EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

7 minutes ago, macgregor said:

I still don't get the Wentz coddling. And part of the coddling is the attacks on Roseman. Let me ask, if Carson was playing SB football, in spite of injuries, would we still NOT have good enough receivers? Would our defense NOT be good enough to win games? If Hurts threw that TD pass after they pulled out Carson from a blowout win, would the team NOT be a QB factory? Wentz COULD make Doug look better if he played like 2017. Doug would never have been in such tough situations, looking like an absolute idiot letting team pass the ball pass 5x as much as run the ball, if it was successful.

WENTZ is the main problem.

Sanders got 10 touches yesterday 

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

That's Wentz's fault too.  

4 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

They bought authentics  

Wentz is like an authentic. One way or another, we have to keep him a few years. Maybe someone will offer us something fom(Hell if the rams could trade Bradford...). Doug however, is more expendable. I could maybe like him as team manager style coach that delegates more to other offensive and defensive geniuses. He lacks the fundamental understanding to be a play designing, play calling head coach. He certainly WANTS to be. He wants to learn on Jeff's dime. I don't see it happening though.

19 minutes ago, macgregor said:

I still don't get the Wentz coddling. And part of the coddling is the attacks on Roseman. Let me ask, if Carson was playing SB football, in spite of injuries, would we still NOT have good enough receivers? Would our defense NOT be good enough to win games? If Hurts threw that TD pass after they pulled out Carson from a blowout win, would the team NOT be a QB factory? Wentz COULD make Doug look better if he played like 2017. Doug would never have been in such tough situations, looking like an absolute idiot letting team pass the ball pass 5x as much as run the ball, if it was successful.

WENTZ is the main problem.

Yes the WRs would still be an issue. As I have pointed out in the all 22 multiple times. yes sometimes they get open and he missed them. Over the last three weeks the guy who’s actually gotten open the most open of the wide receivers down the field has actually been Greg Ward.

Other times they do not run good routes (reagor, fulgham and Hightower— and if you watch the coaching tape it’s pretty obvious if you watch it). In two weeks we have one wide receiver not run the correct play that would’ve been a touchdown if you ran the play properly but didn’t know it. And another play where he ran into the running back which blew up the play without the defense doing anything

Let me also add we are calling slow developing plays to get them open with an offensive line that can’t block for that long. Let me point out a play in the Seahawks game that i broke down from the all 22. Late fourth quarter. Third to last drive. We run a go route down the seam with Hightower. What shouldve gone for a touchdown except Matt pryor couldn’t block his guy off the snap so wentz has to roll to the left and there’s no way when he’s rolling to the left he’s throwing across the other side of the field to get it to hightower for the td. So a touchdown taken off the board because you’re right tackle couldn’t block from the start of the play. But I’m guessing you surely noticed that in that game. Because I’m guessing you watched the film of that game from the coaching tape  

I know for a fact people don’t watch the all 22 on here because if you did you'd have complained more about pryor last week costing the eagles points  

Let me put it this way even if Carson was playing well this wide receiving group is the bottom 10 in the league so no they would not be good enough. I’m sorry i don’t think reagor, jeffery, Ward, fulgham and Hightower are really keeping defensive coordinators up at night  

7 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Well that's wrong and Doug will be gone because he can't call an offense.

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

That's Wentz's fault too.  

Yeah, I’ve tried to tone down the Doug-bashing today because I’ve been a broken record on it — but this was the easiest game all season to game plan for.  The Eagles went into Lambeau just last season as a 1-3 team playing against a 3-0 Packers team and got a victory by bludgeoning them with the run.  Sanders and Howard had a combined 26 carries for 159 yards and 2 TD.  Doug could have gone home to his family every day by 2pm this past week, the game plan should have been so obvious.  Every loss the Packers have this season is because the opponent has bludgeoned them with the run.

