Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Bears took Wentz. I'll put a link up in a sec.

EuTxUlrXAAEzZ4s.jpg

Been floating around Reddit all day.  Phony Balony

3 minutes ago, Thrive said:

That’s fake.

Deleting. I glanced at my cell phone and posted too quick. My bad. I usually am more careful than that.

6 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Bears apparently took Wentz. I have to dig deeper to be sure.

EuTxUlrXAAEzZ4s.jpg

The file you were looking for could not be found

:lol: trolling

Who knows what to believe anymore but the rumblings now sound like the Bears clearly have the better offer, but Wentz wants to go to Indy and that’s what’s holding a deal up. Makes sense for the Bears to be cautious of pulling the trigger if Wentz makes it seem like he doesn’t want to go there. 

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

Who knows what to believe anymore but the rumblings now sound like the Bears clearly have the better offer, but Wentz wants to go to Indy and that’s what’s holding a deal up. Makes sense for the Bears to be cautious of pulling the trigger if Wentz makes it seem like he doesn’t want to go there. 

Let me guess, cos he is afraid of Big D**k Nick in Chicago? I suppose that is the next narrative  :roll:

https://nypost.com/2021/02/16/bears-are-front-runner-for-carson-wentz-with-one-major-roadblock/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

TL;DR version:  Bears apparently offering more but Carson prefers Colts and Bears need to make sure Carson on board.

Bears are ‘front-runner’ for Carson Wentz – with one major roadblock

While the Colts often are considered the favorite to trade for the disgruntled Eagles quarterback because head coach Frank Reich is Wentz’s former offensive coordinator, Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer suggested negotiations could veer in another direction.

"I think Chicago is the front-runner … and I do know there’s a feeling inside that building from [general manager] Ryan Pace, from the coaching staff, Matt Nagy, John DeFilippo … they believe, mechanically, they can fix him,” Breer said on Colin Cowherd’s podcast, according to NBC Sports Philadelphia.

"I think the issue right now is where Carson Wentz wants to go,” Breer said.

"I think it’s become pretty clear he’d rather go to Indianapolis, and I think part of it now, for the Eagles, is, ‘Alright, if our best return now is Chicago over Indy, then we need to convince Carson Wentz, this is the only place you’re going, bud, and you need to buck up and accept this, and realize the Bears are going to give you a good chance.’ I think it’s pretty clear at this point that the Bears have pushed harder than the Colts to get Carson Wentz.”

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

God help him if he is holding this up to get to the Colts, despite the better offer being from Chicago. 

He's going to get booed out of the building whenever he finds his way back here (if he's still in the league by the time fans are allowed back at home games). 

Carson has doesn't have a no trade clause. How could he be "holding this up"

Just now, Mike030270 said:

apparently the Bears want to be sure Carson would want to be there and not hold out or become disgruntled.  They don't want to invest trading for a QB that doesn't want them.

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Report from Albert Breer yesterday is CHI is dangling the best offer but isn't officially offering it unless they know Wentz is buying in and wants to be in CHI. They dont want to trade for someone who doesn't want to be there.

Since we're still sitting here and this isn't yet done, it's safe to assume that something is holding it up, which would be Wentz not wanting to give CHI that satisfaction/approval. 

Is Carson going to redo his deal before the trade so the Eagles won't have to eat 34 million, if not I say F him, he goes where we send him.

I doubt it but at this point we don't know what's going on and neither do the reporters

Very likely that he's staying with us and the QB controversy lives on because of Howie

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

Do we need to dig deeper than the dudes Twitter handle being UltraWeedHater?  

I have seen people posting that on the Eagles Bleeding Greed Nation FB feed the last 3 days.  They are then getting destroyed for falling for fake news.

18 minutes ago, NOTW said:

apparently the Bears want to be sure Carson would want to be there and not hold out or become disgruntled.  They don't want to invest trading for a QB that doesn't want them.

Nobody wants to go to Chicago. Hell even Trubisky doesn't want to go back there!

Their oline sucks, they have no offensive weapons to speak of except Robinson and he'll be gone soon. Pace and Nagy will be gone after this season. The bears might be the only team in worse shape then Philly.

17 minutes ago, Mr_Philly said:

Is Carson going to redo his deal before the trade so the Eagles won't have to eat 34 million, if not I say F him, he goes where we send him.

For the 797th time, the Eagles can not redo the deal to lower the dead cap hit.  The dead cap is the signing bonus money spread out over the life of the contract, accelerating to the current year if traded.

FOR THE LAST TIME, THE CAP HIT IS NOT CHANGING, THERE IS NO REDO THAT CAN CHANGE IT

4 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Nobody wants to go to Chicago. Hell even Trubisky doesn't want to go back there!

Their oline sucks, they have no offensive weapons to speak of except Robinson and he'll be gone soon. Pace and Nagy will be gone after this season. The bears might be the only team in worse shape then Philly.

The Texans after they trade Watson say hi................

44 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I doubt it but at this point we don't know what's going on and neither do the reporters

Very likely that he's staying with us and the QB controversy lives on because of Howie

I put chances of Wentz being on the roster at the start of the new league year at maybe 5%

55 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Like others have pointed out, the Bears have to be sure he actually wants to be there to pull the trigger on a trade. 

36 minutes ago, downundermike said:

For the 797th time, the Eagles can not redo the deal to lower the dead cap hit.  The dead cap is the signing bonus money spread out over the life of the contract, accelerating to the current year if traded.

FOR THE LAST TIME, THE CAP HIT IS NOT CHANGING, THERE IS NO REDO THAT CAN CHANGE IT

The Texans after they trade Watson say hi................

Bears at least have a damn good defense. 

47 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

:lol:

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Let them believe that and drive that price up!  

Lol its not the Eagles job to convince when to go to Chicago. The Bears need to do that. If the Bears are doing this, I just pull the deal because the Bears don't really want him. I think we are getting closer to Wentz returning in a QB competition. No point for the Eagles to take less in compensation than what they want. Why help another team out?

Archived