EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, Ace Nova said:

I'm starting to get used to all these weekday NFL games....they should look into continuing it post-Covid days, imo.

They’ve always wanted to do it and now they have an excuse. I agree they should keep it going. Wednesday afternoon football last week was a nice surprise

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

I'm starting to get used to all these weekday NFL games....they should look into continuing it post-Covid days, imo.

Have two monday, Tuesday and Thursday games this week. I imagine this is what heaven is like. 

2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

I think it’ll happen and with so many people working from home having late afternoon games would make sense. 

13 minutes ago, metal said:

Forget about next year, if we don't beat Dallas we finish in last place in the NFC East this year.

Well currently if we lose out  we finish last place in the entire NFC. Forget the NFC East. There are only 2 teams in the NFC with only 3 wins. Us and the cowboys. Gonna be a tight finish :)

36 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Yeah, I’ve tried to tone down the Doug-bashing today because I’ve been a broken record on it — but this was the easiest game all season to game plan for.  The Eagles went into Lambeau just last season as a 1-3 team playing against a 3-0 Packers team and got a victory by bludgeoning them with the run.  Sanders and Howard had a combined 26 carries for 159 yards and 2 TD.  Doug could have gone home to his family every day by 2pm this past week, the game plan should have been so obvious.  Every loss the Packers have this season is because the opponent has bludgeoned them with the run.

Instead, he did what he always does — what he wants to do, even when what’s happening on the field isn’t working.  QB struggling, OL can’t pass protect, let’s pass and pass and pass some more

Not to mention they started the game running the ball. IT WAS WORKING. We moved the ball down the field first drive, ate the clock keeping the ball out of Rodgers hands, and got the first lead we’ve had in 4 weeks. They ran the ball 7 times the first drive. Then followed that up by abandoning it and only ran the ball a total of 10 times for the rest of the game... Doug just can’t help himself. Regardless who’s playing, how the game is going, who were playing the man just has to be pass happy. 

He needs to go first before anyone else. 

4 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I think it’ll happen and with so many people working from home having late afternoon games would make sense. 

meh

1 minute ago, wtfcares said:

Not to mention they started the game running the ball. IT WAS WORKING. We moved the ball down the field first drive, ate the clock keeping the ball out of Rodgers hands, and got the first lead we’ve had in 4 weeks. They ran the ball 7 times the first drive. Then followed that up by abandoning it and only ran the ball a total of 10 times for the rest of the game... Doug just can’t help himself. Regardless who’s playing, how the game is going, who were playing the man just has to be pass happy. 

He needs to go first before anyone else. 

More impressive sanders had 5 carries on the first drive and then 5 carries the rest of the game.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

More impressive sanders had 5 carries on the first drive and then 5 carries the rest of the game.

The lack of snaps/touches for Sanders is nothing short of a travesty. He’s by far our best weapon. There’s absolutely no reason for Scott to be out there are much as he is. 

I think the Eagles need swap McLeod and Wallace. The book on Wallace is that he’s worse the farther he gets away from the football. Not sure why Schwartz decided to play him deep and bring McLeod into the box. 

24 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Giants and Washington in the same week beating the 11-0 Steelers and 8-4 Seahawks. Kind figured if Alex Smith could just get back to something close to what he was prior to the injury that they would be competitive with their defense. He’s not a bad quarterback. At least before his injury he wasn’t a bad quarterback. He just wasn’t great. He was good just not good enough to get good teams over the hump. 

I see you need to hit a certain amount of words in your essay.

8 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

The lack of snaps/touches for Sanders is nothing short of a travesty. He’s by far our best weapon. There’s absolutely no reason for Scott to be out there are much as he is. 

The only thing I could think of is they don’t trust Miles Sanders in pass protection. Because he hasn’t been very good at it this year compared to what he was last year. However Boston Scott has not been much better at it. He had two plays in that game yesterday where he just completely missed his assignment and the guy went right by him and nailed the quarterback

Just now, Swoop said:

I see you need to hit a certain amount of words in your essay.

I wanted to be clear he wasn’t great and he was better than average. Lol 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Was he hurt after that first drive?  It felt like I only saw Howard and Scott on the field until the 2nd half.  I wonder if his blitz pickups are so horrendous this year that they take him off the field.  

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Receivers that get open to help their QB out when the pocket breaks down. Must be nice

It’s like I’m watching the 4th quarter of yesterday’s game.

Just now, SBorBust said:

It’s important the Eagles lose out. There are a lot of teams with 4 wins right now.

Anyone have the current tiebreakers?

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

3 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

That's on Duce. Another reason I don't want to promote him. He can't even put the best RB we have onto the field. He's constantly taking Sanders out

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The only thing I could think of is they don’t trust Miles Sanders in pass protection. Because he hasn’t been very good at it this year compared to what he was last year. However Boston Scott has been much better at it. He had two plays in that game yesterday where he just completely missed his assignment and the guy went right by him and nailed the quarterback

None of our RBs can pass protect this year. It’s baffling. 

Just now, hputenis said:

Was he hurt after that first drive?  It felt like I only saw Howard and Scott on the field until the 2nd half.  I wonder if his blitz pickups are so horrendous this year that they take him off the field.  

Yeah I just said the same thing about his blitz pick ups. However if that’s the case Boston Scott has been as bad. One of the reasons why I think they brought in Jordan Howard is they trust him in pass protection.

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I think the Eagles need swap McLeod and Wallace. The book on Wallace is that he’s worse the farther he gets away from the football. Not sure why Schwartz decided to play him deep and bring McLeod into the box. 

Based on the personnel decisions made by this team this entire season, I am surprised Schwartz didn't isolate Hargrave on Davante Adams with no safety help.  

Archived