Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

Just now, jsdarkstar said:

So did Wentz and Doug stop talking before the benching or only after? 

Seems like before

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Seems like before

If so, then that's a good reason for Doug to be fired and Wentz to be traded. That type of thing is a cancer to the Organization and it was right to be excised. 

37 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Why is he a hypocrite?

There are many selfish examples from this guy dividing the locker room, ignoring criticism from his coaches on the practice field, declining technique changes and being disrespectful in the quarterback room are just some examples that don't neccesarily fall into the Christian way of living. Than the guy is constantly throwing out Bible verses. Gtfo of here with that Wentz. That reminds me of a old christian quote. "Through adversity, trust that God will guide you into the direction". So that means be a egotistical person and ignore your coach for 8 weeks? 

To me he could of been a better person through all of this. We got to see his real character. This organization bought into him as a person and a player 100%. And unfortunately he failed at both.

7 hours ago, XoqTionR said:

Hurts is going to surprise you.

No he isn't. I watched him for three years. I know exactly what he is. A run first can't throw down the middle of the field "QB". 

14 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

No he isn't. I watched him for three years. I know exactly what he is. A run first can't throw down the middle of the field "QB". 

I'll gladly take this 20-30 times a game. That alone is an upgrade above what we saw outta #11 killing plays all of last year.

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I can't wait to draft that guy!

Seriously, you will change your tune pretty quickly when the predictably limited, fumble machine QB that you reference starts losing.

I am not saying Hurts is the answer lol. I’m just saying he has the right mindset. Let’s focus on the guy that is on the team that is willing to compete and be a real leader. If he got "it” then cool if not then on to the next

nice try tho

3 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I am not saying Hurts is the answer lol. I’m just saying he has the right mindset. Let’s focus on the guy that is on the team that is willing to compete and be a real leader. If he got "it” then cool if not then on to the next

nice try tho

Completely agree. Teams can have all the talent in the world. If they have a divided locker room, question teammates work ethic than there going nowhere.

59 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

nice try tho

It’s pretty comical that some people have already completely written off Hurts.  He could be the guy ... he may not be.  No one knows.    Need more time to get a more thorough evaluation to have a better idea. 

28 minutes ago, time2rock said:

It’s pretty comical that some people have already completely written off Hurts.  He could be the guy ... he may not be.  No one knows.    Need more time to get a more thorough evaluation to have a better idea. 

I think more are willing to give him a chance then not. Only a handful are morons and want one of these QBs at 6. I think you will have a lot more people rooting for Hurts to start and prove himself including the Wentz supporters. Problem is all the Wentz haters will turn on Hurts just as fast if he doesnt show success early which is not what we should expect. But some of these fans do just that, always looking for the backup QB to come in. This will be a few years project and the realistic fans understand that.

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Now that this dude is no longer an Eagle should this thread be closed and conversations about this guy be put in some kind of Fate if Former Eagles thread? 

If you don't like the thread don't post in it? Easy. You are welcome! And technically he still is an eagle until March BTW. 

6 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I can't wait to draft that guy!

Seriously, you will change your tune pretty quickly when the predictably limited, fumble machine QB that you reference starts losing.

Starts losing? Already has been. 

12 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I think more are willing to give him a chance then not. Only a handful are morons and want one of these QBs at 6. I think you will have a lot more people rooting for Hurts to start and prove himself including the Wentz supporters. Problem is all the Wentz haters will turn on Hurts just as fast if he doesnt show success early which is not what we should expect. But some of these fans do just that, always looking for the backup QB to come in. This will be a few years project and the realistic fans understand that.

I’d prefer to have a QB that may start a bit slowly but continue to progress vs. having a QB that starts off hot for a couple of years but then goes on a downward trajectory over the next several.  

Hurts is "all we got".  Is he "all we need?"  Most likely not.  There'll be at least a couple more added to the room.  Hope the kid is cool with it........

Hey; I'm not gonna complain about him.  I've wanted more of a running game for years!

FWIW: *not a lot*: I didn't see him as a pro when he left Bama for all the reasons expounded.

