JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

11 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Hell Josh Perkins gave us more than this scrub and he Can’t buy a roster spot

Just seems like Howie’s top picks get more chances for fail than they should. 

14 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Yeah, and I sarcastically responded, pointing out that our WRs didn't even get a chance to be the problem Thursday with the combination of terrible QB play and a defense that stayed on the field  for 10 minutes at a time. 

There's a very real chance JJAW won't make this team this year. I have 5 WRs on the roster ranked ahead of him. I don't know how he's done so far this summer to win a job. The 2 preseason games haven't given him anything to add to his case to make the team. 

I've been posting on the EMB since our (own) posts were in red italics. JJAW was probably 3 years old when I joined. I've been a part of a few cliques over the years. I'm sorry your feelings may have been hurt when I rejected the invitation to join your "JJAW is satan" clique. People wanted to exaggerate the bad parts of his game and I went against the grain to keep things honest. People turned on me for not helping them pile on with their irrational hate. You can go back and search all my posts and you won't find a single one where I even said he's a good WR. All I've done is argue against  some talking point claims (like: "he never gets open,"  "Can't get separation," etc...) I would love to see us get something out of our 2nd round investment, But if we have guys on the roster that are better, I couldn't care less if he makes the team. I don't need him to fail or succeed to gain personal validation. As long as he is an Eagle, though, I will be rooting for him to succeed.

Jesus....still going on about freaking Whiteside?!

Get a new hobby...this is flat out pathetic.

1 hour ago, DevilMayRage said:

Jesus....still going on about freaking Whiteside?!

Get a new hobby...this is flat out pathetic.

Can you even read or do you just choose not to?

I'm not sure whose clone you are, but you should probably get over your obsession with me. I'm married. 

22 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Yeah, and I sarcastically responded, pointing out that our WRs didn't even get a chance to be the problem Thursday with the combination of terrible QB play and a defense that stayed on the field  for 10 minutes at a time. 

There's a very real chance JJAW won't make this team this year. I have 5 WRs on the roster ranked ahead of him. I don't know how he's done so far this summer to win a job. The 2 preseason games haven't given him anything to add to his case to make the team. 

I've been posting on the EMB since our (own) posts were in red italics. JJAW was probably 3 years old when I joined. I've been a part of a few cliques over the years. I'm sorry your feelings may have been hurt when I rejected the invitation to join your "JJAW is satan" clique. People wanted to exaggerate the bad parts of his game and I went against the grain to keep things honest. People turned on me for not helping them pile on with their irrational hate. You can go back and search all my posts and you won't find a single one where I even said he's a good WR. All I've done is argue against  some talking point claims (like: "he never gets open,"  "Can't get separation," etc...) I would love to see us get something out of our 2nd round investment, But if we have guys on the roster that are better, I couldn't care less if he makes the team. I don't need him to fail or succeed to gain personal validation. As long as he is an Eagle, though, I will be rooting for him to succeed.

He never gets open and cant get separation.

20 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

He never gets open and cant get separation.

It shouldn't be too hard for someone else to win his roster spot then. 

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

It shouldn't be too hard for someone else to win his roster spot then. 

Well, when the competition is Fulgham, Greg Ward, and Hightower, it might be.  

Hightower has theoretical upside because he's fairly fast.  But he's horrible and I wouldn't expect his Pinkston-like frame to be very useful on ST.  Of the entire group, he's the biggest risk for doing something ridiculous on the field to turn the ball over and derail the offense.

Fulgham is horrible but will always have his random 3 game stretch from last year.  Low talent and touch and go motivation are a fantastic combination.

And Greg Ward makes the team as the perennial safety net for other players' failures.  He'll be the PR once Reagor starts muffing them and he'll stand in the right place at WR when the 23 and under crowd gets overwhelmed.  

So with that group as the competition for the last couple WR spots...JJAW might actually be able to stand out if he's willing to throw his body around on ST and get the job done there.

My hope is that once all teams get down to their final 53, some (any?) WR will get released that is better (which wouldn't be difficult) than JJAW & Hightower, and the Eagles can drop whichever one of these two bums that they probably keep right now, for someone who might at least be able to catch a ball...

47 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Metcalf getting snaps on Sea dline.... Wonder if he can play CB too just for an extra f u to Howie 

I guess he's gotten as good as he'll ever be at route running. 

8 hours ago, EagleTen said:

My hope is that once all teams get down to their final 53, some (any?) WR will get released that is better (which wouldn't be difficult) than JJAW & Hightower, and the Eagles can drop whichever one of these two bums that they probably keep right now, for someone who might at least be able to catch a ball...

What may have saved JJAW is Fulghum sucking in camp. 

29 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

What may have saved JJAW is Fulghum sucking in camp. 

