EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Rivera with a boneheaded decision... 

I wouldn’t mind if they go for it but what the hell was that play call? Why get that creative when it was literally less than the yard. Just line up over center with Thomas who was a former quarterback and just sneak it with him. He would’ve gotten it

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wouldn’t mind if they go for it but what the hell was that play call? Why get that creative when it was literally less than the yard. Just line up over center with Thomas who was a former quarterback and just sneak it with him. He would’ve gotten it

classic outsmarting yourself.

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

classic outsmarting yourself.

Steelers trying to out do them when they could just sneak it with Big Ben

hats off to Washington. What a Fing stand

I'm really worried about that Dallas game. They are dogshit and we could win that one, but I think that's the only game we win, if we even win that.

So for scoreboard watchers out there, we need a few things to happen:

Dallas to win a game before then.

Dallas to get Martin back by then.

Dalton to play.

All the 3 and 4 win teams to win another game the rest of the way. So start rooting for the Chargers, Bengals, Falcons, etc.

We need Chase or Sewell. We gotta get some kind of reward after this clusterF of a season. Getting either of them would make all this suffering worth it.

40 minutes ago, John_C said:

Right after you sign him to that contract, committing your franchise to this guy as your franchise QB, on the heels of that QB carrying your offense with practice squad receivers into the playoffs, what you typically want to do is grab a big name QB in the draft that next year.  Ideally first round, but 2nd round will do as long as we are talking a guy with name recognition.  You want to put that doubt in your franchise QB's mind, and if he is so good you don't need to waste high draft picks getting better players to support him.  Get a little controversy going... light a fire under his ass.  Ideally, what you want is to create a QB Factory, which lets you produce QB's like in an assembly line.  You can of course develop them all very successfully with the limited reps allowed in practice, even though backup QBs can't get any reps anymore with the rules.  Once you get them developing nicely, you of course parlay them into other draft picks, which can be used to select even more QBs.  If you do this the right way, eventually you can have QBs at running back, WR, all over the damn field.  You run different motions, get the ball in different guys hands, no one will know who is going to throw it!!!  How do you rush the passer, when you don't even know who the passer is??!!??  Think about that.

This is next level NFL.  Next level GMing.  Sorry to all of you that can't see the future of the game, are too shortsighted to see how smart this approach is... you will get there eventually.  When the next team turns into a QB factory, has a QB for each down and is going 16-0 every year, you will get it then for sure.  Like anything, someone has to be at the forefront.  Some team has to be first.  Innovative.  Risk takers.  Some GMs are just smarter than the rest of the league.  Trend setters.  Those of you who think that when you have a franchise QB, and commit your cap to him, that you should go all in to support that QB and succeed or fail with him???  Ancient, outdated thinking.  Go back to 2017.  You probably think running the ball matters anymore too.

Don’t forget signing a 40 something to Coach HS football and just check in with a Zoom call now and then.

Just now, Sack that QB said:

I'm really worried about that Dallas game. They are dogshit and we could win that one, but I think that's the only game we lose.

Dalton to play.

All the 3 and 4 win teams to win another game the rest of the way. So start rooting for the Chargers, Bengals, Falcons, etc.

We need Chase or Sewell. We gotta get some kind of reward after this clusterF of a season. Getting either of them would make all this suffering worth it.

Martin out for year. 

1 minute ago, Casey @ Bat said:

Don’t forget signing a 40 something to Coach HS football and just check in with a Zoom call now and then.

Martin out for year. 

If so, then phantom injury for Graham and Sweat when we play them 😁

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I'm really worried about that Dallas game. They are dogshit and we could win that one, but I think that's the only game we win, if we even win that.

Dalton to play.

Forget about Sewel. The FO yould have to admit they made a mistake with Dillard.

So... I am in a weird place... Eagles are 3-8-1.  Dallas is 3-8.  Dallas winning likely is for the best for the Eagles...but, I... just... can't... do... it... 

5 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Dalton to play.

Have to start Wentz for that one and just hope he plays his usual 

Just now, Asg 15 said:

Forget about Sewel. The FO yould have to admit they made a mistake with Dillard.

It wouldn't be their first mistake though.  I would have no problem drafting Sewell. If Dillard comes back and looks good in camp, then trade him for what you can get. OL have good trade value. Teams are in dire need of it.  I think this next draft should be used to build up both trenches and then use the following draft to fill in WR, LB, and secondary.  If the trenches are terrible, you can't compete.  We need to operate under the assumption that Lane and Brooks will never be the same players and that Kelce could retire.  

What the hell happened to Alex smiths leg 😐 I thought they were doing a MY cause MY cleats piece but no, his leg is coming off.... 

A7B02E54-10F1-485D-9610-C4A78D60248E.png

15 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Dalton to play.

I bet the chargers win a game cause i think the raiders are floundering. Not that the chargers looked good the last two weeks but that’s a game i see the chargers pulling out. Bengals probably not. Falcons play the chargers this weekend so I’d probably root for Falcons cause chargers still have winnable games against raiders and Broncos. 

1 minute ago, Br3 said:

What the hell happened to Alex smiths leg 😐 I thought they were doing a MY cause MY cleats piece but no, his leg is coming off.... 

He's trying to make the left match the right one.

14 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

So... I am in a weird place... Eagles are 3-8-1.  Dallas is 3-8.  Dallas winning likely is for the best for the Eagles...but, I... just... can't... do... it... 

Just get drunk enough that you don’t realize it’s Dallas when watching them. 

That Jamon Brown story is just hilarious. I can't think of a more useless, detrimental player that this team brought on in a long time. The fact that they brought him back after the Baltimore game is ridiculous. 

Catching up on some comments around the board, and I have this to say:

I don't throw "idiot" around very often. If you think Jalen Reagor is slow, you are an idiot.

3 minutes ago, Br3 said:

Took a cleat from his offensive lineman. Not the same leg that he destroyed. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Just get drunk enough that you don’t realize it’s Dallas when watching them. 

I don't get drunk.   When I do drink... I always limit myself.

Washington with signs of life... 

17 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

The front office hopefully won’t be here. 

Ok... now that was a crafty veteran play by Alex Smith.  You know they are supposed to use a "K" ball... so you just take the regular ball with you and make the officials call you on it.   So, you get the benefit of the 'ball not being ready for play', because its supposed to be a 'K' ball.

Honestly, if Howie doesn't get fired this year, I don't know what it would take.

If you were asked in a hypothetical scenario to create a situation in which would get you fired, I honestly couldn't think of anything more worthy than coming in last in the worst division in the history of sports when you were favored to win your division and your starting QB is the only one in the division who stayed healthy throughout. Throw in another bust of a draft for good measure and your cap situation being Fed.

I hope it's getting through to Lurie. Maybe we need Jason Peters to go into his office and talk to him. Seems he's the only one Lurie listens to these days other than Howie.

12 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

The front office hopefully won’t be here. 

That would be the only possibility.

Archived