overlook them

1 minute ago, Ace Nova said:

From what I hear, Howie Roseman is like a son to Jeffery Lurie.  I doubt Howie is going anywhere.  If anything, he may bring in a "player/personnel" guy to assist him again.  Just a guess. 

That is the ABSOLUTE WORST possible thing they can do.

Fire Howie.  Keep Howie.  Make up your mind and own it.

But for the love of everything holy, don’t hire another babysitter for our GM.  Either you think he is the man for the job or you don’t.  It’s laughable that this will be the second or third baby sitter that needs to be hired for our bullet proof GM in need of adult supervision who has survived 3 coaching changes and counting.

1 minute ago, Ace Nova said:

Why would we keep Howie if he needs someone else to do the job?

5 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Fine. I won't call Jeff a hymie even if that's what he is. I won't call Howie a schlemiel, even though that's what he is. And I won't call Doug a schmuck or a putz even though that's what he is. Fair?

Found DeSean's burner account. 

3 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

We’d at least be ranked above Houston. Don’t know how attractive the Jacksonville job really is even with the extra draft picks, same with Jets. Those are two organizations that have a revolving door at HC. But then again we’ll see, I was surprised when a respect coach like Rivera chose Washington. 

But if there’s a coach who believes they can fix Wentz it could be attractive. I think Atlanta would be at top of list as most attractive 

The Jets or Jags will have Lawrence. That will be very attractive. The Chargers have Herbert. That will be attractive. 

Archived