Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s a multi-faceted problem they have here. Wentz has been babied by them so long he thinks he’s been mistreated even though they dumped the coaches and coordinators he hated, dumped the quarterback he was intimidated by, dumped the players who challenged his leadership, and gave him a truckload of money. You can’t "fix” someone who doesn’t think there is a problem and that’s another issue. He’s out there duck hunting instead of working to improve his technique. On top of all this he’s doesn’t want to be an Eagle. His people told everyone this back in December, but the apologists didn’t want to believe it. The Eagles are trying to save face and get at least a first for Wentz so they don’t look like fools if Wentz turns it around. They’re trying to preemptively win the deal, but they figured this thing wrong. If they bring Wentz back nothing good will come from it. The guy will be roasted in the media, booed if he stinks, and his teammates will be even less willing to play for him. The Eagles have until March to make a move, but the closer they get to the deadline the less likely a deal happens. I think Howie is trying hard to create a trade market for Wentz that isn’t there. What team wants to give up a first for a quarterback that was clearly one of the statistical worst for all of 2020, but makes top five quarterback pay? A GM and coach could get fired if Wentz isn’t good or can’t be reformed. The best option here is to get the best deal you can and just walk away from this mess. By 2022 the Eagles could be out of their cap issues and ready to make a run again. 

Bingo!!!! Wentz lovers get over it. Wentz has not been the 2017 Wentz ever since Flip left and Wentz's practice habits immediately started deteriorating.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/12/2021 at 4:24 AM, Talonblood said:

Fan base will be like:

1. Wentz plays at MVP level after trade- "See, I told you so!"
2. Wentz never plays well again- "See, I told you so!"

Exactly. 

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

but makes top five quarterback pay?

He doesn't though. He is already down to number 8 by the end of this coming season and more contracts being given he won't even be in the top 10 anymore. 

This is more of a statement of how bent out of shape people get over QB contracts that end up not being that great after a few years. 

Hell Matthew Stafford was the highest paid QB at one time and so was Matt Ryan and Stafford isn't even in the top 10 anymore and Ryan is at #10. 

13 hours ago, nipples said:

Clearly they aren’t willing to go "all-in” on Wentz, considering they obviously aren’t willing to even give up a first for him. If they were so sure that he’s the answer at QB, they’d be more than willing to trade a 1st for him. The fact is, they’re unwilling to part with significant compensation because, just like Eagle fans, they can see so many red flags with him. 

Do we really know what they are willing to do or is this just imagination running wild fueled by reports, blogs, podcasts, and TATE ramblings?

13 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Let's make this happen!

There's a reason why two teams with coaching staffs with ties to Wentz are actively discussing trade scenarios to acquire him. The reason is that everybody can see that 2020 was an anomaly. His rating dropped off a cliff this last season. His mistakes were typical of a QB desperately trying to make a play on a team with no spark. If you had to pick one guy on this team that stepped up and provided a spark at any point in the season (while Wentz was playing), it was Fulgham. During that 5-game stretch, we had 3 of our 4 wins on the season. Then we had a bye week and a couple bad weather games where the Wentz to Fulgham connection floundered a bit. Then for reasons nobody can figure out, the Eagles decided to get Jeffery involved and started keeping Fulgham off the field more and more. That was just one of the many personnel decisions last season that made no sense whatsoever (Like, starting Peters over Mailata at LT, Brown over Opeta at RG, Gerry over Singleton, Peters over Herbig at RG, etc... ). Other than Fulgham, nobody else on the team was stepping up. So, as a team, the Eagles were a 4-11-1 team.

Football is a job for those players, that make it on to NFL teams. It's a pastime for the rest of us. The NFL chooses to use its "platform" for various causes and/or movements. They ask the players to get involved in these decisions. Last year, covid, social justice, sexual harassment, and the national election / (go vote like me) themes were very strong and they all combined to make more distraction than I have ever seen in the NFL in one season. It wasn't allowed to be just about football. Heck --- go back and watch this:

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/video/press-conference-jeffrey-lurie-august-30-3030

Allowing the non-football issues to define the season led the crap-show we watched on TV. It started at the top and it started before the first game. 

