JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

9 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Garbage time is usually when the other team has a huge lead and is playing prevent or resting their starters. Washington was playing their starters and trying to win so they, not NYG, would go to the playoffs. You can't just change the rules to win an argument. Sorry. 

You don't have to like JJAW and I don't care if you don't. I just know that he was given a chance to play and played well in our final game. If that bothers you, then I think it's funny. 

It's a shame that our bar for played well has been set somewhere beneath 40 yards and 0 TDs.

6 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Garbage time is usually when the other team has a huge lead and is playing prevent or resting their starters. Washington was playing their starters and trying to win so they, not NYG, would go to the playoffs. You can't just change the rules to win an argument. Sorry. 

You don't have to like JJAW and I don't care if you don't. I just know that he was given a chance to play and played well in our final game. If that bothers you, then I think it's funny. 

If you view JJ as having promise, likewise, I don't care.  

I for one said immediately after the draft he was a horrible pick, I viewed his college highlights and saw what he had and knew it didn't translate to the NFL.

I did point out that he has good quickness for a WR of his size.

Lastly, my intention is never to win an argument, I just explain my reasoning for my opinions.  There are no winners or losers when it comes to opinions, everyone is entitled to theirs.

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

It's a shame that our bar for played well has been set somewhere beneath 40 yards and 0 TDs.

I think you're confusing "played well" with "had a great game."

All the receivers on this play "played well," but none were thrown to:

28 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I think you're confusing "played well" with "had a great game."

All the receivers on this play "played well," but none were thrown to:

Enough already.

7 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Enough already.

Holy crap, put me on ignore, dude. That's not even a JJAW video,  (like any of you would know since watching videos is too confusing for you if it involves football. ) If you want this thread to die, stop responding.

Where JJAW stands now?  He did next to nothing the last season.  Not a favorite of the fans.  He is still on the roster.  A new coaching staff coming in.  They probably won't cut him loose right away, given that he was a high pick.  Could they coach him up to the point he could contribute and/or bring some value in a trade?

8 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

Could they coach him up to the point he could contribute and/or bring some value in a trade?

I suspect because of the change in coaching staff they will give him this year. They'll find a way to justify his last 2 years and give him a final shot. I could be wrong but I just don't see them getting anything in a trade and so they may as well keep him as an option. 

I don't think the fans expect anything from him at this point but hey you never know. Perhaps Hurts will build a trust with him?

1 hour ago, Penn7980 said:

Where JJAW stands now?  He did next to nothing the last season.  Not a favorite of the fans.  He is still on the roster.  A new coaching staff coming in.  They probably won't cut him loose right away, given that he was a high pick.  Could they coach him up to the point he could contribute and/or bring some value in a trade?

No

3 hours ago, Penn7980 said:

Good questions, but not something that can be answered completely at this time. As of right now, he has virtually no trade value to another team. I mean, you might be able to use him to swap 7th round picks with another team that liked him in the 2019 draft. He has not contributed to the Eagles special teams in any way and was not a valued target of Wentz when he played with him. So you have to believe he's on the bubble. The good news for him is that he moved up the Depth Chart with the release of Jeffery. Right now, I'd guess at X it's Fulgham and then JJAW as things currently stand. That could change as soon as the draft is complete. He reportedly had a strong camp last year, but the only person on the staff that will remember that is Moorehead (but that could actually work in JJAW's favor). Also, Sirianni reportedly values blocking in his WRs and JJAW is currently our best blocking WR on the roster. One final thing in JJAW's favor is moving forward with a new QB. Wentz simply didn't throw to JJAW much at all and, IMO, didn't throw to WRs as much as you should expect a QB to do. Hurts, on the other hand, has done a better job, than Wentz, at spreading the ball around, and tries to get more WRs involved. In the one game he played with JJAW, he targeted him 3 times, so there is hope for JJAW. But he's going to have to prove that he deserves to stick around.

If we do not draft a WR early, I am actually pretty confident in Fulgham becoming the starter at X. If you watch the film of him from Week 4 - Week 8, this is not a "fluke" player.  We picked up 3 of our 4 wins on the season during that stretch where Fulgham was the bright spot. He had a tough game in Cleveland, but that was no reason to just hand a majority of the snaps back to Jeffery going forward. Anyway, if things play out there like I expect, JJAW has to find a role as a backup where he can produce as a WR. We haven't really used him as the type of WR he was drafted to be, so it will be up to Sirianni to find a use for him. If he makes the roster as a backup, I hope he can at least contribute somewhere on ST as well. If we're going to keep him, he has to help us win games in some fashion (By fashion, I don't mean posing under umbrellas ). 

image.thumb.jpeg.1e6a2e4093439f5837a1f46b38862134.jpeg

Hi, I am one of the shittiest picks in Eagles history.  Many people confuse me with Mr. Ed, but we are very different.  Mr. Ed has hooves while I have bricks.  

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone else posted this - but Hurts has been working out with his receivers, and there is no mention of JJAW

1 hour ago, Procus said:

Not sure if anyone else posted this - but Hurts has been working out with his receivers, and there is no mention of JJAW

Well Hurts can't get much of a work out if he's brought JJAW along...

On 5/5/2021 at 1:16 PM, Procus said:

He needs receivers out there and not blockers. 

On 3/1/2021 at 4:20 PM, Penn7980 said:

Same WR coach and the Eagles feel so poorly about his progress they have drafted four wide receivers since they selected him and traded up to get one of them. He’s well behind all of those guys on the roster and is also behind Ward and Fulgham. He doesn’t play special teams, but the Eagles did drop a lot of veterans at the position this past season. If the Eagles keep 7 receivers he might make the team, but clearly he’s on the bubble and if he’s outplayed by a different guy on the bubble he’s likely gone. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Your caption?

Woa hold up there, where do you think you are going? You lost rock paper scissors get off my field!

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Your caption?

This isn’t college son. One foot in will not work here. 

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Your caption?

Whoa whoa whoa, what are you doing on this field? This is for NFL players only.

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

Your caption?

Siriani: "Okay. You can block. Can you do anything else?"

JJAW: "Look what I'm doing to that football by the pylon."

Siriani: "That's actually pretty amazing, but I just want to see you elevate your game."

JJAW: "Jon Dorenbos hasn't taught me that trick yet ... anyway ... have you seen my umbrella?"

• 2 weeks later...

Guess who is already in the hall of fame! Didn't feel like looking for the Reagor thread lol. 

PXL_20210615_184537721.jpg

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

5d434c192432f.image.jpg

Guy needs to accept he's going bald and get a proper haircut, as it is he looks like the victim of a hazing prank involving glue and pubic hair.

Archived