Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

22 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

Let's hope it turns into a high first rounder in 2022. 

Likely won't be. If they are bad next year im sure he'll get benched and not reach the required amount of snaps.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, B3 said:

Wentz could play 75% of snaps. 

:unsure:

:huh:

:roll:

He just needs to play 12ish games.  😐

This is actually a good deal.  Wentz will meet the snap demand next season barring injury and we'll likely have another top 20 pick to add to our own.  

2 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Now I can drop my Wentz jersey off at goodwill or amvets

Jokes on you I never bought one of him.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

Which defies logic because they signed Wentz to the big contract just months before drafting Hurts.  His new deal hasn't even kicked in yet and they trade him away.  What a cluster. 

Yeah they're morons. 

That's it. We are stuck with "I can't throw" Hurts and the trade got us peanuts? Seriously? F this team. Joke. 

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

And my uncle could become my aunt.  The whole situation is an indictment of Howie's business acumen. Shameful.

At least Wentz will know he'll have all of Philadelphia cheering for him to have a great year, I'm figuring the conditional 1st will depend on him winning 1 layoff game.

2 minutes ago, CTEagles said:

also not a pocket passer so hes going to wind up injured by constantly running the ball and we get stuck with the back up whoever that is.

Soooo basically where we already were?(McCown). 

1 minute ago, Sturm said:

Jokes on you I never bought one of him.

It was a gift. Boom! 

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

I haven't seen the details of the trade.  What are the benchmarks for that 2nd to become a 1st?

That's the million dollar question.

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

I am still under the belief that the Eagles will get a 1st for Wentz. Howie should not make a deal if that is not part of an offer. No need for additional picks or players, he just needs to get a 1st. But I don't blame him for trying to milk this. Eagles are in no rush.

29 days

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

At least Wentz will know he'll have all of Philadelphia cheering for him to have a great year, I'm figuring the conditional 1st will depend on him winning 1 layoff game.

He just needs to play 75% of the snaps. So, hopefully he just repeats 2020 😅

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

75% of snaps.

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

That's it. We are stuck with "I can't throw" Hurts and the trade got us peanuts? Seriously? F this team. Joke. 

A 1st and a 3rd isn't peanuts for the worst starter in the NFL last year.

The conditional second-rounder in 2022 becomes a first-round pick if Wentz plays 75 percent of the snaps in 2021, or 70 percent and the Colts make the playoffs

Just now, EagleVA said:

First off you dumbsheet, it’s a playoff game, not a layoff game. And he only needs to play 75% of the snaps or 70% of the snaps and Indy makes the playoffs. 

You can’t see me anyway but your ignorance needed pointed out. 

13 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Hang it on the wall - he still helped us win a Super Bowl

after BDN won the ring carson wimp couldn't live up to him and then he crap the bed with competition behind him. he lacks a back bone

Bad trade, bad compensation, bad management all around. It’s hard to be an Eagles fan right now.

So both Kevin Kolb and Sam Bradford netted better returns than Wentzand Howie is still employed...it's gonna be a fun decade of football

The Miami Dolphins have traded the 3rd pick in the 2021 NFL Draft to the Philadelphia Eagles for pick #6 and the 3rd from the Colts.

With the 3rd pick in the 2021 NFL Draft the Philadelphia Eagles select

Justin Fields. QB. Ohio State

Welp I thought they would/could get more than that.  Jeeze what a mess this Org has become.

I said it earlier: if Wentz was your guy, you don't draft Hurts. If Wentz wasn't your guy, you don't dole out that contract!! 

12 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

Awful, not a good return. If he lights it up, Roseman is gone

The fact that Roseman is still here is the problem. He should've been gone when Pederson was let go.

26 minutes ago, What The F said:

I hope that's not serious

It is.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/18/eagles-agree-to-trade-carson-wentz-to-colts/

Carson Wentz is heading to Indianapolis.

The Eagles have agreed to trade the 2016 No. 2 overall pick to the Colts, according to a report from ESPN’s Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen. Philadelphia will receive a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first-round pick.

The Colts were the natural destination for Wentz, who has familiarity with head coach Frank Reich from their shared time in Philadelphia. Reich was Wentz’s offensive coordinator for the first two years of his career from 2016-2017.

For the Eagles, the compensation is not as grand as the "Matthew Stafford package” they reportedly desired. But NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo reports the conditional pick will become a first-round selection if Wentz plays 75 percent of the Colts’ offensive snaps, or 70 percent of the snaps and the team makes the playoffs.

That means if Wentz is not performing well by midseason, Indianapolis would have a strong incentive to bench him.

Still the trade represents a fresh start for a quarterback who was at one point an MVP candidate, but in 2020 ended up riding the pine in Philadelphia.

Archived