... so ... That's why coaches from 2 playoff teams are willing to go all-in with Wentz. They know you can throw out last season and  get above average play from him moving forward. 

This is flat out nonsense, the numerical evidence is there to look at, Fulgham's numbers dropped off a cliff without losing any snaps and the reason for it is because opposing DC's finally decided to account for the PS walk on guy, Fulgham isn't the answer and never was, he was a turbo Hollins, he had a couple of big weeks being covered like a PS level receiver playing with the worst QB in the league, then defenses stopped selling out to stop Sanders and Scott and he went back to what he was, a guy who wasn't good enough to make the roster at multiple NFL teams.

17 hours ago, EagleVA said:

There's nothing I'd love more is for Wentz to remain with the Eagles and continue his sorry play just to hear what his apologists have to say.

What an agenda driven, moronic thing to say.

Does the VA stand for Vaginal Aches?

16 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

See this is where I don't get this fan base.

I'm not a Wentz remainer as everyone knows. I think he's done here in Philly and both sides need to move on. 

But I don't want to see Wentz stay and fail. Just like I don't want to see Wentz go elsewhere and succeed and stick it to the Eagles. 

There's nothing I'd love more is for Wentz to remain with the Eagles and continue his sorry play just to hear what his apologists have to say.

What's bolded puts "see him fail" in a entirely different light.

15 hours ago, mihailo said:

I can't fathom this statement, I personally want every player on the Eagles that I don't believe in to prove me wrong and have me eating crow. This simply shows your hate for Wentz is at an irrational level, making discourse on such a topic pointless.

There's nothing I'd love more is for Wentz to remain with the Eagles and continue his sorry play just to hear what his apologists have to say.

43 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

This is flat out nonsense, the numerical evidence is there to look at, Fulgham's numbers dropped off a cliff without losing any snaps and the reason for it is because opposing DC's finally decided to account for the PS walk on guy, Fulgham isn't the answer and never was, he was a turbo Hollins, he had a couple of big weeks being covered like a PS level receiver playing with the worst QB in the league, then defenses stopped selling out to stop Sanders and Scott and he went back to what he was, a guy who wasn't good enough to make the roster at multiple NFL teams.

So when we played two of the better defenses in the NFL in Pittsburgh and Baltimore and they covered him with Joe Horn and Marlon Humphrey, they didn't bother doing tape studies or game planning to stop the one productive player on offense heading into the game? You guys are unreal. It doesn't take 5 weeks for NFL defenses teams to discover a trend. With all the players the Eagles were missing, it should have been real easy for an average defense to take away a guy that according to you must be a scrub, knowing he was the only player that produced the week before. Also, Sanders missed a few of those games, so I'm pretty sure defenses stopped "selling out" long before. 

11 hours ago, Procus said:

Just from a business and compensation standpoint, the Eagles really don't have to be in a hurry.  Let's face it, the mad rush for a trade now is in large part driven by the need for instant gratification by a deranged fan base egged on by a baiting local and national media.

Wrong. The "mad rush” is because his $10 million guaranteed roster bonus is due on March 19th and the Eagles don’t want to be on the hook. If the Eagles trade him before that they save $25 million in cash. Not cap space but actual money on the balance sheet.

Say what you want about the fan base and the media and all that but it’s the NFL.  It always comes back to money.

42 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I don't get that though! Why don't you want the Eagles to succeed? To do that they either need Wentz here and playing at a high level or they need to move on. I don't get why you'd want him to stay and fail just to be proven right?

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't get that though! Why don't you want the Eagles to succeed? To do that they either need Wentz here and playing at a high level or they need to move on. I don't get why you'd want him to stay and fail just to be proven right?

