Board technical issues

Moderator12

On 12/16/2020 at 3:46 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Invision released their latest version a month or two ago. There's a couple of things that might be nice to have, but they aren't posting features, they're 'geek' features. Mainly raw stat tracking where I can see exactly the number of users and things like that and break it down by day and that feature isn't enough to go through the headache of an upgrade. 

Like I said though, the cost is minimal, $10. So if everyone (or a good number of people) wants it, I can certainly get it and it won't break the bank. 

@Iggles_Phan

@downundermike

@Alphagrand

@greend

@Desertbirds

@Wentz_Era

@DeathByEagle

@4for4EaglesNest

@EagleJoe8

@Ipiggles

@e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

@Swoop

@LeanMeanGM

• Like 1

I'm willing to pitch in if needed. Even with only 3 games left, it could be a good trial run before the draft.

If it keeps me from ever having to view posts that are quoted from people on my ignore list I'm in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I'm willing to pitch in if needed. Even with only 3 games left, it could be a good trial run before the draft.

I presume you're referring to the server upgrade, not the ignore quotes by ignored members feature? Like I said, it would only be about $75 additional between now and the draft (which is when I would target another upgrade if we don't do it now). So it's not a huge expense, I'd have to check to be sure, but the board has at least a couple thousand dollars in reserve. So additional funds wouldn't be needed to do it.

34 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I presume you're referring to the server upgrade, not the ignore quotes by ignored members feature? Like I said, it would only be about $75 additional between now and the draft (which is when I would target another upgrade if we don't do it now). So it's not a huge expense, I'd have to check to be sure, but the board has at least a couple thousand dollars in reserve. So additional funds wouldn't be needed to do it.

Yes, and ok, sounds good. Since we have the funding, can we get a pool table brought in? That'd be cool to have.

:D 

On 12/17/2020 at 3:59 PM, Mike030270 said:

@VaBeach_Eagle let me know what you need!  I need to dig back and see the details, but I'm down to help if I can!

7 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

@VaBeach_Eagle let me know what you need!  I need to dig back and see the details, but I'm down to help if I can!

Well, I don't specifically need it, but I've been contemplating a 2021 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite... oh, wait, that's not what you meant is it? lol

For the board, we over $2k left of the initial donations, so we're good to go for a while. I meant to call GoDaddy yesterday but got busy and forgot. I'll call them shortly though. 

• Like 1

Go Daddy used to sponsor Danica Patrick, and she used to crash a lot too, so that could explain things.

• Haha 3

On 12/24/2020 at 9:40 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

Go Daddy used to sponsor Danica Patrick, and she used to crash a lot too, so that could explain things.

This 100%.

Her and Wrecky Spinhouse were a match made in heaven.

10 minutes ago, IFB DOG said:

This 100%.

Her and Wrecky Spinhouse were a match made in heaven.

Lol, I haven't followed NASCAR in years, I just knew she was only popular because she's attractive. She wasn't all that as a driver.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

At 7:52 PM Eastern time, we had 533 members and guests (combined), accessing the site. That's only 3 shy of our record of 536 (ironically 3 months ago exactly, September 27th).

I wasn't on at the time, but I'm assuming that if there had been any issues, someone would have mentioned it to me. So maybe this upgrade will be the last one until next season when we go 19-0 (20-0 if they make it a 17 game schedule).

Below is the CPU usage for the board on the server. 

image.png

Here's a comparison for November 1 thorough December 13:

USAGE.JPG

For the new upgrade, we only went over 60% resource usage, once (hit 65%). For the November-December comparison, it's really light but if you look closely, you can see a light blue 'fault' line and that's where we hit 100% CPU usage and the site was essentially unresponsive. 

Just a little Geekout session... lol

Curious if you're able to tell by the minute of when the highest spike happened so we can see what play was the "reason"

14 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Curious if you're able to tell by the minute of when the highest spike happened so we can see what play was the "reason"

There's two different places where I can get stats. One is within the boards software and one is from the hosting software. They show two different things. On the board, it shows how many members and guests are online at a given time and the host shows CPU utilization. Those two different stats aren't showing the same things, and that's probably because members can post while guests can only read.

So the highest level of actual activity (posting) is a different time than highest level of people on the board at the same time. 

Here's the highest level of activity (CPU usage) :

Spoiler

HighestCPU.JPG

Here's the highest number of people on the board at one time (you'll notice that it's broken into two readings. One for guests and one for members. Add the two together to get the total. I pasted the reading for members onto the screen shot so that both numbers will show):

Spoiler

Online_2.jpg

I'm curious what play was at 5:23pm

So we had more than 200 guests than members after the game. I wonder if they were actual guests or bots. I guess it could have been Dallas fans checking out our reaction lol

50 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

A Hurts incompletion (pass thrown out of bounds when he was pressured) followed by a false start by Matt Pryor. 

That was about as exciting as anything else during the game, I suppose.

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2020 at 1:44 PM, Mike030270 said:

So we had more than 200 guests than members after the game. I wonder if they were actual guests or bots. I guess it could have been Dallas fans checking out our reaction lol

I believe that they were almost entirely guests. The few spiders that do crawl, would only account for a few 'guests'. The reason that I believe that is because on gamedays we always have a large influx of guests and they tend to linger in the gameday thread. Bots (spiders) would be all over the board 'crawling' and indexing. Plus, the times where I restricted guest access to ease the server strain, we'd have an influx of new memberships (because they didn't have the ability to read the gameday thread without logging in). 

As for why they were here at that particular time, well, it could have been any play within the 12 to 15 minutes prior to 5:23, because the board only tabulates the numbers every 12 to 15 minutes and guests (and members) only stay on the list for 15 minutes. If that person (or bot) isn't active after 15 minutes, they drop off and no longer count as being on the board. 

Looks like we hit a record number of people online tonight (actually, it's after midnight now, so it was technically last night)... 618 people online at the same time. I think it was previously 526? 

Here's what that did to the server:

618.JPG

We hit 66% CPU utilization, but no server faults occurred (look at the image a few posts up and you can see how it looks when there's faults, it's the very light blue... or cyan colored line). 

I wasn't on at the time, so I don't know how the board responded when that peak period hit (11:36 PM Eastern). Did anyone notice any issues?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Looks like we hit a record number of people online tonight (actually, it's after midnight now, so it was technically last night)... 618 people online at the same time. I think it was previously 526? 

Here's what that did to the server:

618.JPG

We hit 66% CPU utilization, but no server faults occurred (look at the image a few posts up and you can see how it looks when there's faults, it's the very light blue... or cyan colored line). 

I wasn't on at the time, so I don't know how the board responded when that peak period hit (11:36 PM Eastern). Did anyone notice any issues?

Board performance seemed good last night. 

• Like 1