Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

We're going to regret this

i agree...what an unmitigated disaster this team is from the top down. So do we waste a first round pick this year a QB or are we going to ride with hurts? way to many holes in this team to have to worry about QB this year!

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow what a terrible deal. I would have just kept Wentz. Not only did they not receive a 1st this year but they didnt receive a 2nd. I wonder what the condition is for the Eagles to receive a 1st next year is. 

Shocked that Howie rushed this and took this offer. 

Wentz is not welcomed in Philly...

Just now, philafan4o8 said:

Wow what a terrible deal. I would have just kept Wentz. Not only did they not receive a 1st this year but they didnt receive a 2nd. I wonder what the condition is for the Eagles to receive a 1st next year is. 

Wentz is not welcomed in Philly...

That he play 75% of the snaps... on defense... :huh: 

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

I am still under the belief that the Eagles will get a 1st for Wentz. Howie should not make a deal if that is not part of an offer. No need for additional picks or players, he just needs to get a 1st. But I don't blame him for trying to milk this. Eagles are in no rush.

This didn't age well.  The Eagles had no leverage after Wentz's camp scared every other team away by letting it be known he would only play for Indy. 

Sheeesh man this is the Eagles organization we all know and love. We could have had a dynasty after 2017 but instead we’re back to square one.  Get ready for another few decades of no championships. 

1 minute ago, philafan4o8 said:

Unfortunately they were staring getting nothing and having him on the roster, too many QBs became available.

Anyone that doesn't think that's a good deal is an idiot. The Eagles should have been giving picks, not getting them. 

Sh** always seems to work out for your stupid team. Cap hell this year, but a QB on the cheap for the next few. 

Mixed feeling on this one.

Carson seems like the kind of guy that needs to have his ego stroked.  He needs to be told he's great.  He needs to be given the starting job on a silver platter.  He's unable to handled the slightest bit of competition.  

That said, he is in the perfect situation in Indy.  He has no competition, and Frank Reich is a guy who will design his offense around Carson's strengths.  I can see this working out well for Carson and the Colts.

For us, we get rid of his massive contract and we get now roll with Jalen Hurts.  

3 minutes ago, DiPros said:

I was fan for the 1st 2 seasons.  There's goes another jersey

Hang it on the wall - he still helped us win a Super Bowl

The management of this entire episode has been horrifically bad.  The asinine Hurts draft pick was a huge part of what happened in the relationship between Wentz and the Eagles.  Hurts showed nothing special last year.  Wentz definitely needed to be rehabilitated, but he's shown more.  The Eagles are going to be a mess for years.

Just now, rrfierce said:

Thats a pretty poor trade. They must have really wanted rid of him.

3rd round picks are valuable, let's hope dumbarse doesn't f-up the draft or worst yet, trade the damn pick away.

3 minutes ago, CTEagles said:

i agree...what an unmitigated disaster this team is from the top down. So do we waste a first round pick this year a QB or are we going to ride with hurts? way to many holes in this team to have to worry about QB this year!

Totally agree.  We need to plug some of those holes and see what Jalen Hurts can do with a full year starting.  

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

Anyone that doesn't think that's a good deal is an idiot. The Eagles should have been giving picks, not getting them. 

Sh** always seems to work out for your stupid team. Cap hell this year, but a QB on the cheap for the next few. 

A valid point.  I still think Carson is a talent and I think he'll do well in Indy, but I'd rather have that cap relief.  Cheap QB + Expensive talent at other positions is a formula that won a few teams some championships!   

3 minutes ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

Sheeesh man this is the Eagles organization we all know and love. We could have had a dynasty after 2017 but instead we’re back to square one.  Get ready for another few decades of no championships. 

You gonna be Hurts 2 Ertz now?

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

3rd round picks are valuable, let's hope dumbarse doesn't f-up the draft or worst yet, trade the damn pick away.

Oh Howie will it F it up for sure.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

This didn't age well.  The Eagles had no leverage after Wentz scared every other team away. 

It still may become a 1st for 2022. 

6 minutes ago, DBW said:

Wow a 3rd and a conditional 2nd next year.  that’s awful 😂 

but, but he loved it here, it’s all lies, it’s Doug’s fault, lol. 

4 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

The management of this entire episode has been horrifically bad.  The asinine Hurts draft pick was a huge part of what happened in the relationship between Wentz and the Eagles.  Hurts showed nothing special last year.  Wentz definitely needed to be rehabilitated, but he's shown more.  The Eagles are going to be a mess for years.

Just highlights what a terrible decision it was to offer him that massive contract and then draft hurts. 

Because howie.

Archived