Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

Wentz is 28 and has basically never participated in an NFL playoff game.  He also has had one season in which he was part of an elite passing offense.

You don’t have to blame him for these things...wrs, coaching, all dragging him down.

But given his current age, how bad he was this year, how toxic the behind the scenes relationships have become, and how long it will take the team to restock the talent around him, there is absolutely zero point in trying to salvage Wentz in Philly.  

Just move on.  Bringing him to camp and expecting a better result is as silly as doing the same with Peters/Sproles/Desean.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, downundermike said:

QB's are playing into their late 30's.  He is just coming into his prime years.

The point isn’t that a QBs career is nearly over at 28, it’s what the hell are we waiting for?

Kurt Warner and Aron Rodgers, 2 famous late starters, already won Super Bowls at this age.

All that’s left in NFL history to defend developing at this age is Steve Young.  

At some point, you have to realize it’s just not going to happen.

14 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

The point isn’t that a QBs career is nearly over at 28, it’s what the hell are we waiting for?

Kurt Warner and Aron Rodgers, 2 famous late starters, already won Super Bowls at this age.

All that’s left in NFL history to defend developing at this age is Steve Young.  

At some point, you have to realize it’s just not going to happen.

Wentz has a Super Bowl ring. :whistle:

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

So does Sudfeld.  And he dressed for the game.

Yep. It's a team sport just like it's always been.  At some point did you realize it just wasn't going to happen with Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer, John Elway, Doug Williams, etc... ?

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

Yep. It's a team sport just like it's always been.  At some point did you realize it just wasn't going to happen with Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer, John Elway, Doug Williams, etc... ?

Ok, sit and wait on Wentz for the next 5 years if you prefer....all because of one fluke season.

RG3 is still young too.  Maybe we could pick him up and he can carry us to a SB as well.  

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Ok, sit and wait on Wentz for the next 5 years if you prefer....all because of one fluke season.

RG3 is still young too.  Maybe we could pick him up and he can carry us to a SB as well.  

You're right. We should keep sitting and waiting on the next guy and the next guy and the next ... instead.

It's okay to work with what you have. 

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

You're right. We should keep sitting and waiting on the next guy and the next guy and the next ... instead.

It's okay to work with what you have. 

And that’s been working so well for us.  Let’s keep working with the guy who has fewer career playoff TD passes than Trey Burton.  

5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

And that’s been working so well for us.  Let’s keep working with the guy who has fewer career playoff TD passes than Trey Burton.  

So ... are you advocating bringing in Tom Brady or Big Ben? Hurts doesn't have any playoff TDs, neither does anybody in this year's draft. 

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

So ... are you advocating bringing in Tom Brady or Big Ben? Hurts doesn't have any playoff TDs, neither does anybody in this year's draft. 

They aren’t turning 30 soon.

Just now, eagle45 said:

They aren’t turning 30 soon.

That matters because ...? 

It's amazing that we're worried about the age of a player that just played the final season of his rookie contract. The almost 30 year old player that just turned 28 a few days ago --- This is awful!!! We're doomed!!!

Tough to get rid of Wentz with no viable alternative.

The Eagles need to crap or get off the pot. If they are going to keep Pederson they need to trade Wentz. If they plan to move on from Pederson and keep Wentz then they need to make that decision today and they will also need to trade Hurts. If you choose Wentz over Doug you are going to bring in a coach that Carson wants, and you can't have him looking over his shoulder all of the time. I don't advocate for continuing to bend over backwards for Wentz but IF they decide to do that they have to go all in with that.

50 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

The Eagles need to crap or get off the pot. If they are going to keep Pederson they need to trade Wentz. If they plan to move on from Pederson and keep Wentz then they need to make that decision today and they will also need to trade Hurts. If you choose Wentz over Doug you are going to bring in a coach that Carson wants, and you can't have him looking over his shoulder all of the time. I don't advocate for continuing to bend over backwards for Wentz but IF they decide to do that they have to go all in with that.

If they let Carson have a big say in what HC he wants to replace Doug then my god what is this organisation doing? Carson  also wants and seems to like Press as he's QB coach. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If they let Carson have a big say in what HC he wants to replace Doug then my god what is this organisation doing? Carson  also wants and seems to like Press as he's QB coach. 

Exactly.  The diva vetoed bringing back Flip because Flip was too hard on him.  Instead insisted on his boy Press Taylor.  Look how well that worked.

Makes perfect sense to let the diva dictate who the head coach is too!

This latest report wreaks of Lurie choosing the diva over the coach after getting an ultimatum from the diva.

So now the word is Pederson could be out and Wentz is the one to decide all of this. Doug took a fall on National Television for Howie and Lurie and now he’s the scapegoat. I tell you there’s no chance a real coach would ever work for this organization again. Expect a new yes man.

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So now the word is Pederson could be out and Wentz is the one to decide all of this. Doug took a fall on National Television for Howie and Lurie and now he’s the scapegoat. I tell you there’s no chance a real coach would ever work for this organization again. Expect a new yes man.

I see reports were that it was Doug and Doug only that made the decision to bench Wentz. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

You mean the word on the EMB? :roll:

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I see reports were that it was Doug and Doug only that made the decision to bench Wentz. 

I’m not referring to that. I’m referring to what happened the last game, but with that being the case Doug isn’t the one who drafted Hurts so....

22 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

You mean the word on the EMB? :roll:

Nope. Didn’t even read it from EMB. Don’t you have some route running videos to analyze? 😂🤣😂🙄

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not referring to that. I’m referring to what happened the last game, but with that being the case Doug isn’t the one who drafted Hurts so....

Nope. Didn’t even read it from EMB. Don’t you have some route running videos to analyze? 😂🤣😂🙄

Nope but it does make the whole situation even more cloudy and what the hell is going on

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Nope but it does make the whole situation even more cloudy and what the hell is going on

It’s a mess and with all this "collaborative effort” it sure does make it difficult to figure who is really responsible for anything. All you end up really seeing is a lot of scapegoats. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s a mess and with all this "collaborative effort” it sure does make it difficult to figure who is really responsible for anything. All you end up really seeing is a lot of scapegoats. 

I'm not the type to need to know who is fully responsible to point the finger at. Although it would be nice to not see them scapegoating people and randomly deciding who they want to blame. As fans that's fine we have no say and don't have inside access. When it is clear that even the whole damn organization is unsure of who to blame, that's the problem

2 hours ago, Arsenal79 said:

Exactly.  The diva vetoed bringing back Flip because Flip was too hard on him.  Instead insisted on his boy Press Taylor.  Look how well that worked.

I know you and facts don't get along, but Flip got a promotion to OC with the Vikings.

Archived