Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

7 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

It depends. In this scenario would he often be the worst player on the field, miss open receivers all day, and stand around waiting for sacks?

Oh man lol

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, DBW said:

So if he doesn’t put up those numbers is it because he has garbage on offense? Or because he’s not good?  Asking for Carson. 

Why can't it be a combination of the two?

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

Impossible he's the worst 

8 minutes ago, Swoop said:

It could be. I’m just trying to understand your defense of Carson sucking ass.  It seems like you built in that excuse for him but not jalen. Who btw looked stellar for 2 games before full tank mode was enabled. And if you need facts for that, jalen had a 102 passer rating in the one game and Carson hasn’t done that in over 400 days or so (I lost count) which was back when we had a decent team.

Just now, DBW said:

It could be. I’m just trying to understand your defense of Carson sucking ass.  It seems like you built in that excuse for him but not jalen. Who btw looked stellar for 2 games before full tank mode was enabled. 

When did I defend Carson's play?

10 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Wrong. Continue to talk out of your ass.

Says the guy who doesn’t back anything up with facts other than "I wAtCh TEH nCaA fOOtBaLlZ” 

Hug you Carson plush doll tightly tonight as you weep yourself to sleep over him leaving. 

2 minutes ago, DBW said:

Says the guy who doesn’t back anything up with facts other than "I wAtCh TEH nCaA fOOtBaLlZ” 

Hug you Carson plush doll tightly tonight as you weep yourself to sleep over him leaving. 

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

Many of the things I was concerned about prior to him starting (footwork, accuracy, one read and run, ball security) sure enough showed up again as he started. 

Like I have said in the past, a lot of things that people have killed Wentz for (deservedly).

Looks like I gave actual substance and also criticized Wentz.

Sorry about your autism.

15 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Sorry about your autism.

You gave a casual football observer opinion of footwork. You’re about as qualified to make that assessment as The dead rabbit in my back yard is.  I pointed out how it’s been over a year since Carson had over a 92 passer rating and you come with "fOotWoRk” 

carson was THE WORST QB IN THE LEAGUE last year.  Jalen should have been starting much earlier and then we would have more data to compare but the small sample was enough for a lot of the experts in the organization to feel good about him. At least over Carson in the immediate future. 

also, you’re comparing the mechanics of a 5 year nfl qb to a rookie.  It’s awful that Carson hasn’t improved at all in 5 years.  You can say that jalen has just as bad of footwork all you want but that’s further proof that Carson is bad if it’s been 5 years and that’s what we get.

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

Unsurprisingly, you're completely missing the context, just like the other smooth brain.

Nothing worse than a dumb person who isn't aware they are dumb. Have fun with your Carson bubble bath.

15 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Sorry about your autism.

Wow, creating a negative narrative about a disability by using it as an insult against a fellow poster. Stupid and deplorable, great combination.

Just now, T-1000 said:

Wow, creating a negative narrative about a disability by using it as an insult against a fellow poster. Stupid and deplorable, great combination.

I took it as a complement. Some autistic people are very smart, genius level in fact.  

1 minute ago, DBW said:

I took it as a complement. Some autistic people are very smart, genius level in fact.  

His comments were stupid and tone deaf, although it shouldn't come as a surprise.

2 hours ago, T-1000 said:

So Wentz signed a huge contract with the Eagles with MILLIONS of dollars up front, turns around about a year later and requests a trade, and is also trying to dictate where he ends up in that trade. And some of you dumb Fs wonder why a number of fans are tired of his act and want him gone.

Well, we don't know what's true and what's not.  For all we know this is mutual.

First, you forgot that the team drafted a QB in the 2nd and then made him the starter and benched Wentz (rightfully so), so if any starting QB things he's being demoted and thinks of himself as a starter, they're going to want to go somewhere else to start.

Second, there have been various reports that the team wanted to move on to Hurts as the starter, even firing Doug for not being on board.  If that's true (who knows?) then maybe it's not Wentz being a diva "demanding a trade" but the team choosing Hurts and wanting to see what they can get for Wentz.  If the team wants to move on from him and he's not demanding it, there goes the narrative about "his act" and this narrative that attacks his character.

It could also be a mutual parting of ways. The team wants to move on with Hurts, Carson wants to go elsewhere so they're exploring the best trade for all sides.  We don't know, it's all rumors and guesses...but some people are just working themselves into a frenzy and creating this narrative of Wentz with little to no basis.

5 minutes ago, DBW said:

You gave a casual football observer opinion of footwork. You’re about as qualified to make that assessment as The dead rabbit in my back yard is.  I pointed out how it’s been over a year since Carson had over a 92 passer rating and you come with "fOotWoRk” 

carson was THE WORST QB IN THE LEAGUE last year.  Jalen should have been starting much earlier and then we would have more data to compare but the small sample was enough for a lot of the experts in the organization to feel good about him. At least over Carson in the immediate future. 

also, you’re comparing the mechanics of a 5 year nfl qb to a rookie.  It’s awful that Carson hasn’t improved at all in 5 years.  You can say that jalen has just as bad of footwork all you want but that’s further proof that Carson is bad if it’s been 5 years and that’s what we get.

I'll try to spell this out for you because you're either a massive troll (likely) or you're really, really not able to keep up.

You originally came into a conversation, that had nothing to do with you, had no mention of you whatsoever and wasn't directed at you. The entire conversation I was having, had nothing to do with Carson Wentz specifically and was about Jalen Hurts and his ceiling. 

Not a single time did I defend Wentz for his play this season.

Then you come off and make the accusation that I'm defending Carson's play by having a discussion about Jalen Hurts. When I asked where the proof of this was, you unsurprisingly had none and immediately went into the "you're a Wentz Washer" level response. 

You also, incorrectly, assume I was making an excuse for Wentz when I specifically stated that BOTH THE QUARTERBACK AND THE TEAM CAN PERFORM POORLY. Something which, you not only failed to recognize, but went on another "WENTZ WASHER" level response.

Obviously I'm not as qualified as other people that, you know, actually have jobs in the NFL. Obviously I could be proven wrong. The fact of the matter is, based on my opinion, Jalen Hurts will not be the QB that some of you believe he will be.

I have mentioned things like his mechanics, his ball security, his accuracy, his inability to read the field and take off quickly. These are problems he showed in college and showed again, at the NFL level. 

Again:

N-O-N-E of this has to do with Carson Wentz and him getting traded or playing like garbage. Hurts and his flaws have N-O-T-H-I-N-G to do with Carson Wentz. I am not comparing their footwork. The only statement I have ever made lumping the two together is that I think Wentz of 2019 is likely a level Hurts will never, himself, be able to do. Again, my opinion.

I am not excusing Wentz for his performance.

I am not saying that people are wrong for wanting Wentz out.

I am questioning Jalen Hurts and his ability.

I fully anticipate you'll respond in the same, trolly hogwash. Feel free. I'm not going back and forth on this any more.

If fans were allowed in the stadium the boo’s would have been so bad Wentz would have been pulled at the bye.

When fans are allowed back they need to chant fire Roseman as loud as they can like when they chanted Fire Andy in that Pats game. 

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

I'll try to spell this out for you because you're either a massive troll (likely) or you're really, really not able to keep up.

You originally came into a conversation, that had nothing to do with you, had no mention of you whatsoever and wasn't directed at you. The entire conversation I was having, had nothing to do with Carson Wentz specifically and was about Jalen Hurts and his ceiling. 

Not a single time did I defend Wentz for his play this season.

Then you come off and make the accusation that I'm defending Carson's play by having a discussion about Jalen Hurts. When I asked where the proof of this was, you unsurprisingly had none and immediately went into the "you're a Wentz Washer" level response. 

You also, incorrectly, assume I was making an excuse for Wentz when I specifically stated that BOTH THE QUARTERBACK AND THE TEAM CAN PERFORM POORLY. Something which, you not only failed to recognize, but went on another "WENTZ WASHER" level response.

Obviously I'm not as qualified as other people that, you know, actually have jobs in the NFL. Obviously I could be proven wrong. The fact of the matter is, based on my opinion, Jalen Hurts will not be the QB that some of you believe he will be.

