EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Anyone have the current tiebreakers?

The tie is going to eliminate the need for most of them. However, draft tiebreaker is combined opponents record (worst picks first in Round 1, then they go to the back of the line and everyone moves up one in subsequent rounds.

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

None of our RBs can pass protect this year. It’s baffling. 

What’s more puzzling about it is is you know duce harps on it. Or in the past he has. Cause he talked about it multiple times last year. yet all of them have been horrific at it. I don’t get how they gone from being solid at it last year to just being awful at it this year. 

5 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Josh Allen has a cannon.

Probably not popular opinion but I am still not a Josh Allen fan.  All the talent in the world, but I don't think his style of play will ever get them deep into the playoffs.  

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I think the Eagles need swap McLeod and Wallace. The book on Wallace is that he’s worse the farther he gets away from the football. Not sure why Schwartz decided to play him deep and bring McLeod into the box. 

He’s not good.

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

Probably not popular opinion but I am still not a Josh Allen fan.  All the talent in the world, but I don't think his style of play will ever get them deep into the playoffs.  

I think it depends on who they match up with each round. I can see them beating the Steelers. I think they’re more than capable of doing that. If they come across the Chiefs and they’re going to at some point they’re not gonna beat that team. Titans i think it depends on the week. That team on defense is bipolar. Titans destroyed them a couple weeks back but they also had like 2+ weeks to prepare  

5 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Based on the personnel decision made by this team this entire season, I am surprised Schwartz didn't isolate Hargrave on Davante Adams with no safety help.  

Schwartz needs to go. Our Offense is so bad it’s taken heat off of him. We’ve sucked on D for 3 years.

Just now, ManuManu said:

Never in a million years would I have dreamed Josh Allen would decisively be the better QB than Wentz. 2020...

Allen is what Wentz used to be. It's depressing. 

10 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I think the Eagles need swap McLeod and Wallace. The book on Wallace is that he’s worse the farther he gets away from the football. Not sure why Schwartz decided to play him deep and bring McLeod into the box. 

Because this coaching staff insists on fitting square pegs into round holes... same logic as to why they throw flanker screens to Ward rather than Reagor.  Or run Boston Scott in short yardage.  McLeod is a good centerfielder... Wallace is better as a SS near the LOS, so of course you line up McLeod in the box as a SS and put Wallace 20 yards off the LOS.  It's simple.

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Never in a million years would I have dreamed Josh Allen would decisively be the better QB than Wentz. 2020...

I give buffalo credit for going out there and getting Stefon diggs. He is on his way to career high in catches and yards. He has really made a difference in that offense.They may have paid a fortune for him but it’s turned out to be a good trade for them cause it’s helped elevate Allen’s game. 

13 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

It’s important the Eagles lose out. There are a lot of teams with 4 wins right now.

Washington has 5 now... who saw that coming?

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Because this coaching staff insists on fitting square pegs into round holes... same logic as to why they throw flanker screens to Ward rather than Reagor.  Or run Boston Scott in short yardage.  McLeod is a good centerfielder... Wallace is better as a SS near the LOS, so of course you line up McLeod in the box as a SS and put Wallace 20 yards off the LOS.  It's simple.

I’m still trying to figure out what the heck McLeod was doing on that 52 yard reception by DK Metcalf. He legitimately did nothing on the play

14 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Anyone have the current tiebreakers?

With the tie, it's pretty irrelevant for the Eagles.

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What’s more puzzling about it is is you know duce harps on it. Or in the past he has. Cause he talked about it multiple times last year. yet all of them have been horrific at it. I don’t get how they gone from being solid at it last year to just being awful at it this year. 

This is not talked about enough.  The only explanation I have is the OL is such an ish storm that these RBs have no clue where the extra rusher will end up.  

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Washington has 5 now... who saw that coming?

Have a shot at 8 wins. Play SF, Seahawks, Carolina and eagles. Their defense is good and their offense is enough to beat the Niners and Eagles. 

15 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

None of our RBs can pass protect this year. It’s baffling. 

Systemic dysfunction.  It's why I want everyone gone.

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m still trying to figure out what the heck McLeod was doing on that 52 yard reception by DK Metcalf. He legitimately did nothing on the play

He wants a better draft pick too.

9 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

Schwartz needs to go. Our Offense is so bad it’s taken heat off of him. We’ve sucked on D for 3 years.

Laughing Hysterically GIF - Laughing Hysterically ArnoldSchwarzenegger -  Discover & Share GIFs

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Systemic dysfunction.  It's why I want everyone gone.

im sure its all wentzs fault and will all be fixed now that wentz is on the bench

I would love to see that play the bills just ran, run with Jalen reagor.

13 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

We need a new system

this is stale and broken

19 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Carson.

Wentz.

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

We need a new system

this is stale and broken

Stale: Doug
Broken: Howie

Yep... sounds about right.

@hputenis  Glad I'm not the only one who read it that way.  :roll:

Question, though.  Is that usable for the "quotes that apply to your mom" thread?  Do you have to use the entire quote or just the good part?

26 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The only thing I could think of is they don’t trust Miles Sanders in pass protection. Because he hasn’t been very good at it this year compared to what he was last year. However Boston Scott has not been much better at it. He had two plays in that game yesterday where he just completely missed his assignment and the guy went right by him and nailed the quarterback

If they don’t think Sanders is good enough at pass protection then they need to work on it with him. That’s literally the coaches job. They all act like the only role a coach has is to call plays. Like you said, it’s not like Scott has been any better. Sanders is your best weapon, it’s your job to help him develop and get him on the field as much as possible. 

Solak hit on a very similar point on his podcast after yesterday’s game. Apparently they’re saying they’re playing Jeffrey over Fulgham because Fulgham isn’t as good at spacing in his routes. You have a player in Fulgham that fell magically right into your laps and performed excellent for 4 weeks. If he somehow issues with spacing his routes WORK ON IT WITH HIM. That’s literally the coaches jobs. You have a player with phenomenal physical ability(the toughest part to find in a player) work with him on the routes and get him on the field! 

Archived