In his time at Oklahoma, it looked like Riley did a GREAT job working with him in the passing game.  Tough situation in '20.  No camp, no real pre-season 4 late starts.  I'm OK with giving him a full year under a new staff to see how he fits.  He is a leader, so there's that.

What I don't want is for Lowie to blow this draft trading up for a QB.  They're not getting Lawrence, and everybody else is as big a ? to me as Jalen is.  "If" they take one at 6 the damage is at least limited to that pick.  They blow this draft to get to #3 or something and I'm gonna have to consider taking a decade off from watching the NFL.  The club is BAD-real bad.  They need to hit on a huge # of picks over the next 2-3 years to rebuild it.  All they're gonna do if they bring another one in now is wreck him like they did the last one.

Just 1 man's opinion.

7 hours ago, Infam said:

Listen, I am not making excuses for his terrible play. But I don't think he got DP fired, really don't.

What got Pederson fired was his inability to replace the original staff he mostly lucked into.  Press Taylor sucked, and he refused to move on from him.  He also chafed at LOWIE telling him who to hire/fire within his own staff.  He came the 2nd meeting, after being given time to "reassess" this years staff with the exact same names.  Doug w-a-n-t-e-d to get fired.

4 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Clearly you didn’t watch him in 19 or 20. Hell, Carson couldn’t even hit a 5 yard screen pass effectively. 

22 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Clearly you didn’t watch him in 19 or 20. He’ll, Carson couldn’t even hit a 5 yard screen pass effectively. 

This. Not only would he telegraph the play, but he’d sail it, allowing defenders ample time to crush whoever was taking said screen. 

4 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

A lot of his runs at Alabama were call runs. 

I can't stand coaches that want to use their QB as a RB. 

From my perspective the only times a QB should run the ball are on QB sneaks, pass plays when it's the QB's decision, or a surprise QB run.  When there are called QB runs on 25% or more of the plays you have an OC that you need to get rid of. 

43 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Clearly you didn’t watch him in 19 or 20. He’ll, Carson couldn’t even hit a 5 yard screen pass effectively. 

Yeah, regardless of anything else, accuracy is what got Wentz dismissed and if Hurts doesn't get his accuracy up to par it's gonna get him dismissed also, accuracy is job #1 for a QB.

13 hours ago, NOTW said:

:whistle:

So quick with the hate and criticism. of course he was going to say a respectful goodbye. 

It's not really hate, at least not from me. It's just a natural silly thing to feel as a fan I guess. It's like breaking up with someone in a very trivial way... I liked him as a player and as a person, but he decides to "leave" and I feel "betrayed". Eventually this absolutely terrible wound heals and I can choose to love or hate another player who doesn't know I exist.

What we all write in here is irrelevant to our real lives and the players' lives. Just a place to share our thoughts knowing that you'll be criticized no matter what. Because we'll, it's TATE 😅.

3 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

nice try tho

Nice try at creating a narrative about his leadership and competitiveness...which you have no idea if he has or not...and even if he does possess those, a low completion percentage and fumbles quickly offset it.  Thanks for playing.

8 hours ago, Infam said:

Listen, I am not making excuses for his terrible play. But I don't think he got DP fired, really don't.

I do.   I really do. 

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Starts losing? Already has been. 

Just wait until next year when all of those bad traits come rolling back and the excuses will be gone.  I think his ceiling is so low that a midget has to duck.  

And I hope that I am wrong about all of that...

12 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Yeah, regardless of anything else, accuracy is what got Wentz dismissed and if Hurts doesn't get his accuracy up to par it's gonna get him dismissed also, accuracy is job #1 for a QB.

That and not turning the ball over.  Wentz was over the top this year and Hurts was no better.  Worse with fumbles, by far.

On 2/19/2021 at 12:59 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

I think it falls neatly in line with everything we've seen from Wentz these last couple of years, and Schefter is pretty reliable. Time to face the music, Eagles fam: Wentz is a weak-minded, emotionally insecure loser. He might very well find some success in Indy if Reich plays psychologist for him, but it was never gonna work out here. Wentz ain't built for Philly 

Truer words were never spoken. How he fares in his current situation will tell us a lot.

Archived