I have mentioned things like his mechanics, his ball security, his accuracy, his inability to read the field and take off quickly. These are problems he showed in college and showed again, at the NFL level. 

Again:

N-O-N-E of this has to do with Carson Wentz and him getting traded or playing like garbage. Hurts and his flaws have N-O-T-H-I-N-G to do with Carson Wentz. I am not comparing their footwork. The only statement I have ever made lumping the two together is that I think Wentz of 2019 is likely a level Hurts will never, himself, be able to do. Again, my opinion.

I am not excusing Wentz for his performance.

I am not saying that people are wrong for wanting Wentz out.

I am questioning Jalen Hurts and his ability.

I fully anticipate you'll respond in the same, trolly hogwash. Feel free. I'm not going back and forth on this any more.

It’s an open forum I don’t need your permission to enter into a conversation.  I read all your garbage about jalen and your only comparison to him at any level was to Carson.  YOU put that out there. YOU set the bar for his comparison in the nfl to Carson.  And they’re not even the same type of qb with any remote comparison of skill sets both mental and physical.  Carson is also a 5 year qb.  So you’re trying to sell us on jalen being a failure by comparing him to a disaster of a qb in wentz.  A guy who has had arguably just 11 good games at the pro level.   It’s hard for anyone to be as bad as Carson was last year.  And it’s impossible for anyone on these forums to make the assessment that jalen won’t surpass that level of suck after just 4 career starts.  You’re not that good of a scout or you’d be working for an nfl team, Not arm chairing it up here.  

9 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

what needs to happen is Chris Ballard (IND GM) needs to stop making this The Chris Ballard Show and meet Howie in the middle/even more toward Howie's asking price. The Eagles are the team with the asset right now. You don't strong arm the team dangling the asset, in this case a QB who in the right situation should still be a decent player. This is a QBs league, the Colts are ready to win now, and this idiot cocky GM wants to come in and steal Wentz for pennies. If he was the only team sure. But he isn't, and Howie can't hold off the Bears for long before they rescind their better offer and move on. 

Or maybe Howie needs to realise that his asset isn't worth what he thought. That teams aren't necessarily going to give Howie what he wants for a player who's future is unknown. Ballard I think is being smart. They want Wentz but they aren't willing to overpay for him. Because if they do and Wentz doesn't turn things around drastically then at least they didn't give up too much for him. 

The Eagles have very little leverage here. Wentz wants out but Wentz is also coming off of a down year where he was the worst QB in the league and got benched. And teams know that the Eagles want to move on and need to before that contract kicks in.

4 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

If fans were allowed in the stadium the boo’s would have been so bad Wentz would have been pulled at the bye.

No fans are needed. Last year he proved he doesn’t need fans in the stands to look atrocious. 

5 hours ago, Swoop said:

Sorry about your autism.

You literally lack no substance. You are claiming someone stinks before they even have a chance to play. You’re just hot garbage. 

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

Well, we don't know what's true and what's not.  For all we know this is mutual.

First, you forgot that the team drafted a QB in the 2nd and then made him the starter and benched Wentz (rightfully so), so if any starting QB things he's being demoted and thinks of himself as a starter, they're going to want to go somewhere else to start.

Second, there have been various reports that the team wanted to move on to Hurts as the starter, even firing Doug for not being on board.  If that's true (who knows?) then maybe it's not Wentz being a diva "demanding a trade" but the team choosing Hurts and wanting to see what they can get for Wentz.  If the team wants to move on from him and he's not demanding it, there goes the narrative about "his act" and this narrative that attacks his character.

It could also be a mutual parting of ways. The team wants to move on with Hurts, Carson wants to go elsewhere so they're exploring the best trade for all sides.  We don't know, it's all rumors and guesses...but some people are just working themselves into a frenzy and creating this narrative of Wentz with little to no basis.

The reports that the team wanted to move on to Hurts as the starter have to be nonsense, have to be, because if they were true then Howie surviving last season as the guy who drafted Wentz and drew up his millstone of a contract extension is unforgivably negligent stupidity.

Archived