Instead, he did what he always does — what he wants to do, even when what’s happening on the field isn’t working.  QB struggling, OL can’t pass protect, let’s pass and pass and pass some more

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yes the WRs would still be an issue. As I have pointed out in the all 22 multiple times. yes sometimes they get open and he missed them. Over the last three weeks the guy who’s actually gotten open the most open of the wide receivers down the field has actually been Greg Ward.

Other times they do not run good routes (reagor, fulgham and Hightower— and if you watch the coaching tape it’s pretty obvious if you watch it). In two weeks we have one wide receiver not run the correct play that would’ve been a touchdown if you ran the play properly but didn’t know it. And another play where he ran into the running back which blew up the play without the defense doing anything

Let me also add we are calling slow developing plays to get them open with an offensive line that can’t block for that long. Let me point out a play in the Seahawks game that i broke down from the all 22. Late fourth quarter. Third to last drive. We run a go route down the seam with Hightower. What shouldve gone for a touchdown except Matt pryor couldn’t block his guy off the snap so wentz has to roll to the left and there’s no way when he’s rolling to the left he’s throwing across the other side of the field to get it to hightower for the td. So a touchdown taken off the board because you’re right tackle couldn’t block from the start of the play. But I’m guessing you surely noticed that in that game. Because I’m guessing you watched the film of that game from the coaching tape  

I know for a fact people don’t watch the all 22 on here because if you did you'd have complained more about pryor last week costing the eagles points  

Let me put it this way even if Carson was playing well this wide receiving group is the bottom 10 in the league so no they would not be good enough. I’m sorry i don’t think reagor, jeffery, Ward, fulgham and Hightower are really keeping defensive coordinators up at night  

This might be my number 1 gripe with this team.  They call more slow developing plays than anyone with possibly the worst OL in football right now.  Defenses are boxing all the receivers in, and nobody is afraid of getting beat deep.  

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Yeah, I’ve tried to tone down the Doug-bashing today because I’ve been a broken record on it — but this was the easiest game all season to game plan for.  The Eagles went into Lambeau just last season as a 1-3 team playing against a 3-0 Packers team and got a victory by bludgeoning them with the run.  Sanders and Howard had a combined 26 carries for 159 yards and 2 TD.  Doug could have gone home to his family every day by 2pm this past week, the game plan should have been so obvious.  Every loss the Packers have this season is because the opponent has bludgeoned them with the run.

Instead, he did what he always does — what he wants to do, even when what’s happening on the field isn’t working.  QB struggling, OL can’t pass protect, let’s pass and pass and pass some more

I didn’t count when I watched the TV tape the second time. I was going to when I watch the all 22 how many times the Packers were in the base formation on 1st and 2nd down. I’m guessing in this game knowing that the Eagles pass offense was struggling that they played more base then they played all season. I don’t know what their numbers are. I just know based off what I’ve read on the athletic m and my friend who’s a diehard Green Bay Packers fan that they play a lot of nickel even when it’s a run down. they will concede yards on the ground to stop the pass

FT has looked a lot better since Alex Smith took over.  They might just upset the Steelers. 

14 minutes ago, hputenis said:

This might be my number 1 gripe with this team.  They call more slow developing plays than anyone with possibly the worst OL in football right now.  Defenses are boxing all the receivers in, and nobody is afraid of getting beat deep.  

It’s really maddening when you watch the tape and you see them having slow developing plays down the field and the offensive line you know it’s not good enough to hold up that long.  We are not playing with the 2017 Philadelphia Eagles oline. Yet we seem to think we are 

people killed wentz for taking the sack on 3rd and 11 to take them out of field-goal range. he should’ve left the pocket so he could’ve just thrown it away without getting an intentional grounding call. (Second frame— should’ve ran not waited for the WRs who are still running their routes and they are covered). However the play formation was three guys to the left outside of the hash and every single one of those wide receivers is running a route either two or 10 yards past the line to gain. That is a slow developing play because you take time for the wide receivers to get there and they are intermediate to long routes. Two of the wide receivers were ward and fulgham. Add on the running back stayed in top block and help mailata and still forced wentz to move to his right and the packers having 7 guys back nearly the line to gain. Here’s the sequence

