JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

16 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I can see Howie telling Nick to see if he can make something out of him so it's not a wasted pick. 

Unfortunately so can I. They'll end up cutting a WR who could actually have an impact for JJAW who won't do a thing. 

22 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Unfortunately so can I. They'll end up cutting a WR who could actually have an impact for JJAW who won't do a thing. 

Not many options to cut though. This dude is just a waste of space. Can’t play special teams and can’t even get open against backup defenders. Not sure if you can even make this guy a water boy.

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Not many options to cut though. This dude is just a waste of space. Can’t play special teams and can’t even get open against backup defenders. Not sure if you can even make this guy a water boy.

We won't know if he can play water boy until he gets out from his umbrella and gets some damn water!!

Glad Eliot is not in our front office…or is he?

Ward and Hightower are both guys I can see leaving this team and balling elsewhere. Whiteside is sure to be a bum in any other situation 

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

FYI, they  are using him on ST this year. He had 7 ST snaps last Thursday. Obviously, he needs to perform well there in order to stick around another year. It's something to keep an eye on in the preseason. 

IMO, there are 5 WRs on our roster definitely better than JJAW. I am predicting we start the season with only 5 WRs on the final 53. ESP has JJAW ahead of Ward. I have Ward ahead of JJAW. So, I believe that if JJAW makes this team as the 6th WR, he will have to prove to be valuable on ST to make the case to keep 6. 

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

Glad Eliot is not in our front office…or is he?

Ward and Hightower are both guys I can see leaving this team and balling elsewhere. Whiteside is sure to be a bum in any other situation 

Stopped reading at Shorr-Parks.  

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

FYI, they  are using him on ST this year. He had 7 ST snaps last Thursday. Obviously, he needs to perform well there in order to stick around another year. It's something to keep an eye on in the preseason. 

IMO, there are 5 WRs on our roster definitely better than JJAW. I am predicting we start the season with only 5 WRs on the final 53. ESP has JJAW ahead of Ward. I have Ward ahead of JJAW. So, I believe that if JJAW makes this team as the 6th WR, he will have to prove to be valuable on ST to make the case to keep 6. 

I think Ward definitely makes the team.

I also think JJAW does as the 6th receiver. Not saying he should but I think he probably will.

31 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I also think JJAW does as the 6th receiver. Not saying he should but I think he probably will.

I think the deciding factor on keeping 6 WRs is whether or not Ertz is traded. I don't think the Eagles want to risk losing T. Jackson and will keep 4 TEs if Ertz is here. Rodgers is too valuable of a blocker to keep Jackson over him. 

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

7 ST snaps and a throw away his way. Yeah he’s a keeper. 😂🤣😂

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

7 ST snaps and a throw away his way. Yeah he’s a keeper. 😂🤣😂

He's not the only guy they are looking at in a preseason game. I just thought it was about time someone took a look at him there. The previous coaching staff should have been doing that, IMO.

12 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I agree but Howie may not want to give up on his second round pick just yet. He absolutely should but this is Howie. 

23 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I agree but Howie may not want to give up on his second round pick just yet. He absolutely should but this is Howie. 

I'm not sure where this narrative comes from?? Howie has cut 1st and 2nd round players after 1-3 years plenty of times. 

It absolutely sucks that we have to keep cutting 1st and 2nd picks and it shouldn't have to happen so often but, to pretend  Howie won't  cut guys because of where they were drafted is false. 

They should be trying to get something out of these guys and in most cases you have to at least give them 2 -3 yrs especially when they were drafted so high.

That being said he does cut guys after 2 yrs. And JJ definitely needs to go

8 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I think the deciding factor on keeping 6 WRs is whether or not Ertz is traded. I don't think the Eagles want to risk losing T. Jackson and will keep 4 TEs if Ertz is here. Rodgers is too valuable of a blocker to keep Jackson over him. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You may be right re 6 WR and more TEs. Also in JJAW’s favour is that he is a big bodied receiver on a team where the only other big bodied WR is Travis Fulgham who had an incredible 5 games but disappeared after that and has reportedly not had a good camp.

59 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

You may be right re 6 WR and more TEs. Also in JJAW’s favour is that he is a big bodied receiver on a team where the only other big bodied WR is Travis Fulgham who had an incredible 5 games but disappeared after that and has reportedly not had a good camp.

For what it's worth in his time at the Colts, 2 years our of 3 their initial 53 had 4 TE's and 6 WR's. 

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Fulgham isn't having a good camp?? I'm shocked! 🙄

I can't wait for a time when I don't ever have to hear the nickname "JJAW" again. 

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I see other teams give up on 2nd round picks for doing more. I guess it would feel better if we saw some flashes occasionally, but really any flashes from JJAW have been few and very far between. 

15 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I’d rather keep 4 TEs than a receiver who can’t get open and doesn’t play special teams.

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I see other teams give up on 2nd round picks for doing more. I guess it would feel better if we saw some flashes occasionally, but really any flashes from JJAW have been few and very far between. 

He's flashed in TC before... To the point where when he does it now we don't look in to it at all. 

8 hours ago, John Blutarski said:

I can't wait for a time when I don't ever have to hear the nickname "JJAW" again. 

Just call him JJ-AWFUL or JJLOL instead.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's flashed in TC before... To the point where when he does it now we don't look in to it at all. 

When it comes to JJAW and when it comes to Reagor it’s like the fans had one choice, but the Eagles made a different one. It’s one thing for these guys to not outplay the fan choices, but the fact these guys look so woefully bad compared to those choices is what is the most troublesome. The fans shouldn’t look smarter than the decision makers in back to back seasons. How ironic the Eagles allegedly didn’t want Jefferson because he was a slot guy are now playing the guy the drafted instead in the slot mostly? 

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

bingo. New coaching staff though might have the wool pulled over their eyes. I would cut him, but if they really feel they need to see more they could always stash him on the ps (actually I am not sure about that, but it seems right)

44 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

When it comes to JJAW and when it comes to Reagor it’s like the fans had one choice, but the Eagles made a different one. It’s one thing for these guys to not outplay the fan choices, but the fact these guys look so woefully bad compared to those choices is what is the most troublesome. The fans shouldn’t look smarter than the decision makers in back to back seasons. How ironic the Eagles allegedly didn’t want Jefferson because he was a slot guy are now playing the guy the drafted instead in the slot mostly? 

I mean look I think it's too early to say that Reagor is woeful but I still take your point. Reagor was not just outplayed by Jefferson but let's be honest was ripped to shreds in their rookie years. And you are absolutely right that the fans in back to back years would have made a different call and would have been absolutely spot on with that call. Howie is a truly terrible draft evaluator. It's why this team will need to be rebuilt in other ways for the most part. 

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’d rather keep 4 TEs than a receiver who can’t get open and doesn’t play special teams.

To be fair to JJAW he did have one special teams tackle in the preseason game. Apparently that's progress. For a 2nd round pick. 

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Lol give it some time. Anything can happen in this league. Everyone points out specific picks like Whiteside (who is indeed trash) and Reagor (jury is still out on). Yet no one talk about how Taters loved Dillard, Derek Barnett and Sidney Jones when they were drafted.

I always been high on Reagor, he annoys me but he should get a fair shake. Eagles draft class this year looks solid but we will see how it plays out

Archived