Board technical issues

Moderator12

Just now, downundermike said:

Did you archive or screen shot your previous stats before the previous board was deleted ??

No.

At the time, I didn't realize the board was in peril. I would post a bunch, then take a break, repeat.   So I take it if I didn't do these pre-emptive steps, there's nothing that can be done?

No bigee. It's not the end of the world.  Me and a bunch of guys on here are from ESPN when their boards went "robust."  I guess that was around mid-2000's.   

1 minute ago, EagleRob said:

No.

At the time, I didn't realize the board was in peril. I would post a bunch, then take a break, repeat.   So I take it if I didn't do these pre-emptive steps, there's nothing that can be done?

No bigee. It's not the end of the world.  Me and a bunch of guys on here are from ESPN when their boards went "robust."  I guess that was around mid-2000's.   

Did you post in any of the threads leading up to, during and celebrating the Super Bowl win ??

@VaBeach_Eagle archived all of those threads, so if you posted in them, he can look.  Check out this post, it has links to some of the archived threads.

https://www.eaglesmessageboard.com/topic/415-old-emb-archived-threads/

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Did you post in any of the threads leading up to, during and celebrating the Super Bowl win ??

@VaBeach_Eagle archived all of those threads, so if you posted in them, he can look.  Check out this post, it has links to some of the archived threads.

https://www.eaglesmessageboard.com/topic/415-old-emb-archived-threads/

Pretty sure I did.  VaBeach once sent me a video of the Minny game during the playoffs, so i know I had to post during the SB.

Thanks for this!!!

I was about to dig into you about Hurts being a run-first QB... I glad I didn't. 🙂
I'll do it later after you finish helping me. 🙂

1 minute ago, EagleRob said:

Pretty sure I did. Thanks for this!!!

I was about to dig into you about Hurts being a run-first QB... I glad I didn't. 🙂

The Rock Bring It GIFs | Tenor

3 hours ago, EagleRob said:

Pretty sure I did.  VaBeach once sent me a video of the Minny game during the playoffs, so i know I had to post during the SB.

Thanks for this!!!

Is this you? 

http://archives.eaglesmessageboard.com/SuperBowlLII/archives.eaglesmessageboard.com/SuperBowlLII/boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/743131-super-bowl-lii-gdt-vs-new-england-eagles/indexe8eee8ee.html?page=5%26tab=comments#comment-21023343

I also found you in the archive of the member list on page 74 (if that's you): 

https://web.archive.org/web/20200428190225/https://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/search/?type=core_members&group[13]=1&group[4]=1&group[17]=1&group[10]=1&group[8]=1&group[3]=1&group[11]=1&group[6]=1&group[12]=1&group[15]=1&group[16]=1&group[18]=1&sortby=member_posts&sortdirection=desc&page=74

10 minutes ago, EagleRob said:

the-man-youre-the-man.gif

Ha-ha!
Yes... he is I and I am him!

How what do we (meaning you 🙂 ) do?

Thanks so much!!!

You're all set. I just added those old stats to your new ones, so you're up to date.

If you want to add your old member number and old join date to your profile, I believe there's fields in there for those things. Your old member number is 230704 and your old join date is July 25, 2014. 

You don't have to add those things, only if you want to.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Doc S. posting here.

Probably should be better at this, pasting and such, but here's the issue.

The page keeps showing double posts.

Here's my response in the Blog Thread. Page 803.

"Board duplicating posts or is it on my end??

5 times so far...

Edit, on refresh it settles back down.  Anyone else?"

4 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

Doc S. posting here.

Probably should be better at this, pasting and such, but here's the issue.

The page keeps showing double posts.

Here's my response in the Blog Thread. Page 803.

"Board duplicating posts or is it on my end??

5 times so far...

Edit, on refresh it settles back down.  Anyone else?"

Good think you clarified who was posting, not sure how we would have known who it was otherwise :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

image.png.16bea5be74f89f8e9fcd58642de085be.png

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Good think you clarified who was posting, not sure how we would have known who it was otherwise :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Yup. well ...:P

Nice graphics...

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 4:40 PM, downundermike said:

Reminds me of the guy last year Brody I think was his name? He started a topic titled simply "Brody." Dropped his hot takes and left.

Legend.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any reason my picture uploads are capped so low, suddenly overnight? The max size is 0.03MB, I basically can't post any type of picture.

5 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Any reason my picture uploads are capped so low, suddenly overnight? The max size is 0.03MB, I basically can't post any type of picture.

I just looked, you're currently sitting at 99% of your attachment storage allowance. You only have .03 MB of space left. 

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I just looked, you're currently sitting at 99% of your attachment storage allowance. You only have .03 MB of space left. 

Ahhhh...too many memes lol, I'll have to be more selective. I didn't realize it accumulated like that.

Does the board have a block feature that prevents you from seeing quoted posts and mentions? Something more advanced than the ignore feature? If not then it needs one

There's a few in the blog thread that could use that

19 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Does the board have a block feature that prevents you from seeing quoted posts and mentions? Something more advanced than the ignore feature? If not then it needs one

There's a few in the blog thread that could use that

No, only the standard ignore feature. To block quotes from blocked members, the member quoting the blocked person would also have to be ignored. 

• 4 weeks later...

@Moderator12

Board double posting again.

Firefox on Win 10, laptop.

Anyone else?

Love the coding, keeps it interesting...:P

Just a heads up...

Edit:...and just like that it settles down again... As you were, nothing to see here...Carry on...:angel

Edit 2, Not sure if this is an across the Board issue or just on my end. Anyway, thought it was worth a mention...

Cheers! :Eagle_smiley:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doc S. said:

@Moderator12

Board double posting again.

Firefox on Win 10, laptop.

Anyone else?

Love the coding, keeps it interesting...:P

Just a heads up...

Edit:...and just like that it settles down again... As you were, nothing to see here...Carry on...:angel

Edit 2, Not sure if this is an across the Board issue or just on my end. Anyway, thought it was worth a mention...

Cheers! :Eagle_smiley:

Gotcha.  Let me know if it happens again.  Hard to nail down those temporary blips.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Posts are taking a little longer than usual to post

Well except for this one

It’s just the blog, and it seems due to the length of the thread. 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Shouldn't be. I'm on another board that has threads with way more pages than that thread and don't have problems

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Shouldn't be. I'm on another board that has threads with way more pages than that thread and don't have problems

You have a board outside of us???

:o 

• Haha 2

On 12/20/2022 at 10:55 AM, downundermike said:

@Moderator12 been a couple days now, seems like posts are taking longer than normal to save.

On 12/24/2022 at 7:11 PM, Mike030270 said:

Posts are taking a little longer than usual to post

Well except for this one

On 12/24/2022 at 7:15 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

@Moderator12 have you seen this yet ??

@EagleJoe8 it is happening for me in all threads.

26 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@Moderator12 have you seen this yet ??

@EagleJoe8 it is happening for me in all threads.

Really? I’ve only experienced it in the blog. All other threads have given me normal posting time.