EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, greend said:

No other choice is there?

We could go round and round, back and forth, clogging up the board for days with our disagreement.  

24 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Is anyone compiling season record and gameday score predictions for this season?  I've already gotten my answers from the Ouija Board ..... 

Don't remember who did it last year

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

We could go round and round, back and forth, clogging up the board for days with our disagreement.  

do it

6 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Hate to say it, but this year’s week 1 roster is almost certainly weaker than last year’s.  

I hate agreeing with you😁😝

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Hate to say it, but this year’s week 1 roster is almost certainly weaker than last year’s.  

no LTs and no upgrade at DE is tough.

But upgrade at CB, and WR is nice.

Not sure...

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

We'll save that for political topics

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Not sure...

How many snaps does Malik Jackson take at DE, or is it a strict rotation at DT between him, Cox, and Hargrave?

Don't ask me why but this morning for some reason my thoughts are on Nova and how much I miss him.

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Not sure...

Week 1...do we really have an upgrade at WR?

42 minutes ago, greend said:

@FranklinFldEBUpper and @Iggles_Phan Schuy has been on here since he was a young teenager. He was having a bit of fun , this is an eagles message board first and foremost, and he's been an Eagles fan as long as he's been on here. No he isn't and I doubt he will ever be a troll. 

Who cares he’s a **** Pens fan 

Just now, eagle45 said:

oh I think I see now. last years week 1 roster vs this one is what you mean.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Not clear yet. 

10 minutes ago, greend said:

so no Glenn signing yet? Starting to worry about Carson even getting through game one

Next Monday. That way if he doesn’t pan out, they haven’t guaranteed his salary. 

Heading back into the house. Just had a nice cao cigar. If I don't get back on you all have a great labor day.

13 minutes ago, greend said:

so no Glenn signing yet? Starting to worry about Carson even getting through game one

It will come later today 

Just now, greend said:

Heading back into the house. Just had a nice cao cigar. If I don't get back on you all have a great labor day.

you too!

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

It will come later today 

will the witherspoon trade be announced today too?

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Next Monday. That way if he doesn’t pan out, they haven’t guaranteed his salary. 

Who cares about that if Caron goes down?

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

oh I think I see now. last years week 1 roster vs this one is what you mean.

Yup.  I like that this year's roster has been repositioned.  Looking at this offseason in isolation, I'm not sure that there is much I would have done differently, aside from not drafting Hurts.  Use that second on a position player and then give up a 4th and change to unload Jeffery's contract.  That doesn't make us any better in week 1 against Washington though.

The overall roster situation is a function of years of failed drafts.  That's the point of frustration.  We've got a great young RB, the easiest position in the NFL to fill on short notice, and an OK LG.  Those are the 2 starting positions on the entire roster that are locked down by draft picks without major questions after they bet it all on Wentz.  I know you like Howie, but his drafts are THE reason they have questions at WR, S, CB, OL, LB, DE.  That's nearly every positional unit on the team.  

5 minutes ago, greend said:

Who cares about that if Caron goes down?

Not sure if he has even worked out yet with Covid testing protocols.  He isn’t playing this week.  Would you be surprised if on Sunday, when the OL lines up, JP is at LT and Prior at RG?  I won’t be.  Prior and Mailata needed those practice reps at T.   Frankly, I wonder if Glenn isn’t under consideration as JP’s back up.  

1 hour ago, Parrot Head said:

What a depressing thread title.

You're welcome.

21 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Don't remember who did it last year

I did.  @ me with your full season record prediction.  If I "like", it means I've recorded it.

Archived