Board technical issues

Moderator12

@VaBeach_Eagle

I believe there's a feature that allows members to see how active they've been in a specific thread (post count per thread).  Is there any chance we can activate that here?  Thanks!

2 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

@VaBeach_Eagle

I believe there's a feature that allows members to see how active they've been in a specific thread (post count per thread).  Is there any chance we can activate that here?  Thanks!

Someone else actually asked about that a few months ago, so I asked Invision about it and they said that they did away with that several years ago.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Someone else actually asked about that a few months ago, so I asked Invision about it and they said that they did away with that several years ago.

Ah, ok. 

3 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Ah, ok. 

I might be able to hire someone on Invision's client message board to create that as a custom feature, but we'd lose it if/when we upgraded to the latest version of board software. Right now, there's one version higher than the version (of the board), that we're using. I just haven't had the time to do the upgrade and in the past, whenever an upgrade happened, skins (themes), generally had to be recreated (not always, but usually). So I'd also have to hire the guy who did our theme back in April, to do it again. 

For those reasons, I've resisted upgrading. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Lurie's PC and then draft night will be the best tests

Lurie giving a PC will be anticipated like Comey giving a PC about Hillary's emails.  Fans will be on the edge of their seat as Lurie reviews how bad the season was, how bad the drafting has been, how bad injuries have been, the poor performance and decisions on the field, the cap hell...

...and then he will restate his confidence in Howie and Doug to get it fixed.  And fans will be pissed.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, NOTW said:

Lurie giving a PC will be anticipated like Comey giving a PC about Hillary's emails.  Fans will be on the edge of their seat as Lurie reviews how bad the season was, how bad the drafting has been, how bad injuries have been, the poor performance and decisions on the field, the cap hell...

...and then he will restate his confidence in Howie and Doug to get it fixed.  And fans will be pissed.  :lol:

Safest bet of the week. I'll be shocked if he says anything other than that.

Any reason Instagram posts wouldn't be embedding?

Also Facebook posts from mobile devices still aren't even showing up for me. Still just leaves a blank screen as if I didn't paste a link

On 11/12/2020 at 12:04 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Back on April 15th, Dave announced that the Eagles decided to do away with the board. Within just a matter of minutes of that announcement, things were set in motion to save the EMB by moving to a new home (here). A news story was even done on it, which you can see the video of it here: 

Since this is a brand new board and not the actual old EMB, the stats from the old EMB couldn't be automatically transferred (we tried to get the Eagles to give us the old boards database but the last time I heard from Dave, back before the season started, he said that 'legal' was looking into it but was busy with the start of the season).

Before the old board shut down on April 30th, I archived a bunch of stuff on Archive.org (I was an archiving fool for about 2 weeks there, lol), including a good bit of the old members list which included a good bit of member profiles and stats (about 100 pages of the old members list). Once we opened this new EMB, I was able to adjust people's stats here, to match their stats on the old EMB. That was pretty easy to do for our first 10 days of operation, because the old EMB was still open at that time. Once they closed though, I had to use the archive. That's a bit more time consuming and cumbersome, but doable. 

If you want to search the old member list for your profile, you can find the archive here. If you find yourself, copy the link and either PM it to me, or you can post it here:

To search the archive, you can't click the links (in the archive) like you normally would. You have to right click on the page number and open it in a new tab. Clicking the page number like you normally would, doesn't work. If you know about how many posts you had, it makes it easier to find your profile.

If you can't find your profile, let me know and when I can, I'll see if I can find it but it may be a little while before I can do the search.

I tried to archive as much as I could, between April 15th and April 30th, just to get a 'record' saved, seeing as the board had been around for 20 or so years. Here's a direct link to the last archive of the old EMB before it closed down:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200430205348/https://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/

Dave's closure announcement: 

https://web.archive.org/web/20200429190814/https://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/762971-discussion-boards-closing-down/

The 'New EMB' announcement thread:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200430210109/https://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/762989-new-emb/

Thanks for all of this.  I was on the board since around 2005 or around that but I didn't post that often.  I'm pretty sure I was under 1000 posts.  Its not a huge deal.  I appreciate the effort.  I don't visit all that often anymore but I still do occasionally.  I think I'll just roll with a new profile.

15 minutes ago, beater29 said:

Thanks for all of this.  I was on the board since around 2005 or around that but I didn't post that often.  I'm pretty sure I was under 1000 posts.  Its not a huge deal.  I appreciate the effort.  I don't visit all that often anymore but I still do occasionally.  I think I'll just roll with a new profile.

No problem, if at any time you want your old stats back, just let me know. If you can't find your profile and you need help finding it, I can help when I can (time wise).

Anyone complain about Facebook videos not embedding lately? I made 2 different posts in the 6ers thread tonight. Neither video embedded. Just a link. 

56 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Anyone complain about Facebook videos not embedding lately? I made 2 different posts in the 6ers thread tonight. Neither video embedded. Just a link. 

Was it from PC or mobile?

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

PC

Ok that's recent. Mobile links haven't worked at all on the new board.

Instagram posts aren't embedding either now

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, downundermike said:

@Moderator12, not a bug, but signatures are not showing up for me.  How do you make them show up on posts ??

It sounds like you have a virus. Sigs are showing up for me. 

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It sounds like you have a virus. Sigs are showing up for me. 

I think there is a setting to show/not show signatures.  I can not find it though.

23 hours ago, downundermike said:

I think there is a setting to show/not show signatures.  I can not find it though.

Settings>Signature

Click on View Signature and a green checkmark will appear

7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Settings>Signature

Click on View Signature and a green checkmark will appear

Damn.  I must have looked at that screen 3 times and not seen it.  Thanks buddy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 5:45 PM, Mike030270 said:

Will Instagram and Facebook links ever be fixed?

Is Facebook still relevant enough to even care about? Like, what content from there would you really need to post here?

Honestly asking not even trolling.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jrsu37 said:

Is Facebook still relevant enough to even care about? Like, what content from there would you really need to post here?

Does it matter? It doesn't work

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure who to ask this, but I saw the notice about clicking the ads the other day, and I was thinking...

My girlfriend just built an e-commerce website by herself, but she's discovering just buying social media/google advertising is not extremely cost effective.

If I paid you guys like $50, would you put a banner up on here?  How long?  

https://www.nirvanery.com/

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 8:24 AM, jrsu37 said:

I definitely come across videos on there that I want to post and then have to hope I can find them elsewhere to do so.

• Thanks 1

I got a new phone and forgot the password for my SBorBust account. I tried multiple times, but the password email was never sent to my email address. I hope it’s okay if I just use this handle going forward. 

4 minutes ago, SB52 said:

I got a new phone and forgot the password for my SBorBust account. I tried multiple times, but the password email was never sent to my email address. I hope it’s okay if I just use this handle going forward. 

There you are.  @Moderator6 can you help out @SBorBust with password issue, he is posting currently as @SB52

Sorry buddy, we had to make some mock draft selections for you