Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

Report from Albert Breer yesterday is CHI is dangling the best offer but isn't officially offering it unless they know Wentz is buying in and wants to be in CHI. They dont want to trade for someone who doesn't want to be there.

Since we're still sitting here and this isn't yet done, it's safe to assume that something is holding it up, which would be Wentz not wanting to give CHI that satisfaction/approval. 

Well, if the Eagles get tired of it, they just tell Carson- "It's Chicago or you are staying here to compete with Hurts, then. Take your pick."

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Talonblood said:

Well, if the Eagles get tired of it, they just tell Carson- "It's Chicago or you are staying here to compete with Hurts, then. Take your pick."

exactly

15 minutes ago, Wink said:

Wentz has a no trade clause?

if not why would we care where he goes?

The other team might be concerned they are trading for someone that doesn't want to be there.

I'm not sure why people forget that other teams are involved when there is a trade

11 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The other team might be concerned they are trading for someone that doesn't want to be there.

I'm not sure why people forget that other teams are involved when there is a trade

Thank you.  No team is going to give up significant draft capital for a $34 million per year franchise QB who is forced to play there.  All these dopes saying "he goes where they send him" are clueless.  Nobody's going to trade bag of used jocks for that guy. 

1 hour ago, Wink said:

Wentz has a no trade clause?

if not why would we care where he goes?

It isn’t necessarily that we care. At least not in a vacuum. It would only be an issue if he raises a fuss if he doesn’t wish to go somewhere and that team potentially rescinds an offer that was better than another offer. 

Why should anyone care where Wentz goes?  Because the Eagles want as much compensation in the trade as possible.  They are eating $34 million trading him.  Sure, they can ship him wherever they want since there is no "no trade" clause.  

But the other team is saying they want to be assured before they invest in a trade.  I'm sure there are all sorts of chess playing in these type of negotiations.

It's amazing how many fans will have so much hatred for a player that they don't even care or think about the effect on their own team's compensation, cap situation, draft capital and wanting what's best for the team.

9 minutes ago, NOTW said:

It's amazing how many fans will have so much hatred for a player that they don't even care or think about the effect on their own team's compensation, cap situation, draft capital and wanting what's best for the team.

I mean I don’t know what you expected. The guy has essentially rejected this city (yes I understand there is nuance here but that’s the bottom line). How did you expect fans to react?

21 minutes ago, Thrive said:

I mean I don’t know what you expected. The guy has essentially rejected this city (yes I understand there is nuance here but that’s the bottom line). How did you expect fans to react?

Well first, I'm talking about wanting the best compensation for your team that you are supposedly a fan of.  That's one reason to care which team he goes to.

He hasn't said a word.  It's not "the city."  There is this growing narrative that people keep piling on details from their own imaginations and opinions.  There was a "report" (take it FWIW) last week that Carson has no issue with the team or coaches, it's Howie.  Most fans hate Howie and want him fired.  Howie drafted Hurts - most people disagreed with it.  Another report said that Doug didn't want to bench Wentz, that Lurie and Howie pressured him to.  

So if Wentz doesn't want to be a backup and doesn't like Howie and the way he runs things and wants to be traded...that doesn't mean he's "rejected the city."  Such hyperbole and emotion. 

3 hours ago, nipples said:

I put chances of Wentz being on the roster at the start of the new league year at maybe 5%

We'll see

50 minutes ago, Thrive said:

How the F did he reject the city??

He was given crap to throw to for his entire career and the playcalling has been horrible

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Well first, I'm talking about wanting the best compensation for your team that you are supposedly a fan of.  That's one reason to care which team he goes to.

He hasn't said a word.  It's not "the city."  There is this growing narrative that people keep piling on details from their own imaginations and opinions.  There was a "report" (take it FWIW) last week that Carson has no issue with the team or coaches, it's Howie.  Most fans hate Howie and want him fired.  Howie drafted Hurts - most people disagreed with it.  Another report said that Doug didn't want to bench Wentz, that Lurie and Howie pressured him to.  

So if Wentz doesn't want to be a backup and doesn't like Howie and the way he runs things and wants to be traded...that doesn't mean he's "rejected the city."  Such hyperbole and emotion. 

Sorry misread your post earlier.

46 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

We'll see

How the F did he reject the city??

He was given crap to throw to for his entire career and the playcalling has been horrible

If those are the reasons he wants out then he deserves the booing he’ll get when he comes back to the linc. That’s pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Thrive said:

Sorry misread your post earlier.

