JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I do agree, actually.  The time to be distressed about JJAW was when they thought he was worth a 2nd round pick...when they thought a 2 TE offense should also have a slow possession WR...when they had him on the field all game long just blocking.

Now, they know what they have in him (more accurately, what they don't have).  He's just a back of the roster WR who will not see the field on offense and will try hard on ST.  He's actually fine for that.  I trust that he's better for that job than Hightower and Fulgham.

The sad thing is he’s getting 2nd round pick money to do this, but it’s more than what he did his first couple of seasons.

4 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I do agree, actually.  The time to be distressed about JJAW was when they thought he was worth a 2nd round pick...when they thought a 2 TE offense should also have a slow possession WR...when they had him on the field all game long just blocking.

Now, they know what they have in him (more accurately, what they don't have).  He's just a back of the roster WR who will not see the field on offense and will try hard on ST.  He's actually fine for that.  I trust that he's better for that job than Hightower and Fulgham.

He is the new Hank Baskett!!!! 

They cut this guy: 38 rec's, 539 yards and 4 TD's

and kept this guy: 14 rec's, 254 yards and 1 TD

But he's a practice and preseason warrior baby!!!!

24 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Both are bottom of the roster players. Who cares? 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Both are bottom of the roster players. Who cares? 

Then why not keep the better one? Or cut both and pick somebody off the waiver wire?

It's about bettering your roster that's why people care.

2 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Then why not keep the better one? Or cut both and pick somebody off the waiver wire?

It's about bettering your roster that's why people care.

Fulgham probably isn’t the better player. Sirianni has no ties to the 2020 season. Fulgham’s job was to show he belongs like Quez Watkins did. If he’s still living off a 4 game stretch from last season he deserved to be cut. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Fulgham probably isn’t the better player. Sirianni has no ties to the 2020 season. Fulgham’s job was to show he belongs like Quez Watkins did. If he’s still living off a 4 game stretch from last season he deserved to be cut. 

Obviously not in practice or preseason but in games that count he's proven to be, hopefully Sirianni knows what he's doing but I have my doubts.

26 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Obviously not in practice or preseason but in games that count he's proven to be, hopefully Sirianni knows what he's doing but I have my doubts.

I can’t say I have full confidence in Sirianni either, but I’m not so convinced he made this roster choice anyways. Because JJAW was a draftpick he obviously gets more leeway, but that’s also why Fulgham needed to show now more than ever he deserved a roster spot. The only thing that Fulgham did that stood out for this coaching staff was fumbling into the end zone for a touchback. JJAW didn’t do much, but he did more than that. 

41 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I can’t say I have full confidence in Sirianni either, but I’m not so convinced he made this roster choice anyways. Because JJAW was a draftpick he obviously gets more leeway, but that’s also why Fulgham needed to show now more than ever he deserved a roster spot. The only thing that Fulgham did that stood out for this coaching staff was fumbling into the end zone for a touchback. JJAW didn’t do much, but he did more than that. 

And piss and moan because he had to keep playing well  to get on the field. Seems to be a trend in this city lately. Effing cry babies that think they have already arrived and don't want to do have to compete anymore. 

The blue collar players for Philly are gone, now we have just a bunch cucks 

44 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yep - people just need to get over JJAW. Yes he was a bad pick. Yes with hindsight they should have picked Metcalf (but there were plenty of red flags about DK, that this board would have moaned hugely about if he didn't work out). Yes he is going to get more leeway than UDFA/low round rookies.

But he has showed just enough that they want to see if he can be close to the guy they thought they were getting. He probably won't be, but we can't undo the pick and he's the kind of project that another team might pick up and who knows with better coaching (amazing how many other highly drafted players who have shown nothing people want to pick up/trade for).

There are plenty of players on this roster who won't amount to anything (where's the Avery thread), but people are just obsessed with WRs. 

