Board technical issues

Moderator12

On 4/11/2021 at 6:45 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

I definitely come across videos on there that I want to post and then have to hope I can find them elsewhere to do so.

I take it that's a no from mods since I've been asking for months and nothing

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

That's odd. We could do it on the old board.

• Like 1

Just now, EaglesRocker97 said:

That's odd. We could do it on the old board.

That's what I've been saying lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

There you are.  @Moderator6 can you help out @SBorBust with password issue, he is posting currently as @SB52

Sorry buddy, we had to make some mock draft selections for you

FWIW, I’m completely fine with having the old name disabled and going forward with the new handle.

2 minutes ago, SB52 said:

FWIW, I’m completely fine with having the old name disabled and going forward with the new handle.

You should have them at least give you your stats and join date.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

There you are.  @Moderator6 can you help out @SBorBust with password issue, he is posting currently as @SB52

45 minutes ago, SB52 said:

44 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You should have them at least give you your stats and join date.

@Moderator12 and @VaBeach_Eagle are the technical admins to help you with that.

I just wrangle TATERs all day.  :smoke:  Don't worry we'll get it sorted.  We've all been busy with work stuff lately.  I know, I know EMB priorities!  :flex:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

I just wrangle TATERs all day.  :smoke:

Your wrangling was not very successful last night.  You drug that horse to water against his will and he still refused to drink.

On 4/11/2021 at 5:45 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

I definitely come across videos on there that I want to post and then have to hope I can find them elsewhere to do so.

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

@VaBeach_Eagle could you check out embedding Facebook and Reddit videos and links?  Twitter and YouTube work as expected. 

Thank you.  And don't worry, @Mike030270 cares about it so much he will donate more money to fund your time researching.  :P

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Your wrangling was not very successful last night.  You drug that horse to water against his will and he still refused to drink.

Well hence the saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.  What you can do is give him a 2 week suspension to think about it.  :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

Well hence the saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.  What you can do is give him a 2 week suspension to think about it.  :lol:

Hopefully you made it clear I did not use my immense control over the mods to influence that decision.

Fake Wink GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

32 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Hopefully you made it clear I did not use my immense control over the mods to influence that decision.

Fake Wink GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Well all know you rule here downundermike you aren’t fooling anyone 🙂 

1 hour ago, Moderator6 said:

@VaBeach_Eagle could you check out embedding Facebook and Reddit videos and links?  Twitter and YouTube work as expected. 

Thank you.  And don't worry, @Mike030270 cares about it so much he will donate more money to fund your time researching.  :P

I'm not sure about reddit videos. I've had problems with mobile Facebook and Instagram links not even appearing in the text editor after pasting the links

3 hours ago, SB52 said:

I got a new phone and forgot the password for my SBorBust account. I tried multiple times, but the password email was never sent to my email address. I hope it’s okay if I just use this handle going forward. 

PM me the email address that you used to register and I'll check to see if that's what's in the system and get it straightened out for you.

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Do me a favor, find a video on Facebook and one on Redit, then post both as if you would if that function worked correctly. I want to see what's happening for me, and then when it doesn't work, I want to be able to show that example to Invision so they can tell me what the issue is (and hopefully fix it). 

6 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Do me a favor, find a video on Facebook and one on Redit, then post both as if you would if that function worked correctly. I want to see what's happening for me, and then when it doesn't work, I want to be able to show that example to Invision so they can tell me what the issue is (and hopefully fix it). 

The link for mobile facebook doesn't even appear when I paste it. I click share and copy link but when I paste it nothing appears

I don't know about reddit because I don't normally post anything from reddit but I can try and find one

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNdBnzolYBI/?igshid=73fb2xsupegn
This is what I get from mobile Instagram 

Ok so apparently Reddit links don’t show up either when you paste them from mobile

17 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

The link for mobile facebook doesn't even appear when I paste it. I click share and copy link but when I paste it nothing appears

I don't know about reddit because I don't normally post anything from reddit but I can try and find one

This is what I get from mobile Instagram 

When I click that Instagram link, it takes me to a login page. So if you have to log in to see the video, it definitely won't imbed properly. It would have to be a 'public' video. 

For the Facebook link, use the 'Code' posting option (it's next to the little eyeball above the text box when you post). That will post it so that the link will show... like this:

The code icon doesn’t show up on my phone. I see that it does for PC though 

If I have the phone horizontal then I get a couple more icons but still no code iconA4CFA1E7-AD72-40B7-BDB1-F26113E70926.thumb.png.bf3ad134f3a5afbe9e6f182d3db47841.pngC7F57927-BBE8-451A-AF33-3D9E9088FB77.thumb.png.b8b2048b73bebb3e72a6617c0b61e7da.png

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

When I click that Instagram link, it takes me to a login page. So if you have to log in to see the video, it definitely won't imbed properly. It would have to be a 'public' video. 

For the Facebook link, use the 'Code' posting option (it's next to the little eyeball above the text box when you post). That will post it so that the link will show... like this:

Strange that the eagles would have a video private

7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

The code icon doesn’t show up on my phone. I see that it does for PC though 

If I have the phone horizontal then I get a couple more icons but still no code icon

I know there's a way to fix that, but it's been a while since I've seen that issue. To get around it for now, you can type the 'code' code manually. So that you can see what you have to type, I'll put it into a code box... otherwise, typing it will make it become a code box lol. 

[code]Paste the url of the Facebook video in here.[/code]

12 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I know there's a way to fix that, but it's been a while since I've seen that issue. To get around it for now, you can type the 'code' code manually. So that you can see what you have to type, I'll put it into a code box... otherwise, typing it will make it become a code box lol. 

[code]Paste the url of the Facebook video in here.[/code]

Nothing appears when I paste the link. Here’s a video so you know I’m not crazy lol

https://sendvid.com/oegwhmcp

15 hours ago, downundermike said:

Have @SB52 PM me and I can change the password for @SBorBust

Attempting a Facebook video from the Eagles page.

Copy link and paste:

https://fb.watch/4U9Qa0c5F_/

Entering code:

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?height=476&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fphiladelphiaeagles%2Fvideos%2F950687175671121%2F&show_text=true&width=476" width="476" height="591" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

16 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Nothing appears when I paste the link. Here’s a video so you know I’m not crazy lol

https://sendvid.com/oegwhmcp

When I tried to post videos from Facebook, I got an error message that an error occurred on Facebook. So I went to the Invision client forum and did some reading. It seems that Facebook and Instagram made some changes on their platforms and that broke the ability to embed via Invision forums. 

Invision is aware of the issue and has said that it will be fixed in their new update, which won't be out for a few more weeks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Is it just me, or is the board painfully slow tonight?