EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I would love to see that play the bills just ran, run with Jalen reagor.

I counted 3 plays on that drive, including that TD pass with motion misdirection and rolling out the athletic QB, that had more creativity than anything that has been dialed up by our 27 offensive coaches.    

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

@hputenis  Glad I'm not the only one who read it that way.  :roll:

Question, though.  Is that usable for the "quotes that apply to your mom" thread?  Do you have to use the entire quote or just the good part?

No, I believe you can definitely take snippets and post them in that thread.  I've done it a few times.  

Giants beat the Seahawks... 

Washington beats the Steelers...

What are the odds that Dallas can beat the Ravens tomorrow? 

The front office doesn't fully believe in the coaching staff.

The team doesn't fully believe in the QB.

Organizational cohesiveness was the entire reason Howie/Doug/Carson happened. Get rid of them all. It's over.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

That would be something.  The same week we bench Wentz all 3 of our division rivals pull off upsets and leave us in the basement. 

23 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Probably not popular opinion but I am still not a Josh Allen fan.  All the talent in the world, but I don't think his style of play will ever get them deep into the playoffs.  

Looks like a more athletic and faster Wentz. Great when out of the pocket with throws downfield on the run. Still only his second year and if he can stay healthy after year 2 unlike Wentz he has def chance to grow did become better on the mental side of things. Right now if he does not see read number 1 he just takes off looking for receivers downfield.

2 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I counted 3 plays on that drive, including that TD pass with motion misdirection and rolling out the athletic QB, that had more creativity than anything that has been dialed up by our 27 offensive coaches.    

Watching two of the teams that probably on film have the maximize the players they do have and are very creative. I like watching Carolina, niners, bills. The first two might not powerhouse offenses but they are very creative with the personnel they do have. I would say the rams but Goff ruins it for me cause i just don’t think he’s that good. I feel their offense with a better QB is likely on another level but it’s limited to his ability. 

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I think the Ravens get everyone back tomorrow, but it wouldn't surprise me.  They seem to be regressing, and Lamar Jackson has been somewhat figured out in the passing game.  if Andy Dalton plays, I think they have a shot.  If not, no way.  

Just now, hputenis said:

I think the Ravens get everyone back tomorrow, but it wouldn't surprise me.  They seem to be regressing, and Lamar Jackson has been somewhat figured out in the passing game.  if Andy Dalton plays, I think they have a shot.  If not, no way.  

I’d be willing to bet the Giants are going to beat the Cardinals in week 14. That has all the makings of an upset. I don’t know what the line is but I’d take the giants. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d be willing to bet the Giants are going to beat the Cardinals in week 14. That has all the makings of an upset. I don’t know what the line is but I’d take the giants. 

Definitely.

3 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I won't say that that would make me happy.... but I can't say that I'd be upset about it.

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Agreed. The Cardinals' offense is a little stale right now, but as always in the NFL, it's week-to-week/any given Sunday/a matchup league.

2 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

Looks like a more athletic and faster Wentz. Great when out of the pocket with throws downfield on the run. Still only his second year and if he can stay healthy after year 2 unlike Wentz he has def chance to grow did become better on the mental side of things. Right now if he does not see read number 1 he just takes off looking for receivers downfield.

This is what I see from him, and since his receivers are so good, he can get away with it.  He runs dangerously too.  I'm surprised he hasn't gotten hurt yet.  

Isn't this his 3rd year in the league?  If so, I still agree with you.  If he can improve his ability to make progressions and pre-snap reads, he would be unstoppable.  I just don't have much faith that he'll ever be able to do that at a high level.  Most athletic QBs with a rocket arm always seen to rely on those abilities.  

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Yay 12 personnel.

I heard Doug was working on a new 05 personnel group, just for you.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Will be a tight finish for the division.. I'm team wft to win the nfce. I like Alex Smith and Rivera.

Eagles average draft position was 7th according to the algorithm 

4207CC47-89E1-43FB-BCA0-1DCAA488CD2F.png

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Yay 12 personnel.

I actually like Ace but if you won't run the ball then you negate the advantages

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I heard Doug was working on a new 05 personnel group, just for you.

I mean, if we could go Ertz/Goedert/JJAW/Jeffery/Ward, it’s 05 to me.

2 minutes ago, hputenis said:

This is what I see from him, and since his receivers are so good, he can get away with it.  He runs dangerously too.  I'm surprised he hasn't gotten hurt yet.  

Isn't this his 3rd year in the league?  If so, I still agree with you.  If he can improve his ability to make progressions and pre-snap reads, he would be unstoppable.  I just don't have much faith that he'll ever be able to do that at a high level.  Most athletic QBs with a rocket arm always seen to rely on those abilities.  

You're right. It is his third year. I agree to your point as well. If it's a tight playoff game that kind of qb play can get you in trouble. Plus he's young and fast now so he can get away for a couple of years but it just not sustainable for long term success. He would need to learn the mental part of playing qb. Hes definitely better than I thought he would turn out after his rookie year. 

15 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Cowboys had basically a bye week and there’s still some Ravens out due to COVID like Andrews and Judon. Maybe they have a fighters chance.

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Eagles average draft position was 7th according to the algorithm 

4207CC47-89E1-43FB-BCA0-1DCAA488CD2F.png

We need to somehow beat the chargers and cowboys and make a comeback to sneak into the 4th pole position :)

4 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Agreed. The Cardinals' offense is a little stale right now, but as always in the NFL, it's week-to-week/any given Sunday/a matchup league. 

the league has really caught up to how the Cardinals run Kyler Murray. He’s been contained over the last couple weeks (sadly i bet we don’t). I don’t know how many of you watch the Cardinals but living out here i get their game every week. on third and short or fourth and short they run the same play every single game. It’s just to the left or is it going to the right and over the last for five weeks teams have just figured it out

I also put the fact that I don’t think Kingbury is that great of a coach.  Another irritating thing with the Cardinals is they have DeAndre Hopkins. Why are you not targeting him more. For an entire month he averaged seven targets a game. During the same period of time Christian Kirk and Danny Isabella were averaging six targets and five targets. So one less and two less and they’re nowhere close to the caliber receiver that Hopkins is. And then when they get in the red zone it’s either a run by Murray and they just ignore Hopkins. I’m surprise he got a touchdown this weekend because that’s like the second red zone target he’s had in 3 weeks

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Sure would be nice to run crossers. 

They'd likely just run into each other... and injure Peters while he's standing on the sideline.

Archived