JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

I know its mostly irrelevant, but I picked Metcalf top 15 with the Bengals in the EMB Mock Draft. I think 8th overall. 

I cannot believe they passed on him for JJAW. You HAVE to be able to separate in the NFL.

1 hour ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Oh you saw that, eh? I just stared in wonder at his pregame warmups and just marvelled at the talent the man has.....and then I think about JJAW and want to just cry.....

Someone on the radio said that JJAW was a Wentz request saying that he’s linked to his agent or something? I didn’t look more into it, but it was mentioned. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Someone on the radio said that JJAW was a Wentz request saying that he’s linked to his agent or something? I didn’t look more into it, but it was mentioned. 

LMFAO people want to blame literally everything on Wentz. I suppose the Hurts pick was his request too. :lol:

2 hours ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

LMFAO people want to blame literally everything on Wentz. I suppose the Hurts pick was his request too. :lol:

Regardless if it’s true or not I blame Howie for the pick. He’s the one who made the selection and if something as trivial as that sways him the Eagles are more screwed than we think.

UPDATED

JJAW - 57th overall - 2 targets, 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 TD's

Parris Campbell - 59th overall - 9 targets, 6 receptions, 71 yards, 0 TD's - Left week two game in first quarter with injury

Andy Isabella - 62nd overall - 2 targets, 2 receptions, 67 yards, 0 TD's

DK Metcalf - 64th overall - 14 targets, 8 receptions, 187 yards, 2 TD's

Dionate Johnson - 66th overall - 23 targets, 14 receptions, 149 yards, 1 TD

Terry McLaurin - 76th overall - 17 targets, 12 receptions, 186 yards, 1 TD

Miles Boykin - 93rd overall - 9 targets, 7 receptions, 75 yards 0 TD's

Hunter Renfrow - 149th overall - 5 targets, 5 receptions, 58 yards, 0 TD's

Darius Slayton - 171st overall - 15 targets, 9 receptions, 135 yards, 2 TD's

1 hour ago, T-1000 said:

UPDATED

JJAW - 57th overall - 2 targets, 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 TD's

Parris Campbell - 59th overall - 9 targets, 6 receptions, 71 yards, 0 TD's - Left week two game in first quarter with injury

Andy Isabella - 62nd overall - 2 targets, 2 receptions, 67 yards, 0 TD's

DK Metcalf - 64th overall - 14 targets, 8 receptions, 187 yards, 2 TD's

Dionate Johnson - 66th overall - 23 targets, 14 receptions, 149 yards, 1 TD

Terry McLaurin - 76th overall - 17 targets, 12 receptions, 186 yards, 1 TD

Miles Boykin - 93rd overall - 9 targets, 7 receptions, 75 yards 0 TD's

Hunter Renfrow - 149th overall - 5 targets, 5 receptions, 58 yards, 0 TD's

Darius Slayton - 171st overall - 15 targets, 9 receptions, 135 yards, 2 TD's

To date, JJAW’s performances have been  just absolutely abysmal. 

Dude has now had meaningful snaps in at least a dozen games now - most of them were last year when we didn’t really have another legitimate WR threat either to take looks away from him. Out of all that time, he has 10 catches to show for it. Seriously, UDFA produce more than that. At his current production level, snaps given to him are a straight up liability because you just know that’s one guy running a route who ain’t getting open. Let’s hope he improves by a lot on a quick hurry or this is a worse pick than Sidney Jones. 

Its still too early to completely right JJAW off but at this point it's certainly looking like he's not going to work out. I mean we have seen next to nothing to suggest that he's going to turn it around. 

15 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Its still too early to completely right JJAW off but at this point it's certainly looking like he's not going to work out. I mean we have seen next to nothing to suggest that he's going to turn it around. 

How many more games do you need to see zeros in his stat line?

35 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I know I keep saying it, but JJAW sucks. What a terrible pick.

Yep....I don’t always get drafts and prospects right but I want exactly in love with our draft last year. Hated both Dillard (thought he lacked power and strength) and JJAW (speed / separation) picks. Really wished and still do that I am wrong about at least one of those two.

i liked Sanders (was my #2 behind Henderson) - glad Eagles got that one right. But coming away with one player from 3 picks in the top two rounds when we hadn’t had a lot of premium picks in the previous 3 drafts / mostly missed on the ones we did have is a huge disappointment and will set this franchise back quite a bit.

There is honestly not point in even keeping him on the roster at this point. It's obvious to anyone who watches football and knows anything about it that the guy can't play. Deontay Burnett is better than him and should be on the active roster in his place.

Why not make him run a real short route or throw him A screen pass so he can use his big body with some Wrs blocking for him maybe for a short yardage situation.......this guy hasn't seen the ball at all and teams notice that and will watch Djack and Reagor more imo.   Jeffery's did it....what so hard lol          

8 hours ago, MagicMoment said:

How many more games do you need to see zeros in his stat line?

We couldn't write him off after last year so adding 2 more games to that doesn't mean we can write him off now either. Look it doesn't seem like it's going to work out but we can't definitively say that just yet. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We couldn't write him off after last year so adding 2 more games to that doesn't mean we can write him off now either. Look it doesn't seem like it's going to work out but we can't definitively say that just yet. 

He keeps it up and they may cut him mid year to add depth elsewhere.

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I can say it because I have been vocal about his lack of talent before the eagles drafted him. I am a PAC 12 guy and I saw the writing on the wall for this guy but he is actually worse than I expected surprisingly

29 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

He keeps it up and they may cut him mid year to add depth elsewhere.

Howie Rossman and Doug Pederson are so arrogant that they will give him more time that the average person to show some production. Even when they cut him they will say it was because of his injuries or something.

On 9/22/2020 at 2:02 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Feels like a higher drafted worse version of Mack Hollins. 

9 hours ago, Doyoubelieve#20 said:

Why not make him run a real short route or throw him A screen pass so he can use his big body with some Wrs blocking for him maybe for a short yardage situation.......this guy hasn't seen the ball at all and teams notice that and will watch Djack and Reagor more imo.   Jeffery's did it....what so hard lol          

Even when the ball hit him in the hands he dropped it from contact. He doesn’t look like he belongs in the NFL.

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

I can say it because I have been vocal about his lack of talent before the eagles drafted him. I am a PAC 12 guy and I saw the writing on the wall for this guy but he is actually worse than I expected surprisingly

OK well you are better placed than me, and others, to write him off but the organisation aren't going to yet.

Archived