Some just can't internally tolerate being wrong, or even inaccurate. For some, "I told you so!" is the top of the mountain. 

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Seriously, some posters are just stupid.  No Eagles fan wants the team to lose just for "told you so" glory.

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If you can't decipher that my sentence wasn't about Wentz but rather his apologists then shame on you.

Let me re-word the sentence using practically the same words to help you understand.

If Wentz remains with the Eagles and continue with his sorry play I'd love to hear what his apologists have to say.......capeesh?

6 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Seriously, some posters are just stupid.  No Eagles fan wants the team to lose just for "told you so" glory.

There is no "I told you so" nor is there any Wentz hate.

If you've noticed, whenever Wentz would have a horrible game, you didn't see me write critical posts of his play because I clearly saw what was going on and it wasn't all on Wentz.

The only thing I've pointed out concerning Wentz was his accuracy and I've always done that because I've always saw that it isn't anything to write home about.

The most critical post I recall writing was something along the lines of "Is is fair to begin to questioning Wentz' intelligence, I'm beginning to think it is".

Lastly, I wish Wentz the best where ever he lands as Wentz and I are "spiritual brothers" if you know what I mean.

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He doesn't though. He is already down to number 8 by the end of this coming season and more contracts being given he won't even be in the top 10 anymore. 

This is more of a statement of how bent out of shape people get over QB contracts that end up not being that great after a few years. 

Hell Matthew Stafford was the highest paid QB at one time and so was Matt Ryan and Stafford isn't even in the top 10 anymore and Ryan is at #10. 

My personal favorite is when the numbers used to report the rankings are based on the current year’s salary (not taking into account signing bonus).

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I would agree no legit Eagles fan can want the team to fail so they can be proven right. Just like no true legit Eagles fan could want Carson to go and succeed elsewhere and stick it to the Eagles. Do I wish him the best (if he is traded)? Absolutely. It would be good for him if he can turn it around but not at the expense of the Eagles.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

If you can't decipher that my sentence wasn't about Wentz but rather his apologists then shame on you.

Let me re-word the sentence using practically the same words to help you understand.

If Wentz remains with the Eagles and continue with his sorry play I'd love to hear what his apologists have to say.......capeesh?

Oh no don't worry I can decipher absolutely fine thanks. Don't forget that you are speaking the ENGLISH language!

The point remains you want Eagles to remain and continue to play poorly so you can hear what his apologists have to say. That's wanting Wentz to play badly so you can say "I told you so".

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

Let me re-word the sentence using practically the same words 

Nah.  We got it the first time.   Now you’re walking it back. 

33 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh no don't worry I can decipher absolutely fine thanks. Don't forget that you are speaking the ENGLISH language!

The point remains you want Eagles to remain and continue to play poorly so you can hear what his apologists have to say. That's wanting Wentz to play badly so you can say "I told you so".

What would I say "I told you so" about?

so, I think everyone can guess....they are ADAMANT about a 1st coming back...because they want one of the QBs...in fact I even saw one mock draft where Justin Fields dropped to 6th and Howie took him

so it begs the question....at what point do they say "We're not going to get what we want"..

when / if that times comes..
what happens?

do they keep Wentz and try to fix him as has been the narrative?

Do they take the best offer, and cut losses  (and still draft a QB at #6 to the severe ire of the fan base)

6 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

What would I say "I told you so" about?

Why else would you "love to hear what his apologists have to say"? Makes no sense. You are walking it back now as @Hawkeye has just pointed out.

21 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Nah.  We got it the first time.   Now you’re walking it back. 

I don't walk back anything, I always stand by that I write, you simply gravitated to what wasn't the subject of the sentence, namely Wentz apologists.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Why else would you "love to hear what his apologists have to say"? Makes no sense. You are walking it back now as @Hawkeye has just pointed out.

I see you didn't answer the question because there was no "I told you so" involved, just something that you apologists conjured up.

I DON'T WALK BACK ANYTHING!    CAPEESH??

Archived