If those are the reasons he wants out then he deserves the booing he’ll get when he comes back to the linc. That’s pathetic.

We don't even know if he actually wants out. You can say there are reports that he wants out but there were so many reports that a trade was going to happen 2 weeks ago so how can you believe any of it

Apparently staying silent means I want traded lol

So.. I see we are still here.  200 pages with basically the same handful of post, posted over and over again.  Fun 

1 hour ago, What The F said:

So.. I see we are still here.  200 pages with basically the same handful of post, posted over and over again.  Fun 

Flash ! News! The latest. I just woke up and Wentz is still here. LOL  Why?!?!? When will he leave? I just want to go back to sleep and dream...My Dream includes a safety somewhere in  the second round. 

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Simple solution that I would be thrilled with - dump Roseman and keep Wentz.           

If Sirianni is the offensive mind he is touted to be, and ostensibly is why he was hired here, charge him with resuscitating Wentz' career.         Odds are that Wentz at the top of his game is going to be better than Hurts will ever be.            I might be wrong there, but I don't think so.

You're absolutely correct - all of this emotional garbage about him "rejecting the city" is just that - hyperbole.       This fan base is famous for it, and it doesn't look like that will ever change.        Everyone has built this thing up to such a degree that the next thing to drop is that Wentz beats women and children.

I get that the horse has long left the barn and Lurie has cast his lot with Roseman, and that it's a fate accompli that Wentz must go, but it's a damn shame that the main culprit for the free fall this organization is in manages to continue to dodge bullets.

:sleep:    Is... it... over yet??      :sleep:

We should do a Brodie type countdown.... like Day 1 of "Wentz is still here" tracking:

We_Are_Still_Here_film_festival_poster_2015.jpg

8 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The Bears have the best offer according to many’s sources and they might even be willing to part with a first, but is Wentz doesn’t want go there then they will not make the deal. All these Wentz apologists talking all this crap about how Carson keeping quiet helps his trade value are full of crap. If the Colts know he only wants to play for them how does that help the Eagles increase his value? So even now the great one is sticking it to the Eagles, because he selfishly only wants to go to one team. 

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

I think Wentz of 2019 is far better than Jalen Hurts will ever be.

Shell shocked Wentz might never be that good again. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Bears have the best offer according to many’s sources and they might even be willing to part with a first, but is Wentz doesn’t want go there then they will not make the deal. All these Wentz apologists talking all this crap about how Carson keeping quiet helps his trade value are full of crap. If the Colts know he only wants to play for them how does that help the Eagles increase his value? So even now the great one is sticking it to the Eagles, because he selfishly only wants to go to one team. 

This definitely gets a little more ridiculous by the week I'll say that much. 

I don't think it's in the best interest for the bears to deal with this in the first place IMO. 

Nagy hasn't been a very coach. They throw a bunch of assets to the eagles for Wentz and they can't fix him they are probably firing him.  now you need a new coach for a still broken QB and lost draft picks to try to help out a still broken QB still making great money. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

This definitely gets a little more ridiculous by the week I'll say that much. 

I don't think it's in the best interest for the bears to deal with this in the first place IMO. 

Nagy hasn't been a very coach. They throw a bunch of assets to the eagles for Wentz and they can't fix him they are probably firing him.  now you need a new coach for a still broken QB and lost draft picks to try to help out a still broken QB still making great money. 

Trading for Wentz is the kind of move that could get a GM and coach fired if he bombs, but Nagy got Foles and and Mitch to the playoffs. I’m sure they think they’re one good quarterback away from being legit contenders if they can "fix him” then they think they have their guy. Personally I think their guy (currently our guy) would rather be out duck hunting with his brother than being an NFL quarterback. I don’t think you can fix someone who doesn’t believe they are broken. 

28 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Wasn't the point. Try to keep up.

Nevertheless the reality. Maybe if you weren’t suckling on the Wentz nips so bad you might give this kid a chance. 

13 hours ago, NOTW said:

It's not amazing, it par for the course on these boards and has been since I started posting when McNabb was here. Some people just hate and most of the time it's over rumors.

8 hours ago, Swoop said:

I think Wentz of 2019 is far better than Jalen Hurts will ever be.

Then they both need to be gone because 2019 Giants, Racists and Cowboys aren't coming back for Carson to beat up on.

Archived