Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

The 2nd could become a 1st.

And my uncle could become my aunt.  The whole situation is an indictment of Howie's business acumen. Shameful.

Just now, QBhunter58 said:

Awful, not a good return. If he lights it up, Roseman is gone

Roseman is never gone.  

going to be bad year of football...in addition to the other holes int he team probably not being addressed now we have to worry about what the QB position brings...hurts better be the real deal cause i dont want to waste a first round pick on another QB.

5 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Anyone that doesn't think that's a good deal is an idiot. The Eagles should have been giving picks, not getting them. 

Sh** always seems to work out for your stupid team. Cap hell this year, but a QB on the cheap for the next few. 

Who? Hurts? We don't even know if he's a good backup. He's played 4 games

Looks like a good deal to me. If Wentz isn’t a bum the Eagles get a 1st and a 3rd. If he is a bum the Eagles get a mid-2nd and a 3rd.

9 minutes ago, DiPros said:

I was fan for the 1st 2 seasons.  There's goes another jersey

Lol, if anything, this team has taught me to only buy jerseys from legendary players.

Just now, SBorBust said:

Looks like a good deal to me. If Wentz isn’t a bum the Eagles get a 1st and a 3rd. If he is a bum the Eagles get a mid-2nd and a 3rd.

If Wentz isn't a bum it could potentially be a very late first.

Here's to hoping he plays the required snaps and is terrible, so we get a high first 😂

Just now, SBorBust said:

I haven't seen the details of the trade.  What are the benchmarks for that 2nd to become a 1st?

Just now, SBorBust said:

or he gets back to 2017 form and we are stuck with a huge cap hit and whatever we have in hurts. 

8 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Thats a pretty poor trade. They must have really wanted rid of him.

When they took Hurts in the 2nd round, it showed they really wanted to get rid of him. 

Everyone should prepare themselves for Wentz to head to the Colts and play at an All Pro level.  It's a classic Eagles tale....

Just now, rrfierce said:

Just highlights what a terrible decision it was to offer him that massive contract and then draft hurtz. 

Because howie.

I absolutely hated that contract extension. Wentz never deserved it and felt he needed to show us more and take the risk it would cost us more in the end. I said then it will either make Howie look like genius or make him look like a complete fool. Has to be seen as one of the worst deals ever.

5 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Mixed feeling on this one.

Carson seems like the kind of guy that needs to have his ego stroked.  He needs to be told he's great.  He needs to be given the starting job on a silver platter.  He's unable to handled the slightest bit of competition.  

That said, he is in the perfect situation in Indy.  He has no competition, and Frank Reich is a guy who will design his offense around Carson's strengths.  I can see this working out well for Carson and the Colts.

For us, we get rid of his massive contract and we get now roll with Jalen Hurts.  

It honestly should work out for Wentz IF he can stay healthy, and allow himself to be fixed.  If he fails in Indy, then he's done

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Who? Hurts? We don't even know if he's a good backup. He's played 4 games

also not a pocket passer so hes going to wind up injured by constantly running the ball and we get stuck with the back up whoever that is.

A first and a third is a decent return here.  Yes, they could have held onto him and risked a QB getting injured before the season and a team being desperate.  But the risk then is he's stuck on your roster.  This needed to happen.  Now I'll just cheer for him to be healthy and suck.

How can Howie have a F-ing job, honestly he is a joke and the worst GM in football. Lions get 2 first round picks and a replacement QB for Stafford, Howie gets a 3rd, a conditional 2 and eats 34 million, what a dumb ass.

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

When they took Hurts in the 2nd round, it showed they really wanted to get rid of him. 

I don't think that was the case. I think they took Hurts without consulting or knowing how Wentz would react.

Just now, Gannan said:

Which defies logic because they signed Wentz to the big contract just months before drafting Hurts.  His new deal hasn't even kicked in yet and they trade him away.  What a cluster. 

Archived