Fulgham at his worst is still better than JJAW at his best. That's sad... But being a 2nd pick, is what may still save him in the current situation. 

40 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I have a suspicion they can expect more effort and productivity on ST from JJAW than Fulgham.  

If that were true, JJAW would be in on more ST snaps. Fulgham played 11 ST snaps to JJAW's 4 Thursday. In week 1, Fulgham had 8 ST snaps to JJAW's 7. We can't really see what's going on in practice or behind the scenes, but Both WRs are competing for one of the final WR roster spots. It's unfortunate that Mullins has been playing so poorly in the preseason. It's kind of hard to fault any of the WRs that have to play with him for lack of production. 

7 hours ago, brkmsn said:

If that were true, JJAW would be in on more ST snaps. Fulgham played 11 ST snaps to JJAW's 4 Thursday. In week 1, Fulgham had 8 ST snaps to JJAW's 7. We can't really see what's going on in practice or behind the scenes, but Both WRs are competing for one of the final WR roster spots. It's unfortunate that Mullins has been playing so poorly in the preseason. It's kind of hard to fault any of the WRs that have to play with him for lack of production. 

I think JJAW probably makes the team and people will go crazy when it’s not actually a big deal.

4 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I think JJAW probably makes the team and people will go crazy when it’s not actually a big deal.

It is actually a big deal. It just shows how bad their weapons really are. 

20 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It is actually a big deal. It just shows how bad their weapons really are. 

Nah - not if he makes it as a WR6. Actually quite excited about a WR trio of Smith, Reagor and Watkins with Goedert and Ertz on top at TE.

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Nah - not if he makes it as a WR6. Actually quite excited about a WR trio of Smith, Reagor and Watkins with Goedert and Ertz on top at TE.

Yeah not that excited about this group and the goose egg they put up against the Pats. Reagor couldn’t separate from anyone, but Smith seemed okay. Ertz dropping passes now. There was once again a lot of drops by this group as a whole. A little too early to crown these guys. They’re basically the same group from last season plus Smith. 

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah not that excited about this group and the goose egg they put up against the Pats. Reagor couldn’t separate from anyone, but Smith seemed okay. Ertz dropping passes now. There was once again a lot of drops by this group as a whole. A little too early to crown these guys. They’re basically the same group from last season plus Smith. 

The decision to not play most of the starting O-LIne once Flacco was "starting" was, IMO, a bad decision. We played the WRs most of the first half because (and I think we all agree) they need the work. But we would get a little better look at the WRs if Flacco feels more comfortable in the pocket. The starting O-line should have had a quarter regardless of Hurts's status. 

I really hope Hurts gets a quarter in this week's game to make up for last week. I know we're counting on his availability for the regular season, but he's no finished product at this point. Game practice is still valuable for him. 

15 hours ago, brkmsn said:

The decision to not play most of the starting O-LIne once Flacco was "starting" was, IMO, a bad decision. We played the WRs most of the first half because (and I think we all agree) they need the work. But we would get a little better look at the WRs if Flacco feels more comfortable in the pocket. The starting O-line should have had a quarter regardless of Hurts's status. 

I really hope Hurts gets a quarter in this week's game to make up for last week. I know we're counting on his availability for the regular season, but he's no finished product at this point. Game practice is still valuable for him. 

Doesn’t sound like Hurts will play much if at all on Friday. 

13 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Doesn’t sound like Hurts will play much if at all on Friday. 

For the season opener, we have a team that had very short practices, didn't tackle to the ground, didn't play their inexperienced QB much, even though he NEEDS that experience, and celebrated team practice "wins" instead of pre- season GAME wins. One thought comes to mind for our season opener: 

This is a SUPER soft team. They are going to get their asses kicked. Buddy Ryan would punch Hey Siri right in his face for this kind of trash training camp. This wasn't an NFL training camp, it was a kumbaya, kids summer camp.

6 hours ago, Talonblood said:

For the season opener, we have a team that had very short practices, didn't tackle to the ground, didn't play their inexperienced QB much, even though he NEEDS that experience, and celebrated team practice "wins" instead of pre- season GAME wins. One thought comes to mind for our season opener: 

This is a SUPER soft team. They are going to get their asses kicked. Buddy Ryan would punch Hey Siri right in his face for this kind of trash training camp. This wasn't an NFL training camp, it was a kumbaya, kids summer camp.

I don’t even know who to blame for this, but I doubt Sirianni got this soft camp from Reich. It just feels to me like Howie and the FO have their hands all over this mess. Sirianni is just the new yes man. Doug was that guy till he won a Super Bowl, started to feel himself, and wanted more power. 

9 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I agree, I expect the first game to be a crap show. The QB's aren't being sacked in practice and some of those completions and big plays wouldn't be happening if the dline wasn't letting up.

Archived