CF609300-109E-4063-8E0F-2C18A537D20B.jpeg

8A144B93-7BD5-4C84-9119-FFBFAFCA56CA.jpeg

383FC4D4-184F-4C78-ABC2-C32F023946DD.jpeg

B2729E7E-F49A-4C98-82B3-CDF12BE74890.jpeg

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I didn’t count when I watched the TV tape the second time. I was going to when I watch the all 22 how many times the Packers were in the base formation on 1st and 2nd down. I’m guessing in this game knowing that the Eagles pass offense was struggling that they played more base then they played all season. I don’t know what their numbers are. I just know based off what I’ve read on the athletic m and my friend who’s a diehard Green Bay Packers fan that they play a lot of nickel even when it’s a run down. they will concede yards on the ground to stop the pass

According to the pre-game analysis I heard on NFL Radio the Packers play dime (6 DB) as a base defense in a lot of situations.  Worked against the Eagles.

4 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

FT has looked a lot better since Alex Smith took over.  They might just upset the Steelers. 

Eagles are on the fast track to last place in the NFCE the next year or two

Just now, Alphagrand said:

According to the pre-game analysis I heard on NFL Radio the Packers play dime (6 DB) as a base defense in a lot of situations.  Worked against the Eagles.

Yeah they tend to not play in base formation very often. that’s why when I go to watch the all 22 I want to count how many times they were not in base especially early in the game and on 1/2nd down to see how many times they were. 

unless someone on here knows where i can find that stat for individual games. 

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

If they played dime as a base formation, and we chose to run the ball a miniscule amount of times, the entire coaching staff should be fired, re-hired, then fired again.  

26 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yes the WRs would still be an issue  

You mean Alshon Jeffery and Greg Ward playing the majority of the game is a bad thing? 

image.gif.4db2fbd16398439d268429974adbdc9f.gif

10 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Giants and Washington in the same week beating the 11-0 Steelers and 8-4 Seahawks. Kind figured if Alex Smith could just get back to something close to what he was prior to the injury that they would be competitive with their defense. He’s not a bad quarterback. At least before his injury he wasn’t a bad quarterback. He just wasn’t great. He was good just not good enough to get good teams over the hump. 

8 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Eagles are on the fast track to last place in the NFCE the next year or two

Forget about next year, if we don't beat Dallas we finish in last place in the NFC East this year.

If anything else, I hope this makes the Eagles concede this season and just focus on playing only their young guys the rest of the way.

Give up on the division.

Eagles move in to top 5 with a Washington win right?

oh F nevermind. I thought washington was still picking ahead of us. Its Dallas. 

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

If anything else, I hope this makes the Eagles concede this season and just focus on playing only their young guys the rest of the way.

Give up on the division.

We’re only a game and a half out we can still win this thing !! 

the road to the 21st overall pick starts sunday 😈

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

You mean Alshon Jeffery and Greg Ward playing the majority of the game is a bad thing? 

image.gif.4db2fbd16398439d268429974adbdc9f.gif

I mean I can bring up the list again of every teams group of wide receivers. We can through and see how many of those teams are better or worse at the current moment. That should be fun activity

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Giants and Washington in the same week beating the 11-0 Steelers and 8-4 Seahawks. Kind figured if Alex Smith could just get back to something close to what he was prior to the injury that they would be competitive with their defense. He’s not a bad quarterback. At least before his injury he wasn’t a bad quarterback. He just wasn’t great. He was good just not good enough to get good teams over the hump. 

Washington and Giants are improving as the season goes on and showing some promise for next year while the eagles is benching qbs trying to find something they can do well.

I'm starting to get used to all these weekday NFL games....they should look into continuing it post-Covid days, imo.

16 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Everything works against the Eagles 

Archived