16 hours ago, nipples said:

The facts are, though, that both Hightower and Fulgham had a chance to push him out and BOTH came up incredibly small throughout camp and preseason. Neither did even as much as JJAW, which is pretty sad. 

Tells you just how bad the WR group is.  Hopefully Smith is great, Reagor so far seems like a JAG and the rest are garbage.

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He is the new Hank Baskett!!!! 

these 2 are not the same!

501bcb2eb43466d5a76d09c6a10b08da.jpg

hank-baskett-kendra-wilkinson-ups-and-do

2 hours ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Using this logic, you have to keep Fulgham over Reagor, too.

Reagor: 31 rec's, 396 yards and 1 TD

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

these 2 are not the same!

501bcb2eb43466d5a76d09c6a10b08da.jpg

hank-baskett-kendra-wilkinson-ups-and-do

Hank Baskett’s Trans Sidepiece Details Their Dirty Deeds… And Passes Lie Detector Test! 

I beg to differ

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Tells you just how bad the WR group is.  Hopefully Smith is great, Reagor so far seems like a JAG and the rest are garbage.

I’m not ready to say Quez is garbage. Dude could turn out to be a real nice playmaker for us. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The 4 game stretch wasn't that great if you know what you're looking at, on many of his receptions there was next to no separation at all, and when teams took notice of him he was easily shutdown because there was still next to no separation.  

8 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

The 4 game stretch wasn't that great if you know what you're looking at, on many of his receptions there was next to no separation at all, and when teams took notice of him he was easily shutdown because there was still next to no separation.  

Except for all the times that there was.  If someone could quote this because the fraud ignores people who prove him wrong.

We are talking about the same guy who said Miles Sanders fumbling problems in college where at the end of long runs, and then I showed all of them and they were all within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage.

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

And piss and moan because he had to keep playing well  to get on the field. Seems to be a trend in this city lately. Effing cry babies that think they have already arrived and don't want to do have to compete anymore. 

The blue collar players for Philly are gone, now we have just a bunch cucks 

Fulgham cleared waivers. Guess 31 other teams weren’t sold on those 4 games either.

1 minute ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Fulgham cleared waivers. Guess 31 other teams weren’t sold on those 4 games either.

Right, they saw the same thing I saw.

54 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Gee what a shocker a slow footed practice squad bum with a bad attitude wasn't thought of too highly of around the league. 

It wasn't even 4 games, he had the clutch catch against the niners and then blew the rest of his load against the Steelers. That's the game everyone hangs their hat  on with this guy. 

The only reason anyone around here thinks he is good is because the rest of the receivers were dog sheet. I'm sick of having to argue over these damn losers because our freaking 1st and 2nd round picks are worse then practice squad players. It's getting very old. 

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The blue collar players for Philly are gone

Kelce, Mailata, Singleton ...

It's a different world today.  So many athletes get into the NFL with a sense of entitlement. Sometimes, the blue collar guys aren't appreciated either.

6 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Kelce, Mailata, Singleton ...

It's a different world today.  So many athletes get into the NFL with a sense of entitlement. Sometimes, the blue collar guys aren't appreciated either.

Kelce will be gone next year and Mailata has to be here and play longer then one season. Singleton is cool 

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Mailata has to be here and play longer then one season.

I'm not sure I follow. This is already going to be his 2nd season starting. Last year it was because of injuries at first, then it was clear he was outplaying Peters and Peters was moved to RG. The dude puts in the work and it has shown. 

https://fo-fo.facebook.com/SportTelegraph/videos/i-didnt-come-to-take-part-i-came-to-take-overaussie-former-rugby-league-prospect/1926067190805808/

11 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I'm not sure I follow. This is already going to be his 2nd season starting. Last year it was because of injuries at first, then it was clear he was outplaying Peters and Peters was moved to RG. The dude puts in the work and it has shown. 

https://fo-fo.facebook.com/SportTelegraph/videos/i-didnt-come-to-take-part-i-came-to-take-overaussie-former-rugby-league-prospect/1926067190805808/

🤷

Archived