Board technical issues

Moderator12

On 6/23/2021 at 3:02 PM, Mike030270 said:

I wonder if the new upgrade will come with options on skins. 

Oh, hello. Go on.

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Just had this pop up

image.png.84b9bba8250e1fc2ba2f93eff148b30b.png

Everything ok or is this on my end?

You done pissed off the mods!

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

@VaBeach_Eagle @Moderator12

Can you remove the daily restriction on reactions? Doesn't really make sense to have a restriction when it's not like people can abuse it and give negative reactions constantly

I 2nd this. 

Also, are there other options of reaction types?  I see a lot of people use sad or confused as a way to "disagree."  Is there a heart/love reaction and an angry/disagree type reaction?  These are minor things of course, just curious.

11 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Can you remove the daily restriction on reactions? Doesn't really make sense to have a restriction when it's not like people can abuse it and give negative reactions constantly

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

I 2nd this. 

Also, are there other options of reaction types?  I see a lot of people use sad or confused as a way to "disagree."  Is there a heart/love reaction and an angry/disagree type reaction?  These are minor things of course, just curious.

I don't know if there was a reason for limiting the number per day, but we can look into it. 

Looking at the settings, I see that "Sad" and "Confused are 'neutral' (don't add points to the receiving posters reputation points), whereas "Like" "HaHa" and "Thanks" add 1 to the receiving posters reputation points. 

One of them (maybe the "Like" one), was originally a heart, if I remember right. But what you see there (those 5), are all we have. There are no others to 'turn on' or 'activate'. We may be able to create one or two more, but having too many may be a bit too unwieldy.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't know if there was a reason for limiting the number per day, but we can look into it. 

Looking at the settings, I see that "Sad" and "Confused are 'neutral' (don't add points to the receiving posters reputation points), whereas "Like" "HaHa" and "Thanks" add 1 to the receiving posters reputation points. 

One of them (maybe the "Like" one), was originally a heart, if I remember right. But what you see there (those 5), are all we have. There are no others to 'turn on' or 'activate'. We may be able to create one or two more, but having too many may be a bit too unwieldy.

Thanks. Appreciate it

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

BTW is there any timetable you can give with the reaction restriction?

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

BTW is there any timetable you can give with the reaction restriction?

As soon as I can figure out how to set it so that for every like that any member is give, I secretly get two... :devil:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Sounds good, was just curious the options. Thanks.

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Sounds good, was just curious the options. Thanks.

We could probably add one or two, without a big impact. Looking at the icons that are there currently, did you have something in mind (of the same size)?

On 8/13/2021 at 1:24 PM, Mike030270 said:

The reaction limit has been doubled to 200.  If you like more posts than that per day, get a life loser!

j/k

not really

6 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

The reaction limit has been doubled to 200.  If you like more posts than that per day, get a life loser!

j/k

not really

That will only happen if you post 201 times in a day :wub:

@Moderator12, not really a glitch, but something that drives me crazy.  I primarily view the board by "content posted in".  When you got to a forum, you have the option to pick the page number you want to jump into a thread.

image.png.19e337dcf86ff18b8301a51128fa376d.png

If you view the board as "content posted in", it does not show the page numbers like the above.

image.thumb.png.77b30ac63157d9743091200bef32ad4c.png

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

@Moderator12, not really a glitch, but something that drives me crazy.  I primarily view the board by "content posted in".  When you got to a forum, you have the option to pick the page number you want to jump into a thread.

If you view the board as "content posted in", it does not show the page numbers like the above.

I'll see if there's a way to make the page numbers show up, but I'm thinking that's just how Invision has it set up and there's likely no way to do it. I'll also look on Invision's client message board and see if anyone else has asked that question. 

43 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'll see if there's a way to make the page numbers show up, but I'm thinking that's just how Invision has it set up and there's likely no way to do it. I'll also look on Invision's client message board and see if anyone else has asked that question. 

Any chance we can get other layouts to choose from?

43 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Any chance we can get other layouts to choose from?

By Layouts, do you mean the 'theme/skin'?

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

By Layouts, do you mean the 'theme/skin'?

Yes. Maybe a darker one

19 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Yes. Maybe a darker one

For that, I'd need to hire the skin designer that did this one, which isn't a problem (provided he's still doing it). But it would take $75 to $100 of the boards funds to get it done. 

In the fairly distant past, I used to do skins myself. But Invision changed their skinning section so much that I couldn't keep up (as a dabbler and not a 'professional'). When/if I have the time to fiddle around with it, I could give it a go and see what I could come up with, without completely screwing it up lol. But finding the time would be the thing.

I'll  also look at some of the pre-made themes that may be available, which could be altered slightly to fit our topic (the Eagles). Some of those may be free, but some may have a price. 

34 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

For that, I'd need to hire the skin designer that did this one, which isn't a problem (provided he's still doing it). But it would take $75 to $100 of the boards funds to get it done. 

In the fairly distant past, I used to do skins myself. But Invision changed their skinning section so much that I couldn't keep up (as a dabbler and not a 'professional'). When/if I have the time to fiddle around with it, I could give it a go and see what I could come up with, without completely screwing it up lol. But finding the time would be the thing.

I'll  also look at some of the pre-made themes that may be available, which could be altered slightly to fit our topic (the Eagles). Some of those may be free, but some may have a price. 

If you could just look for the pre-made themes that are already available that'd be great. I wasn't looking for something costly. I thought Invision would have some you could just download and we'd have the option to change to different ones

If there's a darker Eagles theme(free) that'd be cool

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

If you could just look for the pre-made themes that are already available that'd be great. I wasn't looking for something costly. I thought Invision would have some you could just download and we'd have the option to change to different ones

Invision used to have pre-made themes, they may still. But it's been about 10 years since I've looked. I'll see what's available, if any. Or I'll duplicate this theme and fiddle around with it and see if I can make it a dark version. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

You don't like the other them available ??

image.thumb.png.39c8aa4558a2dcc45dd910d2f154e597.png

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You don't like the other them available ??

image.thumb.png.39c8aa4558a2dcc45dd910d2f154e597.png

Definitely no

16 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Definitely no

Well, I did the best I could... :sad: